Windows 10: Wired Keyboard or Mouse & Surface Go 2

Discus and support Wired Keyboard or Mouse & Surface Go 2 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Looking for a gadget or gizmo that will allow my USB wired old skool keyboard and/or mouse communicate with a Surface Go 2. It has a usb-c jack.. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MourningStar, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Wired Keyboard or Mouse & Surface Go 2

Looking for a gadget or gizmo that will allow my USB wired old skool keyboard and/or mouse communicate with a Surface Go 2. It has a usb-c jack.. It has wi-fi and bluetooth. Maybe a std usb hub that uses a usb-c plug that will plug into the computer? -thank you

:)

MourningStar, Mar 13, 2021

2. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10
    I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, Mar 13, 2021
  3. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Mar 13, 2021
  4. Wired Keyboard or Mouse & Surface Go 2

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, Mar 13, 2021
Thema:

Wired Keyboard or Mouse & Surface Go 2

1. Wired Keyboard or Mouse & Surface Go 2 - Similar Threads - Wired Keyboard Mouse

2. Disappearing mouse pointer when Bluetooth keyboard attached Surface Go 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disappearing mouse pointer when Bluetooth keyboard attached Surface Go 2: This problem appeared with the latest Win11 system update 22621.963. If I use my Surface Go 2 with the Typecover everything works properly. But if I remove the Typecover and instead try to use my Brydge keyboard which connects via Bluetooth the mouse pointer disappears. The...
  3. Disappearing mouse pointer when Bluetooth keyboard attached Surface Go 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disappearing mouse pointer when Bluetooth keyboard attached Surface Go 2: This problem appeared with the latest Win11 system update 22621.963. If I use my Surface Go 2 with the Typecover everything works properly. But if I remove the Typecover and instead try to use my Brydge keyboard which connects via Bluetooth the mouse pointer disappears. The...
  4. Wired Keyboard or Mouse & Surface Go 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wired Keyboard or Mouse & Surface Go 2: Looking for a gadget or gizmo that will allow my USB wired old skool keyboard and/or mouse communicate with a Surface Go 2. It has a usb-c jack.. It has wi-fi and bluetooth. Maybe a std usb hub that uses a usb-c plug that will plug into the computer? -thank you 175883
  5. Wired keyboard and wireless mouse lagging

Wired keyboard and wireless mouse lagging: No idea how to even start checking what the issue is. When I start using my laptop Dell XPS 13 9310 in the morning - it works. But after some time something weird starts to happen. There is no CPU/Ram/anything spikes in the panels, no errors, no nothing. It's the latest...
  6. Wired Keyboard and Mouse are not working

Wired Keyboard and Mouse are not working: My wired Keyboard and mouse have stopped working and I have no idea why. I am using an HP 24 all in one PC. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wired-keyboard-and-mouse-are-not-working/71b9f286-b87b-4044-9884-2deb6481ddea
  7. Microsoft Surface Go 2 - Microsoft Surface Modern Mouse and Surface Go Keyboard...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Surface Go 2 - Microsoft Surface Modern Mouse and Surface Go Keyboard...: I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface Go 2 back in July. Everything was working great until I noticed that the Modern Mouse and Surface Go Keyboard I purchased with it would randomly start disconnecting. This would usually be after leaving my desk for a few minutes. I have...
  8. Surface Go 2

Surface Go 2: Hi I'm hoping someone can help. I have a surface go 2 which is about a week old and i notice that when i charge from below 20% using a surface laptop charger it will only charge upto 30% normally when i leave it overnight. I've run the diagnostics tool and everything...
  9. Surface Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse going to sleep

Surface Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse going to sleep: I run Windows 10 most recent public updates on Surface Pro. I have the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse connected via bluetooth. Last 4 weeks when I go away from the computer for awhile min 15 mins the keyboard/mouse go to sleep. Sometimes it even falls asleep while on...
  10. Wired Mouse and Keyboard freeze.

Wired Mouse and Keyboard freeze.: I got this problem for about 2 months now. My keyboard and mouse keep freezing, I always plugged my keyboard and mouse on rear panel, it freezes after about 10 minutes of using. I tried to use new keyboard and mouse still freeze again. After it freeze, I plugged it to front...