Windows 10: Wired keyboard not working after BSOD

Discus and support Wired keyboard not working after BSOD in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After BSOD, my keyboard stopped working all of a sudden. It seems like my keyboard doesn't work specifically on my PC now because it still works with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Marie_003, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Marie_003 Win User

Wired keyboard not working after BSOD

After BSOD, my keyboard stopped working all of a sudden. It seems like my keyboard doesn't work specifically on my PC now because it still works with my sibling's PC. My keyboard works though when it's in bluetooth mode, so I don't know if it's the ports that are faulty but all of my devices are working correctly that are connected to my ports.

:)

Marie_003, Jan 24, 2023

2. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10
    I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, Jan 24, 2023
  3. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, Jan 24, 2023
  4. Wired keyboard not working after BSOD

Keys 3edc will not work Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600

Hi everyone,

I have a Microsoft Wired Keyboard Keyboard 600 and the keys 3 e d and c no longer work. I have:

• cleaned the debris out of the keyboard using the vacuum cleaner
    • plugged it into my laptop to use as an external keyboard
    • updated the driver through Device Manager
    • uninstalled and reinstalled it through Device Manager
    and the keys are still not working.

The onscreen keyboard works fine but considering I am using the wired keyboard on a desktop computer, it is hardly functional for typing.

Does anyone have any further hints or tips (aside from buying a new keyboard)?

Sarah_Frances, Jan 24, 2023
Thema:

Wired keyboard not working after BSOD

1. Wired keyboard not working after BSOD - Similar Threads - Wired keyboard working

2. Wired keyboard glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired keyboard glitch: The problems I'm experiencing: When I long-press any keyboard button, it toggles the keyboard power off and on. After typing a word, a letter repeats without any additional clicks. Clicking anything results in an unexpected decrease in system volume then my computer shuts...
  3. Wired keyboard glitch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wired keyboard glitch: The problems I'm experiencing: When I long-press any keyboard button, it toggles the keyboard power off and on. After typing a word, a letter repeats without any additional clicks. Clicking anything results in an unexpected decrease in system volume then my computer shuts...
  4. Wired keyboard glitch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Wired keyboard not working after BSOD

Wired keyboard not working after BSOD: After BSOD, my keyboard stopped working all of a sudden. It seems like my keyboard doesn't work specifically on my PC now because it still works with my sibling's PC. My keyboard works though when it's in bluetooth mode, so I don't know if it's the ports that are faulty but...
  6. Wired keyboard not working after BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wired keyboard not working after BSOD: After BSOD, my keyboard stopped working all of a sudden. It seems like my keyboard doesn't work specifically on my PC now because it still works with my sibling's PC. My keyboard works though when it's in bluetooth mode, so I don't know if it's the ports that are faulty but...
  7. Wired and Wireless BT Keyboards stop working after wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired and Wireless BT Keyboards stop working after wake from sleep: Hey all, I'm desperate and need really need help with this. I'm stumped. I've followed several tech guides, videos, microsoft support pages, even upgraded to Windows 11 to try and resolve this issue. I've been grappling with this for about a year and half now and I don't know...
  8. Shift f not working on wired or wireless keyboard!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shift f not working on wired or wireless keyboard!: Razer diagnosed a fault with my wired Huntsman Elite keyboard, no key press is recorded when pressing shift then f. It doesn't produce a capital 'f'. While awaiting a replacement, I am using a Lotigech wireless keyboard, and guess what, the same issue! Shift f wont create a...
  9. Wired Keyboard and Mouse are not working

Wired Keyboard and Mouse are not working: My wired Keyboard and mouse have stopped working and I have no idea why. I am using an HP 24 all in one PC. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wired-keyboard-and-mouse-are-not-working/71b9f286-b87b-4044-9884-2deb6481ddea
  10. USB2 wired keyboard not working after restart: 'driver error'

USB2 wired keyboard not working after restart: 'driver error': I have an HP pavilion desktop pc. My wired USB keyboard has stopped working twice now after restarts. If I didn't have an additional wireless keyboard that I use on another computer I would be really screwed. The wireless installs and works fine. When I go into the...