Windows 10: Wired Ethernet Periodically Loses Connection

Discus and support Wired Ethernet Periodically Loses Connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I've got a really weird issue with my computer. Relevant specs: CPU: R9 3900X Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Max Winver: 19041.572 Every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DanielDC88, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Wired Ethernet Periodically Loses Connection

Hi Guys,

I've got a really weird issue with my computer.

Relevant specs:

CPU: R9 3900X

Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Max

Winver: 19041.572

Every day my computers ethernet connection cuts out. The icon in the bottom right goes from Attachment 304577 to Attachment 304578 for roughly about 10 seconds and then recovers.

I have tried the motherboard's ethernet but I've also got a usb ethernet adapter that had the same problem on this machine. I know that other wired devices on my network maintain a connection when this happens.

Any way to track when this happens or where to look to see what the issue may be would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

:)

DanielDC88, Nov 2, 2020
  2. aardvark Win User

Losing wired connection

Not sure why your ethernet is disconnecting but if you think it may be driver-related, then be advised I have a later driver than you and my ethernet never disconnects:

Wired Ethernet Periodically Loses Connection [​IMG]

FYI, I did not download that driver (from Realtek) so it must have come from Windows Update. Good luck!

aardvark, Nov 2, 2020
  3. zhlondon Win User
    Wired(Ethernet) connection

I just bought a windows 10 pc, I plugged the wired connection at the back, but there is no Ethernet connection only WIFI. i CANNOT even find Ethernet in the Networking and sharing Centre!

zhlondon, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Wired Ethernet Periodically Loses Connection

Ethernet keeps losing connection

Ethernet keeps losing connection for some reason. I thought it was wireless as the picture shows.
    Wired Ethernet Periodically Loses Connection [​IMG]
    it looks like it's wireless can't connect and this is happening with Ethernet is connected. It loses connection once every 2 minutes and that's no joke and lasts for a couple of minutes. Correct me if I am wrong but it should connect to wireless when this happens. As I have the wireless connection set up. But Ethernet won't let it connect I know this as I have been wireless for 2 weeks now. I haven't lost connection once. But I would like to be connected through Ethernet as I lose 60 meg going wireless and I am right next to router. Has anyone got any ideas how to fix this? Thank you in advance.

hollyoaks777, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

Wired Ethernet Periodically Loses Connection

1. Wired Ethernet Periodically Loses Connection - Similar Threads - Wired Ethernet Periodically

2. Wired Ethernet Printer not connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Ethernet Printer not connecting to PC: Hi my PC is currently running Windows 10 and my HP Officejet 5740 is connected to the router via LAN. I accidentally deleted the printer from my PC and now I can't seem to reconnect it. I'd tried to manually create a TCP/IP port, I've disabled my firewall completely, I've...
  3. Wired Ethernet Connection keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wired Ethernet Connection keeps dropping: I have been experiencing some network adapter issues for a week or so now. My system is an ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 GA402RJ, and my network adapter is a Realtek USB GbE Family Connector according to Device Manager. This laptop does not have an Ethernet port so I am using an...
  4. Ethernet randomly loses connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet randomly loses connection.: On my Windows PC the ethernet adapter randomly loses connection seemingly at random. It will happen every few days, sometimes more frequently daily. I'll notice because I'll lose all internet access then when looking at the network connections I can see the red X over my...
  5. Ethernet randomly loses connection.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet randomly loses connection.: On my Windows PC the ethernet adapter randomly loses connection seemingly at random. It will happen every few days, sometimes more frequently daily. I'll notice because I'll lose all internet access then when looking at the network connections I can see the red X over my...
  6. Ethernet randomly loses connection.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Computer loses wired Internet connection

Computer loses wired Internet connection: I've been having an annoying issue for quite a bit of time with my Windows 10 computer losing its wired Internet connection. It happens at "random" times, usually several weeks apart, though at some point it happened several times a day for a few days. The devices that are...
  8. Wired Ethernet connection keeps dropping

Wired Ethernet connection keeps dropping: Suddenly for NO REASON Windows 10 drops the ethernet to "unidentified network" "No internet". The network utility comes back and gives a DNS error. I can ping out by IP address, I can ping the router- I CAN'T send a browser to the router's internal address for management-...
  9. Losing wired connection

Losing wired connection: This has happened multiple times on my desktop which was upgraded to Win 10 so it is a real problem. The desktop is on a wired connection. At some point I will see that I have lost the internet connection. When this happens it doesn't automatically connect to wireless, it...
  10. Ethernet keeps losing connection

Ethernet keeps losing connection: Ethernet keeps losing connection for some reason. I thought it was wireless as the picture shows. [img] it looks like it's wireless can't connect and this is happening with Ethernet is connected. It loses connection once every 2 minutes and that's no joke and lasts for a...