Windows 10: Wired and wireless mouse not working after reinstallation of windows

Discus and support Wired and wireless mouse not working after reinstallation of windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Everything else works. Lan card works, USB wired keyboard works, USB flash drives works. ONLY the most critical tool - MOUSE, either the wired one or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tsw88, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Tsw88 Win User

Wired and wireless mouse not working after reinstallation of windows

Everything else works. Lan card works, USB wired keyboard works, USB flash drives works.

ONLY the most critical tool - MOUSE, either the wired one or the wireless one, I've tried different ports. It just returns with error message suggesting that the system couldn't detect the new hardware !

It once worked , just for one time, it works for one time. It was connected directly to the USB port of the motherboard. I thought everything was alright and took it out and wanted to put it back on the ports of the USB hub.

But then it doesn't work. I tried different ports on the USB hub, none of them works, however, other devices like flash drives work totally.

Then I tried to stick it back the USB port of the motherboard. It doesn't work again.

I feel so frustrated. Keyboard is not enough !

I don't think both mouse failed. One is even a new one (wired), the older one is a Microsoft wireless one which works perfectly yesterday on another computer!

Does anyone experience the same problem? Any idea?

Without the mouse, I am not able to get to the details of the error message shown on the bottom right corner !

:)

Tsw88, Mar 4, 2019
  2. FGohh Win User

usb wired and wireless mouse stopped working

Wireless 2.4G mouse was working. Recently had a MS update and then the wireless mouse stopped working. Tried using a wired USB mouse and it too doesn't work. Using Device Manager, I am able to Uninstall the Dell USB Mouse that is listed under Other Devices
    which happens to be the wired mouse. Removing the USB connection and then plugging it back in, pops up a window Setting up Device followed by another pop up window indicated Device is Ready. However, the mouse still doesn't work.

Going back to the Device Manager, I can see the Device Status "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)"

Fortunately I am on an Asus laptop and under Mice and other pointing device, the Asus Supported Device still works which is the touchpad.

Really would be helpful if the wired or wireless mouse worked. By the way, same behavior applies for the Wireless mouse.

FGohh, Mar 4, 2019
  3. SRNonStop Win User
    Mouse problem - No mice work, wireless or wired

On Windows 10, after previously working just fine, a reboot has rendered any and all mouse devices non-responsive. Only the touchpad works. I have tried numerous steps already...

1) Tried the mouse on another computer. Both wired and wireless work on other PCs, but not on the PC in question.

2) Tried a different USB port, none work despite recognizing the USB device and installing drivers.

3) Safe mode is no different. I have uninstalled the 3 Human Interface devices and allowed Windows to re-install them.

4) I have a wireless keyboard that shares the wireless mouse USB port, the keyboard works but the mouse does not.

5) I have checked for Windows updates, none are available.

6) I have rebooted, restarted and tried again numerous times.

7) Neither wired nor wireless work, on any or all USB ports. Other devices work in these same USB ports.

How can I restore mouse functionality that previously worked?

SRNonStop, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Logitech Wireless Mouse

Hi Ken,

Not working wireless mouse could be due to the following:

• Outdated device driver
    • No device driver installed
    • Faulty wireless mouse receiver

We would like to know some information to better isolate the issue:

• Have you done any changes (like updating your Windows) on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using using your wireless mouse on other computer and checked if the issue persists?
    • Have you tried updating your wireless mouse driver?

For initial troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to run Windows troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshoot in the search box and press Enter.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, then click
      Run the troubleshooter

If the troubleshooter didn't work, you can check this
    article
    about updating your wireless mouse driver.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Wired and wireless mouse not working after reinstallation of windows - Similar Threads - Wired wireless mouse

2. keyboard and mouse intermitanly not working right wired and wireless

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard and mouse intermitanly not working right wired and wireless: only started yesterday, keyboard and mouse either not working or reacting slow and not moving. have tried wired and wireless. both react the same. there was a windows 11 update a few days ago and has started since then. PC say latest drivers are installed. logitech wireless...
  3. keyboard and mouse intermitanly not working right wired and wireless

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard and mouse intermitanly not working right wired and wireless: only started yesterday, keyboard and mouse either not working or reacting slow and not moving. have tried wired and wireless. both react the same. there was a windows 11 update a few days ago and has started since then. PC say latest drivers are installed. logitech wireless...
  4. Headphones not working: wireless and wired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones not working: wireless and wired: a long time ago i unplugged my headphones form the audio jack and then after i replugged them i couldnt hear anything, i restarted, shut down, updated audio drivers, ran windows diagnostics, ran wystem file checker but it still doesnt work. strange thing is its the same thing...
  5. Headphones not working: wireless and wired

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones not working: wireless and wired: a long time ago i unplugged my headphones form the audio jack and then after i replugged them i couldnt hear anything, i restarted, shut down, updated audio drivers, ran windows diagnostics, ran wystem file checker but it still doesnt work. strange thing is its the same thing...
  6. Wired USB mouse and wireless keyboard not working in a specific USB port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wired USB mouse and wireless keyboard not working in a specific USB port: I've been having this problem now where a USB port doesn't work with my wireless keyboard and wired mouse, I can't do anything with computer hardware, so don't tell me to replace it or something, this USB port is on the right of the laptop, and the 'alternative' one I'm using...
  7. Wired keyboard and wireless mouse lagging

Wired keyboard and wireless mouse lagging: No idea how to even start checking what the issue is. When I start using my laptop Dell XPS 13 9310 in the morning - it works. But after some time something weird starts to happen. There is no CPU/Ram/anything spikes in the panels, no errors, no nothing. It's the latest...
  8. Wired Keyboard and Mouse are not working

Wired Keyboard and Mouse are not working: My wired Keyboard and mouse have stopped working and I have no idea why. I am using an HP 24 all in one PC. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wired-keyboard-and-mouse-are-not-working/71b9f286-b87b-4044-9884-2deb6481ddea
  9. Wired Mouse not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wired Mouse not working: My wired gaming mouse is not working properly.....every day it works for few hours then suddenly the led starts blinking and cursor stop moving....it gets back to normal again after restarting the system ..but then again after few hours same thing happens. I've bought a new...
  10. Wired & Wireless Mouse stops working or keeps glitching, Windows 10

Wired & Wireless Mouse stops working or keeps glitching, Windows 10: I previously asked a question about my wired mouse not working, and even trying a wireless mouse not working. This is the link to that conversation:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard not working after reinstallation of windows