Windows 10: Wired headphones with boom mic.

Discus and support Wired headphones with boom mic. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; We are using for conference calls through Zoom, yes aware of Zoom problems. I purchased a set of SteelSeries ARCTIS 1. They have a 3.5 mm jack. My HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JackGardner0528, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Wired headphones with boom mic.

We are using for conference calls through Zoom, yes aware of Zoom problems. I purchased a set of SteelSeries ARCTIS 1. They have a 3.5 mm jack. My HP Spectre laptop has only one jack. We get sound but mic does not work .Can you help?

We have available HDMI port.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks Jack

:)

JackGardner0528, Apr 8, 2020
  2. Aman Win User

Headphone mic not working with laptop 3.5mm port

I have sennheiser hd4.40 wireless headphone. I also got a cable with headphone having 2.5mm pin(attached to headphone) to 3.5mm pin(attached to mobile phone).

Problem is that when i connect 3.5mm pin to my mobile phone headphone jack, in call i am able to use mic and headphone both at same time but:

1. When i connect the 3.5mm pin to 3.5mm jack for mic on my laptop, i am not able to use the mic.(my laptop has separate 3.5mm mic and 3.5mm headphone jack)
    2. When i connect to 3.5mm jack for headphone, only headphone is working with laptop not mic.

Please do not suggest why I am not using Bluetooth because it is a separate problem.

I am missing something or maybe this may be limitation or something else. Help me on this. :-(

Aman, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Combo headphone jack does not detect mic

So, I have a laptop with a single headphone jack, and it has the little symbol with both an headphone and a mic.
    I have bought a V-moda boom pro mic. The microphone is integrated in the cable, and the tip that goes in the jack has four "parts", as it should be. The headphones work just fine, the moment I plugged it in the sound came to my headphones, but the computer just keeps using the integrated mic instead of the one on the cable. I have checked the sound settings, nothing changes, neither in the Realtek manager.

The microphone came with a splitter, and i even tried plugging in only the mic part, but still nothing.

unfornatly, i don't have any other exterernal mic to test the jack with, and as far as I know, everything is updated

Pedro12071999, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Allan Mej Win User

Wired headphones with boom mic.

How to use Logitech H51 headphone as the default mic?

Hi Michael,

Your laptop's default mic is the currently enabled device, preventing you from using your headphone's mic. To use your headphone's mic, you need to enable it. To do so, kindly follow these steps:

• On the Sound properties (the current open windows of the screenshot that you gave), go to Recordings.
    • Right-click your headphone's mic.
    • Click Enable.

If you couldn't find your headphone's mic on the list, it must be hidden. To unhide it, right-click on your currently enabled mic and click
    Show Disabled Devices.

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Allan Mej, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Wired headphones with boom mic.

1. Wired headphones with boom mic. - Similar Threads - Wired headphones boom

2. Wired Mic Not Detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Mic Not Detected: I have a 3.5mm wired microphone I plugged to my pc , it shows as headphones , not show as input device how I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wired-mic-not-detected/b420724c-189d-46e7-80ae-067902e2374c
  3. Wired Mic Not Detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wired Mic Not Detected: I have a 3.5mm wired microphone I plugged to my pc , it shows as headphones , not show as input device how I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wired-mic-not-detected/b420724c-189d-46e7-80ae-067902e2374c
  4. headphone mic

headphone mic: hello guys,I'm having a problem with my headphone microphone. i have window 11pro. The blue line on microphone does not move, i have update the audio driver, made headset and mic default device and even got a new headset. once i get on game to test my microphone with sound...
  5. Headphone with mic

Headphone with mic: I am trying to re-use an old headset phone called "Gembird"onto windows 11.But failing.Can you please help.Unsure of Topic so took a guess. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-with-mic/ed3820b0-432b-4aef-be09-78edad48ab41
  6. Headphones/mics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones/mics: My mic system for my laptop is just not working and I don't know why. my mics used to work for my laptop but one day they stopped and i don't know why. I know its not the headphones because they work fine on my ps4 and Xbox. I also tried another pair but they didn't work...
  7. mic and headphones

mic and headphones: i dont know why but my headphone and mic jack doesnt work when i plug it in it only has a option of line in , mic in , headphones in and i can only choose one even tho from the pc it shows me both mic and headphones can go in and i use a 3.5 mm jack and it should work with...
  8. mic and headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mic and headphones: i dont know why but my headphone and mic jack doesnt work when i plug it in it only has a option of line in , mic in , headphones in and i can only choose one even tho from the pc it shows me both mic and headphones can go in and i use a 3.5 mm jack and it should work with...
  9. No audio in wired headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No audio in wired headphones: My computer doesn't detect my wired headphones. I've tried different headphones and none of them have worked. Its also not a hardware issue since ubuntu seems to pick them up no problem. Is there any way to fix this? My computer is a Acer Aspire f5-522. submitted by...
  10. Headphone Mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone Mic: I have a Dell Vostro 14-3468 model with Windows 10 Education version installed. it has single jack for audio input and output. the audio output is working fine but the audio input is not working. I have tried many ways to fix it including uninstalling the audio drivers then...