Windows 10: wired controller not working on pc

Discus and support wired controller not working on pc in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; just bought a wired cotnroller to play with on pc and i tried to connect it with the cbale that comes with the controller and it doesnt work. i hold... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by YanBlunt, Jan 13, 2021.

1. YanBlunt Win User

wired controller not working on pc

just bought a wired cotnroller to play with on pc and i tried to connect it with the cbale that comes with the controller and it doesnt work. i hold down the button and it doesnt even flash. please help

:)

YanBlunt, Jan 13, 2021

2. Xbox 360 wired controller won't work with desktop

Hi,

I realize that Xbox 360 wired controller does not work with desktop. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in another USB device in to the PC to check if the device gets detected on the computer.

Ensure to install all pending Windows updates on the pc to keep it up to date. In the search box on the taskbar, enter Windows Update, select Windows Update. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.

Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Suggest you to plug in the device and run the hardware troubleshooter. Once this is done, restart the computer to check if this helps.

• Press “Windows key + X” to click on “Control Panel”.

• Click on “Troubleshooting” and click on “View all”.
    Click on “Hardware and Devices” to run the troubleshooter. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jan 13, 2021
  3. natr0n Win User
    natr0n, Jan 13, 2021
  4. wired controller not working on pc

Xbox One wired Controller doesn't work. Only with GOW

As title says. My Xbox One wired Controller works great with all games I have, except for Gears of War.
    Any suggestion?

Siegfriedm, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

wired controller not working on pc

1. wired controller not working on pc - Similar Threads - wired controller working

2. Cosmic byte wired controllers not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cosmic byte wired controllers not working: Hi team .. Me and my friend bought two new cosmic byte controllers. We are unable to connect both of them at a time as one of them blinks. Can someone help on this...
  3. Cosmic byte wired controllers not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cosmic byte wired controllers not working: Hi team .. Me and my friend bought two new cosmic byte controllers. We are unable to connect both of them at a time as one of them blinks. Can someone help on this...
  4. Wired Controller Connection not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Controller Connection not working: Hello,I am currently using a DS4 Duelshock 4 Controller, and it is connected through a cable into my pc. Light comes on signalling that it is charging, it comes up in "Devices and Printers" but still wont give an input. As well as that I have another DS4 controller that isn't...
  5. Wired Controller Connection not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wired Controller Connection not working: Hello,I am currently using a DS4 Duelshock 4 Controller, and it is connected through a cable into my pc. Light comes on signalling that it is charging, it comes up in "Devices and Printers" but still wont give an input. As well as that I have another DS4 controller that isn't...
  6. Wired Controller Connection not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Connecting xbox controller wired to pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting xbox controller wired to pc: I have seen another thread with this issue and am having the same thing. I connect with a cable to my pc but it only vibrates for a sec and doesn't turn on. I know the usb cable and port works because I have tested it. I have checked in device manager and went to show hidden...
  8. Xbox one controller not working on pc Wired

Xbox one controller not working on pc Wired: i dont have any bluetooth features in my pc so im forced to use a wired connection but even that doesnt work. my controller is just in a sync state and turns back off while my pc doesnt even recognize it at all, but my controller is powered. dont say any of the obvious fixes...
  9. Wired xbox one controller not working

Wired xbox one controller not working: Ok, so I've been trying to get this controller to work for a while to no success. When I plug in the controller to my pc no matter what micro USB cord i use the light turns on on the controller however nothing responds when I try to use it. I've tried updating the drivers...
  10. Xbox one controller wired on PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox one controller wired on PC: Hi, So i connect my xbox one controller to my pc without a problem, plug and play. I use it on steam to play some games and for some reason whenever i hold the controller to 'flat' position it shuts itself off. When I hold the controller vertically in my hand i can play...