Windows 10: Wired internet connection works on my laptop but wifi doesn't.

Discus and support Wired internet connection works on my laptop but wifi doesn't. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have tried to reboot the router as well as the laptop. When I signed into the router page to check, only this laptop's status shows as "blocked".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cheenu41, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Cheenu41 Win User

Wired internet connection works on my laptop but wifi doesn't.

I have tried to reboot the router as well as the laptop. When I signed into the router page to check, only this laptop's status shows as "blocked". Any help will be appreciated.

:)

Cheenu41, Oct 5, 2018
  2. Paul0o0o0 Win User

Ethernet disrupts Internet connection for both wired and WiFi

Wired internet connection works on my laptop but wifi doesn't. [​IMG]

Wired internet connection works on my laptop but wifi doesn't. [​IMG]

Paul0o0o0, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Bagoguts Win User
    Lumia 620 doesn`t connect to computer via usb cable

Hi yall and thanks for the replies!

Unfortunately, the were of no help.

The phone isn`t listed in device manager, the list of devices doesn`t change if I have my phone connected to my computer(s). There are no mystery devices, no yellow triangle -markings or anything even remotely pointing to the direction the phone being connected.

It could be that my phone has a broken usb port, but it makes me wonder that it still charges the battery when connected to a computer.

This is not a big problem for me, that I must admit, but still, it kinda bugs me that the phone doesn`t work the way it`s supposed to work,

Anyways, if somebody comes up with something that might help, I am most grateful.

Have a great weekend yall!

-

edit: Also, I have my laptop almost always connected to charger. Tried without charger just for the heck of it, didn`t help.

Bagoguts, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Arctucas Win User

Wireless to Wired?

I just bought a laptop, and I want to be able to use wireless (WiFi?) to the Internet.

I have a wired router; 4-port with three PCs connected, wired modem; connected to broadband (cable).

How might I connect the laptop to the cable modem for Internet access?

Arctucas, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Wired internet connection works on my laptop but wifi doesn't. - Similar Threads - Wired internet connection

2. File Sharing Worked on Wifi, Not on Wired Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Sharing Worked on Wifi, Not on Wired Connection: I have five computers on the same network, four connected by wifi and one wired. One of the wifi computers is for shared file storage only, running Windows 11. I relocated it and plugged it directly into the ISP provided router and turned off wifi, changed no other settings...
  3. File Sharing Worked on Wifi, Not on Wired Connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Sharing Worked on Wifi, Not on Wired Connection: I have five computers on the same network, four connected by wifi and one wired. One of the wifi computers is for shared file storage only, running Windows 11. I relocated it and plugged it directly into the ISP provided router and turned off wifi, changed no other settings...
  4. Computer connected to WiFi and Internet but Internet doesn't work

Computer connected to WiFi and Internet but Internet doesn't work: For the last week or so, I've been having issues with my Windows computer's internet connectivity. In network and internet settings, I am apparently "connected to the internet," but no app, including internet browsers and Microsoft apps can actually connect to the...
  5. Computer connected to WiFi and Internet but Internet doesn't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer connected to WiFi and Internet but Internet doesn't work: For the last week or so, I've been having issues with my Windows computer's internet connectivity. In network and internet settings, I am apparently "connected to the internet," but no app, including internet browsers and Microsoft apps can actually connect to the...
  6. Computer connected to WiFi and Internet but Internet doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Wifi doesn't work on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi doesn't work on my laptop: It is the same as the name says, I tried to use the answer in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-wifi-option-under-network-internet/0c8d6cd3-cb24-4ba3-8572-28c945d36c29 but it did not help any suggestions ?...
  8. Laptop WiFi connected, no Internet

Laptop WiFi connected, no Internet: I recently bought a new laptop. It has worked perfectly well, until today, when the Internet stopped working. My desktop is connected and working via Ethernet, and my phone is connected and working on the same Wi-Fi network, so I'm pretty sure Windows or the laptop is having...
  9. Laptop WiFi connected, no Internet

Laptop WiFi connected, no Internet: I recently bought a new laptop. It has worked perfectly well, until today, when the Internet stopped working. My desktop is connected and working via Ethernet, and my phone is connected and working on the same Wi-Fi network, so I'm pretty sure Windows or the laptop is having...
  10. Ethernet disrupts Internet connection for both wired and WiFi

Ethernet disrupts Internet connection for both wired and WiFi: I've been having increasingly worse internet connectivity issues for a while now. I bought a new computer and it was fixed for about 2 years, but then it started again, exactly as before. Recently it became so bad (and no advice from the internet would work) that I bought a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi name doesnt show but works when wired