Windows 10: Wired ethernet connection shows as "unidentified network, no internet" but wireless works?

Discus and support Wired ethernet connection shows as "unidentified network, no internet" but wireless works? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I got a new gaming pc since I had it I have been using a wireless connection but now I am trying to connect with the ethernet cable and it shows up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Exiled Mystique, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Wired ethernet connection shows as "unidentified network, no internet" but wireless works?

So I got a new gaming pc since I had it I have been using a wireless connection but now I am trying to connect with the ethernet cable and it shows up as an unidentified network but its the same as the wireless one so not sure why it says that it also never connects its say identifying but never does than it just sits there as unidentified network no internet I have search and found thisWired ethernet connection shows as "unidentified network, no - Microsoft CommunityI followed that and it did nothing to help any ideas on how to fix this issue

:)

Exiled Mystique, Jun 11, 2021

2. Wired ethernet connection shows as "unidentified network, no internet" but wireless works?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I understand that you Wired Ethernet connection shows as "unidentified network, no internet"
    when you try to connect to the internet.

An outdated or incompatible network adapter driver can cause connection problems.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer to the links and follow the steps given. Here is the links for your reference.

Fix network connection issues

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Why can’t I connect to a network?

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Method 2:

If the issue persists, you may try the following steps and check if it helps.

Reset TCP/IP and check if it helps.

a. Press Windows key + X, Select
    Command Prompt (Admin) and then press ENTER.

b. At the command prompt, type the following command and then press ENTER:

netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

Note: If you do not want to specify a directory path for the log file, use the following command:

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

c. Reboot the computer.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 11, 2021
  3. two250 Win User
    Ethernet shows unidentified network, but internet works.

Strange issue that just started today. My Ethernet adapter shows unidentified network and none of my apps have internet access, however my web browsers work just fine. I am even making this post from the adapter that supposedly has no access. I have been searching around for a solution, but no problem seems similar to mine. Check out the screenshot below. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Wired ethernet connection shows as "unidentified network, no internet" but wireless works? [​IMG]

two250, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Rado D Win User

Wired ethernet connection shows as "unidentified network, no internet" but wireless works?

Unidentified wireless network connection on laptop(local only connection)

Hello friends,I have this laptop at home to have a look at,its my friends laptop,that had previously fine working wireless connection on it,but now it shows unidentified network upon connection to my wireless network.its shows local only connection and cant load any pages.it is all over the internet when you google it,but no real working solution.I had this laptop before and the wireless worked just fine.of course my network is fine,cos my own laptop connects perfectly..Ive tried uninstall all network devices,then reinstall,checked all adviced settings regarding IPv6 - 4,but nothing helps,Im in the end with ideas..do you have any?

Rado D, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Wired ethernet connection shows as "unidentified network, no internet" but wireless works?

1. Wired ethernet connection shows as "unidentified network, no internet" but wireless works? - Similar Threads - Wired ethernet connection

2. Ethernet no internet and unidentified network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet no internet and unidentified network: My brother was trying to pull out a plug for a charger, but accidentally pulled out my computers power cord while I was using it. Since then, even after restart, the internet won’t work and when I go on Ethernet settings it says unidentified network and no internet. How could...
  3. Ethernet no internet and unidentified network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet no internet and unidentified network: My brother was trying to pull out a plug for a charger, but accidentally pulled out my computers power cord while I was using it. Since then, even after restart, the internet won’t work and when I go on Ethernet settings it says unidentified network and no internet. How could...
  4. Ethernet showing unidentified network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet showing unidentified network: Ethernet Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration in Windows 10 it shows this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-showing-unidentified-network/ad92be0d-8929-4d81-a4d7-5511b41a1c47
  5. Ethernet showing unidentified network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet showing unidentified network: Ethernet Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration in Windows 10 it shows this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-showing-unidentified-network/ad92be0d-8929-4d81-a4d7-5511b41a1c47
  6. Ethernet showing unidentified network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Ethernet connection suddenly not working, showing as 'Unidentified Network'

Ethernet connection suddenly not working, showing as 'Unidentified Network': After plugging in my ethernet cable today it has completely stopped working, and the connection is showing as 'Unidentified Network', no Internet. I have tested on my laptop and it works perfectly so the cable is not at fault. I tried the command ipconfig /release and then...
  8. No Internet connection on wired Ethernet or wireless

No Internet connection on wired Ethernet or wireless: I have a Windows 10 desktop that will not connect to the Internet either wired Ethernet or wireless. It previously connected fine through a D-Link DWA-140 USB wireless adapter. I swapped the adapter to an identical machine and it worked fine. I plugged in a known working...
  9. Ethernet shows unidentified network, but internet works.

Ethernet shows unidentified network, but internet works.: Strange issue that just started today. My Ethernet adapter shows unidentified network and none of my apps have internet access, however my web browsers work just fine. I am even making this post from the adapter that supposedly has no access. I have been searching around for...
  10. Ethernet connection: 'unidentified network'

Ethernet connection: 'unidentified network': Hi all, I'm yet another victim of the unidentified network Windows bug. I've had my Surface Pro 4 for two weeks now and ethernet has never worked through my docking station. Originally I thought it was a surface thing, but apparently all Windows users are confronted by it...