Windows 10: Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

Discus and support Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 --- Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MrKris0019, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

:)

MrKris0019, Jan 6, 2020

2. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 6, 2020
  3. External Mouse and Volume Keys on External Keyboard Stopped Working

I've been using an external mouse and keyboard with my laptop for a while now. A few days ago, the mouse stopped working. It's a wired mouse and the red light comes on when it's plugged in. At the same time, the top row of keys on my wired keyboard stopped working (the volume controls, mail button, home, customizable buttons, etc.). When I plug the mouse in, it appears under Other Devices in the Device Manager, listed twice as a USB Input Device. When I try to update the driver automatically, it says Windows was unable to. The mouse doesn't work in safe mode. I tried a wireless mouse as well and it doesn't work either. My external keyboard shows up under keyboards as an HID Keyboard Device and Windows says the best drivers for my device are already installed. I've tried all three USB ports and the mouse works on another computer. The built-in keyboard and touch pad on my laptop still work fine. What else can I do? Thanks in advance.

purplewalrus, Jan 6, 2020
  4. DeepalM Win User

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

Windows 10 Keyboard and mouse suddenly stopped working.

Windows 10 - Keyboard and mouse all of sudden stopped working.

The same keyboard and mouse works on 2 other laptops.

What I have tried so far to fix.

• Tried a different wireless keyboard and mouse. - no luck.
    • Ran the Troubleshooter - Hardware and Devices - It 'applied a fix' and rebooted. - still no luck.
    • Uninstalled all the drivers under HID from device manager. - still no luck.
    • Uninstalled all the USB drivers. - still no luck.
    • Uninstalled the root hub. - still no luck.
    • Tried System Restore to the previous date before the last windows update today. - still no luck

Only strange thing is after rebooting the same drivers that I deleted shows up on device manager

Any suggestions?

Windows 10 Enterprise - 1709 build 16299.248

DeepalM, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

1. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Wired Keyboard Mouse

2. keyboard and mouse intermitanly not working right wired and wireless

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard and mouse intermitanly not working right wired and wireless: only started yesterday, keyboard and mouse either not working or reacting slow and not moving. have tried wired and wireless. both react the same. there was a windows 11 update a few days ago and has started since then. PC say latest drivers are installed. logitech wireless...
  3. keyboard and mouse intermitanly not working right wired and wireless

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard and mouse intermitanly not working right wired and wireless: only started yesterday, keyboard and mouse either not working or reacting slow and not moving. have tried wired and wireless. both react the same. there was a windows 11 update a few days ago and has started since then. PC say latest drivers are installed. logitech wireless...
  4. Wired Keyboard and Mouse are not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wired Keyboard and Mouse are not working: My wired Keyboard and mouse have stopped working and I have no idea why. I am using an HP 24 all in one PC. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wired-keyboard-and-mouse-are-not-working/71b9f286-b87b-4044-9884-2deb6481ddea
  5. Wired Mouse not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wired Mouse not working: My wired gaming mouse is not working properly.....every day it works for few hours then suddenly the led starts blinking and cursor stop moving....it gets back to normal again after restarting the system ..but then again after few hours same thing happens. I've bought a new...
  6. Wired & Wireless Mouse stops working or keeps glitching, Windows 10

Wired & Wireless Mouse stops working or keeps glitching, Windows 10: I previously asked a question about my wired mouse not working, and even trying a wireless mouse not working. This is the link to that conversation:...
  7. Wired mouse and keyboard stop working for a split second every couple of minutes....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wired mouse and keyboard stop working for a split second every couple of minutes....: I have an HP gaming desktop with an AMD Ryzen 5 processor and Radeon RX 580 graphics card, about one year old. I've been having an issue with it that has been there since the beginning but has lately seemed to accelerate and it's driving me totally crazy (as if other world...
  8. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10: Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10 I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 --- Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me...
  9. Wired Mouse and Keyboard Freeze in Windows 10

Wired Mouse and Keyboard Freeze in Windows 10: I have been having trouble with the subject for a few weeks. My solution is to press the off button. The computer then shuts down. I restart and the problem is solved. But then it can return. I went through the Windows Integrity checklist at...
  10. Wired Mouse and Keyboard freeze.

Wired Mouse and Keyboard freeze.: I got this problem for about 2 months now. My keyboard and mouse keep freezing, I always plugged my keyboard and mouse on rear panel, it freezes after about 10 minutes of using. I tried to use new keyboard and mouse still freeze again. After it freeze, I plugged it to front...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse keeps freezing in windows 10

2. keyboard stop working after windows 10 update 2020

3. mouse en keyboard stops working windows 10