Windows 10: Wired Internet/Ethernet Inoperable, Possibly related to Windows Update

Discus and support Wired Internet/Ethernet Inoperable, Possibly related to Windows Update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello!Running Windows 10 Home. I have no internet via the ethernet port/cable. Network Diagnostics show no cable is plugged in - obviously not the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LocalHeroes, Apr 4, 2023.

1. Wired Internet/Ethernet Inoperable, Possibly related to Windows Update

Hello!Running Windows 10 Home. I have no internet via the ethernet port/cable. Network Diagnostics show no cable is plugged in - obviously not the case. I have WIFI access so everything is working as it should on the modem/router side. I ran a cable straight from the cable modem to the ethernet port and the error changes to "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration" My Bluetooth is also disabled, apparently.I've tried to:-Update the driver-Uninstall the device and reinstall in the device manager-I've run MOST ALL the standard internet fixes e.g. Command prompt to do the "netsh" and IP re

:)

LocalHeroes, Apr 4, 2023
  2. cj5466 Win User

With new Windows/10 update my PC will not connect to internet using ethernet wire.

With new Windows/10 update my PC will not connect to internet using ethernet wire.

Is there a simple Microsoft fix I can use on my PC so I can return to using the internet via my ethernet wire?

Thanks for any help.

cj5466, Apr 4, 2023
  3. Dbo3256 Win User
    How to connect to internet using ethernet (hard wired)

This has yet to happen. Are there any steps I can take to configure ethernet to work hard wired?

Dbo3256, Apr 4, 2023
  4. Wired Internet/Ethernet Inoperable, Possibly related to Windows Update

Windows 10 and internet connection

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Since you are able to connect to the internet wirelessly it is just the wires connection which has issues.

It could be either wire which has problems or Ethernet port.

Before you change either of these I suggest you to try the following steps:

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

a. In search Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the search box and hit Enter.

c. Select “View all” option from the left panel.

d. Select “Internet Connections” from the list and follow On-screen instructions.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Apr 4, 2023
Thema:

Wired Internet/Ethernet Inoperable, Possibly related to Windows Update

1. Wired Internet/Ethernet Inoperable, Possibly related to Windows Update - Similar Threads - Wired Internet Ethernet

2. Wired Internet/Ethernet Inoperable, Possibly related to Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Internet/Ethernet Inoperable, Possibly related to Windows Update: Hello!Running Windows 10 Home. I have no internet via the ethernet port/cable. Network Diagnostics show no cable is plugged in - obviously not the case. I have WIFI access so everything is working as it should on the modem/router side. I ran a cable straight from the cable...
  3. Wired Internet/Ethernet Inoperable, Possibly related to Windows Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wired Internet/Ethernet Inoperable, Possibly related to Windows Update: Hello!Running Windows 10 Home. I have no internet via the ethernet port/cable. Network Diagnostics show no cable is plugged in - obviously not the case. I have WIFI access so everything is working as it should on the modem/router side. I ran a cable straight from the cable...
  4. Windows 11 renders internet inoperable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 renders internet inoperable.: Windows 11 was already not functioning. Now it is impossible. As per a thread, I tried to download KB5007262, but the computer blocked it as risky, even though it is from https://catalog.update.microsoft.com. As soon as I open any app, Task Manager shows "total utilization...
  5. Windows 11 renders internet inoperable.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 renders internet inoperable.: Windows 11 was already not functioning. Now it is impossible. As per a thread, I tried to download KB5007262, but the computer blocked it as risky, even though it is from https://catalog.update.microsoft.com. As soon as I open any app, Task Manager shows "total utilization...
  6. How to connect to internet using ethernet hard wired

How to connect to internet using ethernet hard wired: I just purchased a new computer and I need to connect it directly to my modem and not Wi-Fi. Which steps should I take to configure my network?...
  7. No Internet connection on wired Ethernet or wireless

No Internet connection on wired Ethernet or wireless: I have a Windows 10 desktop that will not connect to the Internet either wired Ethernet or wireless. It previously connected fine through a D-Link DWA-140 USB wireless adapter. I swapped the adapter to an identical machine and it worked fine. I plugged in a known working...
  8. Ethernet disrupts Internet connection for both wired and WiFi

Ethernet disrupts Internet connection for both wired and WiFi: I've been having increasingly worse internet connectivity issues for a while now. I bought a new computer and it was fixed for about 2 years, but then it started again, exactly as before. Recently it became so bad (and no advice from the internet would work) that I bought a...
  9. Occasional BSOD - Possibly internet related?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Occasional BSOD - Possibly internet related?: I have had my computer BSOD 5-6 times in roughly the past 2 weeks. The error on the BSOD is always CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, and it typically happens when I am surfing the web. Once, it happened while watching a video file on my drive. Before the BSOD shows up, the computer...
  10. Partial loss of internet connectivity through wired Ethernet...

Partial loss of internet connectivity through wired Ethernet...: For reasons unknown, I have suddenly lost internet connectivity for most applications in Windows 10. Firefox gives me the "Server not found" message and Edge gives me "Hmm, we can't reach this page" for every website. If I run Windows Update, it states, "We couldn't...