Windows 10: Wired keyboard and wireless mouse lagging

Discus and support Wired keyboard and wireless mouse lagging in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; No idea how to even start checking what the issue is. When I start using my laptop Dell XPS 13 9310 in the morning - it works. But after some time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by notojacek, Mar 10, 2021.

1. notojacek Win User

Wired keyboard and wireless mouse lagging

No idea how to even start checking what the issue is.

When I start using my laptop Dell XPS 13 9310 in the morning - it works. But after some time something weird starts to happen.

There is no CPU/Ram/anything spikes in the panels, no errors, no nothing. It's the latest Windows 10 version, the latest drivers of everything checked with Dell Update and AVG Driver Updater, but...

Literally every a couple of seconds I have micro mouse input lags Logitech MX3 Master with a dongle and keyboard wired DROP at the same time. They stop working for a second system works as I still hear music in headphones and video is moving if played at the same time, but input is stopped and then pushed at once. So if I am writing and my job is basically writing for most of the day, so it's very annoying in a document, the keyboard stops and suddenly, after a split second it's either forgetting what I was writing probably stutter when I was between keys or hits one key multiple time - which will result with either f.e. hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllo or, even more annoyingly, deleting A LOT of text as it got stuck on the backspace button.

Same with the mouse, if I am f.e. in Affinity Photo and want to move an object, the mouse will stutter, the object will stop, and... after a split second, it will teleport it into a direction I was moving my mouse during lag.

Like I said - the mouse is wireless, the keyboard is wired. They are both connected to Dell DA310 mobile USB-C hub, which is connected to OWC Thunderbolt 4 hub. What is funny - the USB-C hub has also a screen HDMI, ethernet cable, and a USB mic yeti connected - absolutely no issues with any of those devices. The OWC hub has a camera connected as well - also NO ISSUES. So it's not the hub, it's not the dock, it's not a wireless dongle for the mouse, and it's not the keyboard cable also tested different ports and different cables, also tried directly with the laptop - no changes.

Also, it's not power delivery, as the keyboard has RGB lighting and when those lags appear - the lights are still working - no changes here.

I also did a system wipe and windows reinstall because of different issues with BSOD - but this issue stayed over.

Any ideas on what I can check or try to make it work?

:)

notojacek, Mar 10, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Wireless Versus Wired Mice/Keyboard

Nope, no lag with wireless with a quality wireless mouse/keyboard.

newtekie1, Mar 10, 2021
  3. Wireless Keyboard/Mouse Problem???

I've had a similar problem like this with a cheap wireless keyboard I had, but that happened offline as well. My current wireless keyboard and mouse are fine, almost sounds like lagging but then the gameplay would be poor - do you have an old wired keyboard you could try out?

Jimmy 2004, Mar 10, 2021
  4. KJM
    KJM Win User

Recommend a keyboard/mouse?

Right now I'm looking to get the Logitech MX3200, but was looking at Microsoft Ergonomics Keyboard 4000. But Could not really find a wireless mouse that stood out. I can do with a wired keyboard, but any suggestions on a good wireless mouse?

What would you guys recommend? MX3200 or Microsoft 4000 + whatever wireless mouse

Thema:

1. Wired keyboard and wireless mouse lagging - Similar Threads - Wired keyboard wireless

2. keyboard and mouse intermitanly not working right wired and wireless

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard and mouse intermitanly not working right wired and wireless: only started yesterday, keyboard and mouse either not working or reacting slow and not moving. have tried wired and wireless. both react the same. there was a windows 11 update a few days ago and has started since then. PC say latest drivers are installed. logitech wireless...
  3. keyboard and mouse intermitanly not working right wired and wireless

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard and mouse intermitanly not working right wired and wireless: only started yesterday, keyboard and mouse either not working or reacting slow and not moving. have tried wired and wireless. both react the same. there was a windows 11 update a few days ago and has started since then. PC say latest drivers are installed. logitech wireless...
  4. Wireless USB Keyboard and Mouse Lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless USB Keyboard and Mouse Lagging: Hello, I have a Dell laptop IntelR CoreTM i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2.59 GHz, on Windows 11 that is hooked up to two monitors and a USB wireless Keyboard and Mouse. I've tried the Logitech Keyboard and Mouse, as well as, a Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse. They both have a lag...
  5. Wireless USB Keyboard and Mouse Lagging

Wireless USB Keyboard and Mouse Lagging: Hello, I have a Dell laptop IntelR CoreTM i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2.59 GHz, on Windows 11 that is hooked up to two monitors and a USB wireless Keyboard and Mouse. I've tried the Logitech Keyboard and Mouse, as well as, a Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse. They both have a lag...
  6. Wireless mouse lag and keyboards repeating keystrokes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless mouse lag and keyboards repeating keystrokes.: I am using Logitech Wireless Keyboard and mouse combo. Months before I faced an issue with this, the mouse movement will be little slow kind of lagging, and when I press a letter in keyboard or combination of keys it repeats the strokes. Like if I attempt to type angular...
  7. Wireless mouse lag and keyboards repeating keystrokes.

Wireless mouse lag and keyboards repeating keystrokes.: I am using Logitech Wireless Keyboard and mouse combo. Months before I faced an issue with this, the mouse movement will be little slow kind of lagging, and when I press a letter in keyboard or combination of keys it repeats the strokes. Like if I attempt to type angular...
  8. Wireless mouse lag and keyboards repeating keystrokes.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Microsoft wireless mouse and keyboard lagging

Microsoft wireless mouse and keyboard lagging: I've been having a lot of trouble with my Microsoft wireless mouse and keyboard since replacing my computer to a windows 10 model. I was using the same mouse and keyboard with my old computer with little trouble but since upgrading to my new computer which is in every way an...
  10. Replacing wired keyboard and mouse on a new PC with wireless keyboard and mouse that was...

Replacing wired keyboard and mouse on a new PC with wireless keyboard and mouse that was...: I got a new pc. How do I replace the wired keyboard and mouse with wireless keyboard and mouse used on previous PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replacing-wired-keyboard-and-mouse-on-a-new-pc/47b62275-a0f8-41d2-a6b5-2234f3d4cc17