Windows 10: Wired internet and sound stopped working after the update on 5/15/2019.

Discus and support Wired internet and sound stopped working after the update on 5/15/2019. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; There were two updates on 5/15/2019. Right after the updates and resets, wired internet (ethernet) and sound were not working. Wireless internet was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Austin Chicago, May 15, 2019.

1. Wired internet and sound stopped working after the update on 5/15/2019.

There were two updates on 5/15/2019. Right after the updates and resets, wired internet (ethernet) and sound were not working. Wireless internet was working though. Tried everything suggested on this site like checking the default sound device, updating drivers, and so on. Nothing worked. Anybody else has the same problems? Any anyone fixed the problem?

:)

Austin Chicago, May 15, 2019

2. Wired Internet Recognition Issues

I have a Microsoft Email Account on my PC and on the lock-screen the internet icon displays a connected wired connection. But when I log into my email account, the internet icon displays that the PC detects the wire, but it can't identify the network.
    This started happening at the beginning of 2019 (before the January 2019 update). It fixes itself after 5-6 logins and logouts. Is there any fix or reason for the problem?

CrazyFeverDream, May 15, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, May 15, 2019
  4. Wired internet and sound stopped working after the update on 5/15/2019.

Internet Explorer has stopped working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing Internet Explorer on your device as it crashes.

Do let us know:

• If you have made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in causing this issue?
    • If you were able to see any error code/ error message when Internet Explorer crashes?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to perform some of the troubleshooting steps from the link below link, Turn off add-ons, Reset Internet Explorer Settings, Open the page in Compatibility View etc. and check if it helps:

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings
    feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you
    use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons..

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Wired internet and sound stopped working after the update on 5/15/2019.

1. Wired internet and sound stopped working after the update on 5/15/2019. - Similar Threads - Wired internet sound

2. Internet stopped working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet stopped working after update: Hi thereI own a HP Envy x360 running the following:Windows 11 Home22H2OS build 22621.3296This morning I was using my laptop and browsing the internet perfectly fine. I received a notification to install some updates by restating my laptop. After restarting it, my internet...
  3. Internet stopped working after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet stopped working after update: Hi thereI own a HP Envy x360 running the following:Windows 11 Home22H2OS build 22621.3296This morning I was using my laptop and browsing the internet perfectly fine. I received a notification to install some updates by restating my laptop. After restarting it, my internet...
  4. Sound stops working after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound stops working after Windows Update: I find my sound stops working a Windows Update.Troubleshooter is no use because it just tells me that sound is not installed.I am using a HP Envy laptop running Windows 11. I asked on a HP forum but no simple fix suggested. I just make sure I have a recent System Restore...
  5. Sound stops working after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound stops working after Windows Update: I find my sound stops working a Windows Update.Troubleshooter is no use because it just tells me that sound is not installed.I am using a HP Envy laptop running Windows 11. I asked on a HP forum but no simple fix suggested. I just make sure I have a recent System Restore...
  6. Internet connection and sound stopped working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet connection and sound stopped working.: I was trying to fix an unexpected store exception BSOD, found out that reinstalling monitor driver would help. So I unninstalled it, everything was all right until I restarted the pc, Internet cable is connected but its like connected without Internet. And there is a red x on...
  7. Not Connecting to Wired Internet Connection after Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not Connecting to Wired Internet Connection after Update: I am somehow connecting to the wrong wired network when I connect to the surface doc. All network connections are wired properly to the correct ports, router, etc. It seem that I am connecting to a preferred wireless network, but the icon is showing a wired icon. I am not...
  8. windows is gone after update on 5/15/2019

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows is gone after update on 5/15/2019: my windows 10 os will not work after a recent microsoft update on May 15. It shows windows installed 0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-is-gone-after-update-on-5152019/249b8b56-a5ae-4ada-9452-5110421066e1
  9. WINDOWS 10 CUMULATIVE UPDATE 15 - 5 - 2019

WINDOWS 10 CUMULATIVE UPDATE 15 - 5 - 2019: Windows 10 cumulative update was automatically installed on 15-5-19 On restart all my files / photographs / on screen links had been wiped The only option was to UNINSTALL via settings - update security - uninstall At a time of malicious hacking etc unless you are 'up...
  10. Internet not working after 15 March MS updates

Internet not working after 15 March MS updates: The Windows updates of 15 March 2018 have stopped my internet working. These are: kb4011695, kb4018291, kb4011234, kb4088785, kb4088776, kb408876, kb4088776 (9) The computer can see my wifi router, but reports a yellow triange warning and 'no internet access'. Three...