Windows 10: Wired and Wireless Mice going to a projector and desktop

Discus and support Wired and Wireless Mice going to a projector and desktop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a desktop that can display one thing on the monitor and another on a projector screen. I purchased a wireless mouse and keyboard for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Shawna1972, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Wired and Wireless Mice going to a projector and desktop

I have a desktop that can display one thing on the monitor and another on a projector screen. I purchased a wireless mouse and keyboard for the projector to use during my lessons. Is it possible to have the wireless mouse and keyboard work on the projector and the wired mouse and keyboard to work on the desktop simultaneously?

:)

Shawna1972, Dec 17, 2020

2. Wired v. Wireless. Please advise.

Like millions of others, I need to replace my 10 year-old Windows 7 desktop. Researching everywhere imaginable, I see that "wireless" mice and keyboards are the "in" thing. Wired desktops and all-in-ones are becoming hard to find.

I am so used to my trusty (wired) HP desktop that I am inclined to stay wired, and I like the idea of the all-in-one. Why have to turn keyboard and mouse on and off every day?

Yet I notice that in Best Buy's accessories section there is ONE wired mouse and dozens of wireless mice, in an array of shapes, sizes--and prices. Likewise with keyboards. So apparently people are replacing their wired mice with wireless ones. My question
    is why.

There must be some advantage in going wireless. Are they faster? More accurate? Is it actually necessary to turn them on and off every day? How often do batteries have to be replaced? If I purchased a wireless pc, could I change it to wired if I were inclined
    to do so? I'd like to understand. And would appreciate some advice.

Grandpa Jim, Dec 17, 2020
  3. microsoft wired wireless optical desktop receiver2.1 mouse

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the Microsoft wireless optical desktop receiver 2.1 mouse. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the model number of the Optical mouse?

Meanwhile, please try the methods as referred in this article except
    method 4: Troubleshoot a wireless mouse
    that does not function correctly

In addition, we would also suggest you to perform the steps as mentioned in these article:

I have trouble connecting my wired/wireless
    device

My mouse isn't working

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Wired and Wireless Mice going to a projector and desktop

Wireless Versus Wired Mice/Keyboard

I can vouch for the quality of the G700 as I currently own and use one. It does come with a USB connection if you want to use it wired. I prefer to use it wired, but when I used it wireless for a couple of weeks I experience zero lag between inputs.

f22a4bandit, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

Wired and Wireless Mice going to a projector and desktop

1. Wired and Wireless Mice going to a projector and desktop - Similar Threads - Wired Wireless Mice

2. Unable to connect to wireless projector

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to wireless projector: I just purchased a laptop with Windows 11 and I am unable to connect to my wireless projector. I can see the projector, and put the code in, and then it says connecting, but never connects. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  3. Unable to connect to wireless projector

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to wireless projector: I just purchased a laptop with Windows 11 and I am unable to connect to my wireless projector. I can see the projector, and put the code in, and then it says connecting, but never connects. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  4. go from a wireless to wired on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    go from a wireless to wired on windows 10: go from a wireless to wired on a PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/go-from-a-wireless-to-wired-on-windows-10/c1edf395-8bb7-42cb-a5f0-043a9ed81e5c
  5. go from a wireless to wired on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    go from a wireless to wired on windows 10: go from a wireless to wired on a PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/go-from-a-wireless-to-wired-on-windows-10/c1edf395-8bb7-42cb-a5f0-043a9ed81e5c
  6. go from a wireless to wired on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Using 2 Wireless Mice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using 2 Wireless Mice: Is it possible to connect (wirelessly) a second wireless mouse to the same USB port and have them both work simultaneously? Thanks 171499
  8. Using 2 Wireless Mice

in Windows 10 Support
    Using 2 Wireless Mice: Is it possible to connect (wirelessly) a second wireless mouse to the same USB port and have them both work simultaneously? Thanks 171499
  9. Recommendation for wireless mice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recommendation for wireless mice: I'm trying to look for a wireless mouse to replace the one I have right now. However, it seems that despite my seemingly low requirements, I can't find something that seems satisfactory. Right now, I'm using a Dell WM514p which, while good enough, doesn't have back/forward...
  10. Need help. Do I go wireless or wired for desktop gaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need help. Do I go wireless or wired for desktop gaming: Ok, My wife is taking the spare room where my Desktop PC is currently and the modem I am hooked up to. And I am moving my rig in the basement to the opposite side of the house which will be about 46 ft away from the modem. So, should I go wireless? I was thinking on buying...