Windows 10: Wired audio does not work

Discus and support Wired audio does not work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was browsing in the Realtek Audio Control and changed something in the playback device setting to stereo 7.1, and then the app closed and now I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StrayDrop, Jun 7, 2021.

1. StrayDrop Win User

Wired audio does not work

I was browsing in the Realtek Audio Control and changed something in the playback device setting to stereo 7.1, and then the app closed and now I don't have any sound coming out when I plug anything into the headphones socket. I forgot what the setting was and I'm really sorry for that, and now I don't know what to do at all. Can you please help.

:)

StrayDrop, Jun 7, 2021

2. Audio not working

Hi Mirdula,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed to fix the issue?

For now, I suggest that you refer to the article, Windows 10 – Audio Troubleshooting Tips
    and check if the steps provided helps rectify the issue.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 7, 2021
  3. AUDIO SERVICE NOT WORKING.

Hi,

In that case, I suggest you follow below.

Step 1:

In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, then select it from the results.

Step 2:

Select the arrow next to Sound, video and game controllers to expand it.

Step 3:

Look for IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. If it's listed, right-click it and select Update Driver, then select Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Step 4:

You’ll see a list of pre-installed drivers. Select High Definition Audio Device, and then select Next.

Step 5:

Restart PC

Let me know the results after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Jun 7, 2021
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jun 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Wired audio does not work - Similar Threads - Wired audio does

2. Wired Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Audio Issues: So, my wired headphones literally do not work here. I've tried all my wired headphones/earplugs, even a new one I just got today. It. Doesn't. Work. So, can somebody explain to me what the heck is going on?!? Thanks.edit: And it's just wired, Bluetooth works, but it makes it...
  3. Wired Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wired Audio Issues: So, my wired headphones literally do not work here. I've tried all my wired headphones/earplugs, even a new one I just got today. It. Doesn't. Work. So, can somebody explain to me what the heck is going on?!? Thanks.edit: And it's just wired, Bluetooth works, but it makes it...
  4. The audio does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The audio does not work: I installed my system about 2 months ago and everything was fine until today, I can't hear anything from any game so I tried to fix the problem. However, I found that my audio just doesn't work. I'm not sure what I did, but every time I try to open the sound in the system...
  5. The audio does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The audio does not work: I installed my system about 2 months ago and everything was fine until today, I can't hear anything from any game so I tried to fix the problem. However, I found that my audio just doesn't work. I'm not sure what I did, but every time I try to open the sound in the system...
  6. The audio does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. The audio does not work

The audio does not work: I installed my system about 2 months ago and everything was fine until today, I can't hear anything from Call of Duty so I tried to fix the problem. However, I found that my audio just doesn't work from Windows. I'm not sure what I did, but every time I try to open the sound...
  8. No audio in wired headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No audio in wired headphones: My computer doesn't detect my wired headphones. I've tried different headphones and none of them have worked. Its also not a hardware issue since ubuntu seems to pick them up no problem. Is there any way to fix this? My computer is a Acer Aspire f5-522. submitted by...
  9. Fire Wire Audio interface

Fire Wire Audio interface: Looking for driver updates for Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 firewire interface and Windows 10, The audio is not working or occasionally plays intermittently. The fire wire connected light on interface is intermittent....
  10. Onboard Audio does not work

Onboard Audio does not work: Hello, I've just started having this issue since I did a fresh install of Windows 10, it seems like the onboard audio doesn't work, the rear audio jacks don't work and nor do the front, no matter what headphones I use, still no luck, all my drivers are upto date and the...