Windows 10: wired headphones quality setting resets to worst quality every time i use the headphone jack

Discus and support wired headphones quality setting resets to worst quality every time i use the headphone jack in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; every time i plug in my wired headphones in the laptop the audio quality is just ****. i have to manually change it to one of the last options form the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by David Viziteu, Feb 12, 2020.

1. wired headphones quality setting resets to worst quality every time i use the headphone jack

every time i plug in my wired headphones in the laptop the audio quality is just ****. i have to manually change it to one of the last options form the screenshot for it to sound decent. does anybody know a fix?

note: the selected quality does not change in the settings, it just sounds like I've selected "CD quality". i have this problem since the windows 10 update i believe. Not quite sure.

how do i "fix" my issue:
    step 1 plug in headphones. sound is ****

step 2 open settings -> sound -> speaker proprieties -> advanced ->select one of the 2 last options*, sound quality is good again.

if i unplug & plug in my headphones or restart the laptop, i am at the step 1 again

*if the last option is already selected, i click on the one before that. if the option before the last one is selected, i select the last one.

laptop: asus rog g551jw, latest drivers and windows build.

what i have tried so far without success:
    reinstalling audio drivers
    setting the sound quality to every one of this levels

wired headphones quality setting resets to worst quality every time i use the headphone jack 0bf8bf80-bd41-4391-9faa-ee0ab22ec964?upload=true.png

:)

David Viziteu, Feb 12, 2020

2. Good quality headphones??

I own the Sennheisser HD485 and they offer some other high quality wired headphones.

IF you like in-ear type headphones. SURE has probably the best ones.

If you prefer Bose sound then check out their line of headphones.

AudioTechnica has some pretty good big cans. Just don't go for the cheap models, you need to spend some dough to get to the good stuff.

Usually I seem to find better quality headphones at a musicians' store rather than an electronics store. Go to a place that sells stuff for concerts or recording studios and you'll find better equipment there.

In general expect to spend > 100 EURO for something that has good quality.

Check out this older thread for more info.

Message Edited by el_loco on 30-Jul-2009 09:00 PM

el_loco---01, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Cerawy Win User
    Sound quality

I just installed the realtek drivers from asus website. I can change the sound quality settings with my wired headphones. But the option to change the sound quality with my bluetooth headphones is still greyed out.

Cerawy, Feb 12, 2020
  4. wired headphones quality setting resets to worst quality every time i use the headphone jack

Bad headphone quality (WH-207)

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply. This is what I've done so far:

• Used the same headphone (WH-207) on another phone (Nokia 701 / Symbian OS). Works good, no issues. Quality is good.
    • Used another headphone (from Blackberry) on my Windows Phone 620. Works good, no issues. Quality is good.
    • Changed the equalizer settings. Makes no difference when using WH-207. Speech seems to be far away resp. is hardly hearable. Music is quite good. Pressing one of the headphone's buttons resolves this issue completely, i.e. then the overal quality is good.
    • Deleted the IE history. Issue persists.
    • Made a soft reset. Issue persists.

Conclusion: Looks as if the WH-207 is somehow affected on the Lumia phone only and the two buttons play a certain role concerning this issue as keeping one of the buttons pressed resolves the issue.

Here are the other parameters:

• Make and model of your phone: Nokia Lumia 620
    • Current OS version: 8.10.14192.280
    • Current firmware revision: 3058.50000.1425.00006
    • Country you are located in: Switzerland
    • Regional setting of your phone: Switzerland (German)
    • Language setting of your phone: German
    • Speech setting of your phone: German
    • Make and model of the headphones you are using: Nokia Stereo Headset WH-207
    • Type of music this happens with, MP3 from your personal collection, DRM protected content from a Music Pass or both: I just have MP3 files. They're affected. Also watching video clips from Youtube causes the same issue.
    • When did you first notice this, since the first time you tried these headphones, after installing the developer preview, after updating the phone with the recent critical update, other? I cannot say this exactly, as this is the first time that I'm using
      these headphones. Before, I was listening to music by using the speakers of the phone.
    Hope this helps to find the issue!

Best regards,

Patrick

patrickfrei, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

wired headphones quality setting resets to worst quality every time i use the headphone jack

1. wired headphones quality setting resets to worst quality every time i use the headphone jack - Similar Threads - wired headphones quality

2. Headphone jack sound quality and delay issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone jack sound quality and delay issues.: I have a Dell Inspiron 13 9310 w/Win 11. I use a screen reader. The sound is good when I do not use headphones, but when I plug in headphones the sound quality is terrible. The sound becomes airy like when you speak in a tunnel and there is a delay that usually causes the...
  3. Headphone jack sound quality and delay issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone jack sound quality and delay issues.: I have a Dell Inspiron 13 9310 w/Win 11. I use a screen reader. The sound is good when I do not use headphones, but when I plug in headphones the sound quality is terrible. The sound becomes airy like when you speak in a tunnel and there is a delay that usually causes the...
  4. Bad quality/no more bass Audio when using wired headphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad quality/no more bass Audio when using wired headphone: When I use my headphones, the sound has no bass at all. I tried boosting the bass with the HP Audio Cotroll and it did nothing. I tried the hedphones on other devices and it works fine, just on this computer. I tried using bluetooth speakers and headphones and they worked...
  5. Bad quality/no more bass Audio when using wired headphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bad quality/no more bass Audio when using wired headphone: When I use my headphones, the sound has no bass at all. I tried boosting the bass with the HP Audio Cotroll and it did nothing. I tried the hedphones on other devices and it works fine, just on this computer. I tried using bluetooth speakers and headphones and they worked...
  6. Problems with quality of headphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with quality of headphone: I got this message while trying to turn on microphone from the headphones sorry, it's in italian. Any other headphones work fine with my computer and the headphones don't have any problem if connected to other devices. The problem is just between my computer and my...
  7. Problems with quality of headphone

Problems with quality of headphone: I got this message while trying to turn on microphone from the headphones sorry, it's in italian. Any other headphones work fine with my computer and the headphones don't have any problem if connected to other devices. The problem is just between my computer and my...
  8. Wired Headphone Quality is Bad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Headphone Quality is Bad: My audio is bad when I plug in my headphones on windows 11 but when I uninstall the Realtek Audio it gets better after I restart my computer. It automatically reinstalls the Realtek Audio though. I want it to be able to where I can I have Realtek Audio and still have good...
  9. Wired Headphone Quality is Bad

Wired Headphone Quality is Bad: My audio is bad when I plug in my headphones on windows 11 but when I uninstall the Realtek Audio it gets better after I restart my computer. It automatically reinstalls the Realtek Audio though. I want it to be able to where I can I have Realtek Audio and still have good...
  10. Sound quality of headphones

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound quality of headphones: After a long while I'm finally fed up with whatever is happening and I want to get to the bottom of it. For the longest time, the headphone sound quality of my headphones have been fairly subpar. When I first got my computer, my headphones had binaural audio and generally...