Windows 10: Wired Internet rapidly disconnecting and reconnecting after purging a Chrome virus.

Discus and support Wired Internet rapidly disconnecting and reconnecting after purging a Chrome virus. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Basically exactly what the title says. Got some virus through chrome that affected the browser and said it was under administrative control. I seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HarryKBrown, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Wired Internet rapidly disconnecting and reconnecting after purging a Chrome virus.

Basically exactly what the title says. Got some virus through chrome that affected the browser and said it was under administrative control. I seem to have eliminated the virus through Malwarebytes and a couple of tools and a fresh install but the side affect I have gotten is that now every few hours my internet just disconnects and reconnects usually 2-5 seconds apart anywhere between 3-10 times before it stops and goes back to normal. I currently have the event viewer pulled up but I don't speak computer error so it's no use to a simpleton like me. The events under System in Windows logs say DNS Client Event, Diagnostics-Networking and DistributedCOM in that order. Thanks in advance for any replies I might receive.

:)

HarryKBrown, Nov 19, 2020

2. Router disconnects from internet and reconnects

My router has been acting up lately. Its been disconnecting from the internet and eventually reconnects overtime. But the disconnect happens so frequently, its annoying and I've reverted to asking for help.

RyserPhoenix, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Multiple WIFI USB Adapters Rapidly Disconnect and reconnect

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices and Internet Connection
      troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Wi-Fi adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Wireless adapter” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 19, 2020
  4. stefos Win User

Wired Internet rapidly disconnecting and reconnecting after purging a Chrome virus.

Fewest clicks to disconnect/reconnect to the Internet

Hi,I occasionally need to disconnect from the Internet and would be grateful if someone would let me know the quickest way to disconnect and reconnect preferably via a desktop iconThanks

stefos, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

Wired Internet rapidly disconnecting and reconnecting after purging a Chrome virus.

1. Wired Internet rapidly disconnecting and reconnecting after purging a Chrome virus. - Similar Threads - Wired Internet rapidly

2. Internet disconnects but then reconnects when im in a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet disconnects but then reconnects when im in a game.: My Wifi fine everytime I watch Youtube or google something right. But right when I try to play like Valorant my Wifi disconnects me but than it reconnects me again. The same thing happens when I play Roblox I don't know if it's a normal ping spike or what.My Drivers are...
  3. Internet keeps disconnecting and reconnection on laptop only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet keeps disconnecting and reconnection on laptop only: The issue I am having is my parents have recently got a new internet provider for the whole house, granted the modem is in the bedroom so I have no control over that. However my wifi on my laptop keeps disconnecting and reconnecting at random and will last a variable amount...
  4. Internet disconnects and won't reconnect until restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet disconnects and won't reconnect until restart: My computer is having internet issues, when I try to stream, only when I try to stream, it disconnects from the internet and won't reconnect until I restart.I can navigate in the internet without issue, download, play games, watch movies, etc. no problem at all, I try to...
  5. Internet disconnects and won't reconnect until restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet disconnects and won't reconnect until restart: My computer is having internet issues, it disconnects from the internet and won't reconnect until I restart.But the internet itself is not offline, I can still access it through my tabletI tried everything I could find online in the pats few weeks to try to solve the issue,...
  6. Wired Mouse and Keyboard disconnecting and reconnecting.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wired Mouse and Keyboard disconnecting and reconnecting.: I have a HyperX PulseFire Haste mouse and Redragon Kumara K552 keyboard that are both wired. They will occasionally disconnect for a second and then reconnect and the lights will go off as if they had been unplugged. In addition to that, the mouse will disconnect and...
  7. How to purge a Keyboard Virus

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to purge a Keyboard Virus: Hello all, My keyboard has been acting up for some time now 99% sure because of a virus at this point since my keyboard was recently replaced. I've taken a number of security steps to purge it, but all have failed. It's buried deep. While typing in both Microsoft Word and...
  8. Internet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting after installing the 20H2 update

Internet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting after installing the 20H2 update: I tried turning off that power option in the drivers settings that shuts it down to conserve power and the power still occurs. I tried checking if the driver's up to date with Windows itself and it says I'm up to date. This has been happening to me ever since I restarted my...
  9. Internet disconnecting and reconnecting randomly on laptop.

Internet disconnecting and reconnecting randomly on laptop.: So I recently bought a laptop online, and after finally getting it, everything worked perfectly after updating it to the latest everything. However, I’m having issues with internet connection and only on this laptop HP EliteBook 840 G2. I’ve been getting errors like “Can’t...
  10. Fewest clicks to disconnect/reconnect to the Internet

Fewest clicks to disconnect/reconnect to the Internet: Hi,I occasionally need to disconnect from the Internet and would be grateful if someone would let me know the quickest way to disconnect and reconnect preferably via a desktop iconThanks 113321