Windows 10: Wired connection "no Internet access" but works every few seconds

Discus and support Wired connection "no Internet access" but works every few seconds in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Today all of a sudden I'm having connection issues with my wired connection. I have the yellow triangle that says "no Internet access". Funny thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Phantomcave, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Wired connection "no Internet access" but works every few seconds

Today all of a sudden I'm having connection issues with my wired connection.
    I have the yellow triangle that says "no Internet access". Funny thing is every few seconds I can access the Internet. Sometimes the yellow icon goes away, sometimes it stays. But the connection cuts out within seconds every time and the yellow triangle reappears.

CMD ipconfig looks the same when connection works and when it doesn't.

I've tried renewing ip and netsh winsock reset.
    I've restarted the router, restarted pc, enabled/disabled the net adapter and two other pc's on the same network have the same issue.

:)

Phantomcave, Dec 15, 2016
  2. ynntonp Win User

Windows 10 continues to give "default gateway unavailable" if you view videos on line

I had Windows 7 on my Dell Inspiron desktop (direct wired to the modem) and upgraded to Windows 10 a few days ago. If I check email on my MSN account or view videos through Explorer or Edge within a few seconds the image freezes, and "page not available"
    is displayed. Then I get an "X" on my internet connectivity icon and when I do a "network repair" it will tell me that the "default gateway" is not available. I then have to either disconnect power to the modem and/or restart the computer to reacquire the
    internet. All other devices that I have (and are not running Windows 10 and have a wireless connection to the same modem) are working just fine.

ynntonp, Dec 15, 2016
  3. grschinon Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Dec 15, 2016
  4. Neemobeer Win User

Wired connection "no Internet access" but works every few seconds

Neemobeer, Dec 15, 2016
  5. I have downloaded the script. Will run it the next time the connection stops working!

Phantomcave, Dec 16, 2016
  6. I've tried using different cable, using WiFi, only having one pc connected to it and it's all the same.
    I also tried setting a static ip but it's still not stable. I guess this means the Router is just shot right? Time to get a new one I guess.

I've been able to stay connected for a couple hours at a time but I still get the same problem after a while... So frustrating.
    It has to be the Router malfunctioning right? Why would this happen all of a sudden. And when I do manage to stay connected it works fine but then I just lose connection and it becomes unstable...

Please let me know if you need any more information!

Phantomcave, Dec 16, 2016
  7. Neemobeer Win User
    Yeah everything looks fine from the log minus the router doesn't appear to be forwarding traffic. If you're using a router and a modem, try bypassing the router and plug straight into the modem. You will need to either set it to DHCP or determine what subnet the modem runs on. Many of them are on 192.168.100.0/24 network.

Neemobeer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Wired connection "no Internet access" but works every few seconds

1. Wired connection "no Internet access" but works every few seconds - Similar Threads - Wired connection Internet

2. Repeatedly losing internet connection for few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeatedly losing internet connection for few seconds: Hi,I'm using win 10 22H2 19045.2965. the network repeatedly failing to connect to the internet Wi-Fi is still connected, but no internet available. It appears around 20s to 1 min, then return to normal. My other devices are working well. Here's what I've tried so far:*...
  3. Repeatedly losing internet connection for few seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Repeatedly losing internet connection for few seconds: Hi,I'm using win 10 22H2 19045.2965. the network repeatedly failing to connect to the internet Wi-Fi is still connected, but no internet available. It appears around 20s to 1 min, then return to normal. My other devices are working well. Here's what I've tried so far:*...
  4. losing internet connection for few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    losing internet connection for few seconds: Hi,I'm using win 10 22H2 19045.2965. the network keeps failing to connect to the internet. It appears around 20s to 1 min. Wi-Fi is still connected, but no internet available My other device working well. Here's what I've tried so far:* Rebooting multiple times* Running...
  5. losing internet connection for few seconds

losing internet connection for few seconds: Hi,I'm using win 10 22H2 19045.2965. the network keeps failing to connect to the internet. It appears around 20s to 1 min. Wi-Fi is still connected, but no internet available My other device working well. Here's what I've tried so far:* Rebooting multiple times* Running...
  6. losing internet connection for few seconds

7. Internet disconnecting every few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet disconnecting every few seconds: Can somone please help my internet has been disconnecting every few seconde for a couple months now and i have moved my pc and stuff its not the connection...
  8. Internet disconnecting every few seconds

Internet disconnecting every few seconds: Can somone please help my internet has been disconnecting every few seconde for a couple months now and i have moved my pc and stuff its not the connection...
  9. Internet disconnecting every few seconds

10. My Wired internet disconnects randomly for a few seconds but my wireless connection on my...

My Wired internet disconnects randomly for a few seconds but my wireless connection on my...: The problem is in the title. My Ethernet connection has been dropping for about a few weeks now, and it also affects one of the other computer that is wired as well. Wireless has been running smoothly with no drops in connection. I've also talked with my isp and they sent a...