Windows 10: Wired Ethernet randomly disconnects occasionally

Discus and support Wired Ethernet randomly disconnects occasionally in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having trouble with my Ethernet connection to my computer. Recently, after installing updates for Windows 10 my computer has randomly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JJF_828, Jul 20, 2018.

1. JJF_828 Win User

Wired Ethernet randomly disconnects occasionally

Hello, I've been having trouble with my Ethernet connection to my computer.
    Recently, after installing updates for Windows 10 my computer has randomly disconnected my Ethernet connection to it.
    I've made sure the modem works fine, and I've also done various steps to try to fix it.
    Resetting my IP, turning off the power savers for my network drivers, turning off all of my firewalls, etc.
    I don't have the slightest clue on what might be causing it, and I can't uninstall the security update as my computer states it is a "required" update.
    In my old computer, I had the same problem, but I was able to uninstall the security update, thus fixing my problem.
    Since I can't on my new computer, are there any suggestions I can take?

If you need any information, let me know.
    My network driver is a Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller, updated to the latest driver. (6/15/2018 from website details)

:)

JJF_828, Jul 20, 2018
  2. JJF_828 Win User

Hello, I've been having trouble with my Ethernet connection to my computer.

Recently, after installing updates for Windows 10 my computer has randomly disconnected my Ethernet connection to it.

I've made sure the modem works fine, and I've also done various steps to try to fix it.

Resetting my IP, turning off the power savers for my network drivers, turning off all of my firewalls, etc.

I don't have the slightest clue on what might be causing it, and I can't uninstall the security update as my computer states it is a "required" update.

In my old computer, I had the same problem, but I was able to uninstall the security update, thus fixing my problem.

Since I can't on my new computer, are there any suggestions I can take?

If you need any information, let me know.

My network driver is a Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller, updated to the latest driver. (6/15/2018 from website details)

JJF_828, Oct 16, 2018
  3. Ethernet Connection Disconnects Randomly

I'm using a wired connection to my laptop and it disconnects randomly from about every 30 minutes to every 2 hours. I've already tested with different ethernet cables so that isn't the problem.

My computer is on Windows 10 and using the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller.

I've already tried updating the driver to the newest one on the Realtek website, and reverting to old ones. I have also tried disabling Green Ethernet, Energy Efficient Ethernet, changing the setting of Auto-disable Gigabit, and unchecking "turn off this
    device to save power"

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

fluffycrater, Oct 16, 2018
  4. JJF_828 Win User

I've updated the driver and uninstalled the LAN manager, as you said.

The random disconnect is still there, but it only happened once instead of multiple times over the past hour.

I wonder if there's anything else I need to modify/uninstall?

I'll provide a new set of files if you want to see them again.

They will have a "cont" at the end for clarification.

JJF_828, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Wired Ethernet randomly disconnects occasionally - Similar Threads - Wired Ethernet randomly

2. Random Disconnection Ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Disconnection Ethernet: Hello, I randomly get disconnected from the internet. I couldn't pinpoint the cause. Event viewer logs two of the same errors:The name "PCNAME :20" could not be registered on the interface with IP address 192.168.1.33. The computer with the IP address 169.254.38.155...
  3. Random Disconnection Ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Disconnection Ethernet: Hello, I randomly get disconnected from the internet. I couldn't pinpoint the cause. Event viewer logs two of the same errors:The name "PCNAME :20" could not be registered on the interface with IP address 192.168.1.33. The computer with the IP address 169.254.38.155...
  4. USB wired keyboard keeps on disconnecting randomly

USB wired keyboard keeps on disconnecting randomly: The USB device icon appears on the status bar, and the keyboard disconnects and reconnects, while the devices stays connected meanwhile num lock light on, first I thought it to be a device hardware issue, bought a new keyboard, changed the USB port, front, back both...
  5. USB wired keyboard keeps on disconnecting randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB wired keyboard keeps on disconnecting randomly: The USB device icon appears on the status bar, and the keyboard disconnects and reconnects, while the devices stays connected meanwhile num lock light on, first I thought it to be a device hardware issue, bought a new keyboard, changed the USB port, front, back both...
  6. Ethernet keeps disconnecting randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet keeps disconnecting randomly.: Hi,I have had a problem for the past 4 days, i have a tplink wifi extension for my pc, after i switched to win11. The problem occurs randomly, it can be after 7hours or after 30minutes. When i try to run a diagnose, it saya "doesnt have ip configuration " or "correctly...
  7. Ethernet keeps disconnecting randomly.

Ethernet keeps disconnecting randomly.: Hi,I have had a problem for the past 4 days, i have a tplink wifi extension for my pc, after i switched to win11. The problem occurs randomly, it can be after 7hours or after 30minutes. When i try to run a diagnose, it saya "doesnt have ip configuration " or "correctly...
  8. Random Ethernet Disconnects

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Random Ethernet Disconnects: I have been having an issue with reoccurring disconnects even though I am on an ethernet connection. The wifi remains on but my computer disconnects for a minute. I have already updated and reinstalled the network driver, restarted internet, and changed ethernet cables. Is...
  9. Random Ethernet and WiFi disconnect

Random Ethernet and WiFi disconnect: So I've been dealing with an issue where my ethernet randomly disconnects along with my wifi. Its been an ongoing problem for a while. I've looked and researched every post and forum I could find on this and I couldn't find a single solution. I've tried just about everything...
  10. PC disconnects from wired ethernet every night

PC disconnects from wired ethernet every night: Every morning when I get to work the PC is awake, but all of my programs either report that they have been disconnected or start reconnecting to the network when I unlock the computer. Is there some power option that's causing the network adapter to turn off overnight? 76369