Windows 10: Wired Keyboard 600 - Shift + W disable CapsLock alternation

Discus and support Wired Keyboard 600 - Shift + W disable CapsLock alternation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I already checked the internet and I didn't see anyone with this problem, so I think there must be some configuration problem. I purchased a Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LordPropaganda, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Wired Keyboard 600 - Shift + W disable CapsLock alternation

I already checked the internet and I didn't see anyone with this problem, so I think there must be some configuration problem.

I purchased a Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600, but CapsLock does not work while I hold the Shift + W keys and it is only with the letter W that this happens, I am extremely frustrated.

Has anyone experienced this problem? This problem is very specific,

it looks like the combination of Shift + W blocks CapsLock's state switching, that's ridiculous!

:)

LordPropaganda, Oct 10, 2020
  2. bobfrost Win User

Disabling capslock on keyboard

.................................................................................................... .......

I got fed up with the various options to do this, so I did it the simple way - I just removed the capslock key from my keyboard. *Wink. Works fine!!

bob Frost

bobfrost, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Disabling capslock on keyboard

I would like to disable capslock on my keyboard having previously done it but itsa not working now.

I have tried this:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...windows-vista/

...but the scancode binary number mentioned isn't there in my registry.

How can I disable the capslock?

woldsweather, Oct 10, 2020
  4. Wired Keyboard 600 - Shift + W disable CapsLock alternation

Keys 3edc will not work Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600

Hi everyone,

I have a Microsoft Wired Keyboard Keyboard 600 and the keys 3 e d and c no longer work. I have:

• cleaned the debris out of the keyboard using the vacuum cleaner
    • plugged it into my laptop to use as an external keyboard
    • updated the driver through Device Manager
    • uninstalled and reinstalled it through Device Manager
    and the keys are still not working.

The onscreen keyboard works fine but considering I am using the wired keyboard on a desktop computer, it is hardly functional for typing.

Does anyone have any further hints or tips (aside from buying a new keyboard)?

Sarah_Frances, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

Wired Keyboard 600 - Shift + W disable CapsLock alternation

1. Wired Keyboard 600 - Shift + W disable CapsLock alternation - Similar Threads - Wired Keyboard 600

2. Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600: I just bought a Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600. When I plug it into my laptop, it works for EXACTLY 16 characters and then just stops working completely. I can type 16 letters but no more. If I click on NumLock within the 16 characters the light comes on, after the 16...
  3. Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600: I just bought a Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600. When I plug it into my laptop, it works for EXACTLY 16 characters and then just stops working completely. I can type 16 letters but no more. If I click on NumLock within the 16 characters the light comes on, after the 16...
  4. Microsoft Keyboard Wired 600 deletes Google sheet cells

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Keyboard Wired 600 deletes Google sheet cells: HiWhile moving with arrows the cursor among any google sheet in Chrome and Opera, with the Microsoft keyboard,it deletes its content, just by moving through cells with the arrows.How can I solve that. I am in windows 11....
  5. Microsoft 600 wired keyboard operating on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft 600 wired keyboard operating on Windows 10: Hi, I had a bought a keyboard a few months ago, and one of the Shift keys automatically selects Ctrl+Shift. I have tried searching google and found a few things and nothing has worked so far.The way i figured this out is by checking the on-screen keyboard - see screenshot...
  6. Microsoft 600 wired keyboard operating on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft 600 wired keyboard operating on Windows 10: Hi, I had a bought a keyboard a few months ago, and one of the Shift keys automatically selects Ctrl+Shift. I have tried searching google and found a few things and nothing has worked so far.The way i figured this out is by checking the on-screen keyboard - see screenshot...
  7. Microsoft Wired 600 keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Wired 600 keyboard: I have just bought the above keyboard and when I started to type anything it will not type what I am trying to type and it will type letters that do not make sense such as krodgnjpokdk. I have looked at the properties for the keyboard and it is saying that the keyboard is...
  8. Problems with the Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems with the Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600: Hello, I have a Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600 that I purchased a few days ago. At first it worked very well, until a couple of days ago. Out of nowhere it stopped working and didn't recognize any key although the num lock light stayed on, it couldn't be turned off....
  9. Disable ctrl-shift-W

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable ctrl-shift-W: Is there any way I can delete the ctrl-shift-W shortcut? I'm typing a large document on google drive and I use ctrl-shift-E to centre text quite often. However, the E and W key are right next to each other, so I end up closing the window usually several times a day. It's...
  10. Disabling capslock on keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling capslock on keyboard: I would like to disable capslock on my keyboard having previously done it but itsa not working now. I have tried this: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...windows-vista/ ...but the scancode binary number mentioned isn't there in my registry. How can I disable...