Windows 10: Wired Earphone's Microphone is not working in Windows 10 laptop

Discus and support Wired Earphone's Microphone is not working in Windows 10 laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been noticing from a month now...Mic of earphone is not working my laptop...it does passes back ground sound but doesn't hear what i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MihirDhawan1, Oct 3, 2021.

1. Wired Earphone's Microphone is not working in Windows 10 laptop

I have been noticing from a month now...Mic of earphone is not working my laptop...it does passes back ground sound but doesn't hear what i say....Laptop's built in microphone works properly...i have tried other wired earphones too and the same thing happened....If i'm not wrong then this microphone worked fine for almost a month after that i dont know what happened....All drivers are updated and there are no windows update pending...pls help

:)

MihirDhawan1, Oct 3, 2021
  2. Kk-894 Win User

Microphone not working with earphones on Windows 10 Laptop

Hello, I am trying to use the microphone included in these earphones:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E4LGVUO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The microphone works on my Note 8, friends' iPhones, and my PS4, however not on my Windows 10 Laptop.

The audio output works but the microphone is not recognized in audio input and it is not detected in the Recording tab of the Sound Settings. I have also already changed my privacy settings to allow usage of the mic. However, nothing has worked.

Kk-894, Oct 3, 2021
  3. audio not received by earphones

thank you, here are the answers:

• Have you made any recent changes on the devices?
    No

• Have you tried other earphones on your Windows?
    No, i just bought it yesterday.

• Have you tried the earphones on another PC or laptop?
    no, but it works in my smartphone

• How is the earphones connecting to the machine? Is it via wired connection or through Bluetooth?
    wired.

• When the earphones are connected, are you still getting audio from the speakers?
    yes, nothing goes through the earphones though.

Wired Earphone's Microphone is not working in Windows 10 laptop :(

TanjimaRahman, Oct 3, 2021
  4. Az Har Win User

Wired Earphone's Microphone is not working in Windows 10 laptop

Headphone, earphone and microphone are not in Sound Control Panel.

Windows 10 64 bit

Wired Earphone's Microphone is not working in Windows 10 laptop [​IMG]

Stereo mix and line & mic at front or rear panel don't work too.

I somehow managed to get my headphone to play the same thing as my speaker at the same time but that's as far as i got.

Az Har, Oct 3, 2021
Thema:

Wired Earphone's Microphone is not working in Windows 10 laptop

1. Wired Earphone's Microphone is not working in Windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - Wired Earphone's Microphone

2. Wired earphones not working on Dell laptop Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired earphones not working on Dell laptop Windows 11: I recently purchased wired earphones with a 3.5mm jack and am experiencing issues connecting them to my laptop. The laptop fails to recognize the earphones, and the microphone on the wired earphones is not functioning.In the sound settings on the Control Panel, it indicates...
  3. Wired earphones not working on Dell laptop Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wired earphones not working on Dell laptop Windows 11: I recently purchased wired earphones with a 3.5mm jack and am experiencing issues connecting them to my laptop. The laptop fails to recognize the earphones, and the microphone on the wired earphones is not functioning.In the sound settings on the Control Panel, it indicates...
  4. Wired earphone not working in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired earphone not working in windows 11: I just updated to Windows 11 and my wired earphone are not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wired-earphone-not-working-in-windows-11/fb33ef05-4265-4903-ad05-fc6fd7f6de95
  5. Wired earphone not working in windows 11

Wired earphone not working in windows 11: I just updated to Windows 11 and my wired earphone are not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wired-earphone-not-working-in-windows-11/fb33ef05-4265-4903-ad05-fc6fd7f6de95
  6. USB-C wired earphone is not detected on my Windows 11 Laptop but works with a wired...

USB-C wired earphone is not detected on my Windows 11 Laptop but works with a wired...: 2 days ago i used my usc-c wired earphones to talk and hear audio. Howver today when I want to use it, it's not detected.I already:Restart my laptopChecked Windows update Up to date.Checked audio inputs & outputs in device management, all audio drivers say the best driver is...
  7. Wired earphones not working on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired earphones not working on windows 11: Hey there,Ever since i installed windows 11 i have not been able to use wired earphones on my laptop. is there any way to solve this as i would really like to use wired earphones on my laptop.Additionally, after updated to windows 11, it keeps draining my 8G RAM. I cannot...
  8. Wired earphones not working on windows 11

Wired earphones not working on windows 11: Hey there,Ever since i installed windows 11 i have not been able to use wired earphones on my laptop. is there any way to solve this as i would really like to use wired earphones on my laptop.Additionally, after updated to windows 11, it keeps draining my 8G RAM. I cannot...
  9. Earphones' Microphone is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Earphones' Microphone is not working: Hello, I recently bought Apple earphones and am using them on my laptop hp and windows 10. I can hear well using them however, the microphone doesnt work unless I am pressing the button. For reference, I tried other headphones that I previously had another brand and they...
  10. Microphone not working with earphones on Windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not working with earphones on Windows 10 Laptop: Hello, I am trying to use the microphone included in these earphones: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E4LGVUO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 The microphone works on my Note 8, friends' iPhones, and my PS4, however not on my Windows 10 Laptop. The...