Windows 10: Wired Laptop not discovered on Network ?

Discus and support Wired Laptop not discovered on Network ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone, this issue has been driving me crazy but at least I can throw all my energy at it due to being home all the time now. I have a Desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ErinInnKeeper, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Wired Laptop not discovered on Network ?

Hello everyone, this issue has been driving me crazy but at least I can throw all my energy at it due to being home all the time now.

I have a Desktop HP All-In-One running WIndows 10 set as "discoverable"connected to the internet through a Bell Home Hub 2000 Router. Wired LAN to this router is my ASUS Laptop in another room, also running WIndows 10 set as "discoverable"and accessing the internet through this same router....however..The laptop is NOT being discovered on the Network. When I manually run the "add a new device" from my Desktop it reports no device found? My Network setting is Private with Discoverable checked and FIle and Print sharing is turned on and automatic setup of network connected devices is turned on.

SO I have reset both Ethernet Adaptors but this didn't help.

I have disconnected and powered down every thing then plugged it all back in and started them all up but this didn't help.

Where is the bottle neck? I don't know. I have disabled BitDefender but this didn't help. I disabled my VPN as well...no go.

Any work a rounds I haven't tried let me know and thank you...JIm

:)

ErinInnKeeper, Mar 29, 2020

2. Network discovering

I have encountered this problem on a few occasions - I have changed my router

No error messages

I have tried switching the Media server off and on

I have examined the network options to ensure 'discover' is on

I have rebooted my Dell laptop and the router

I am using Version 1709 of Windows 10

MikeNiblett, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Wired Laptop not discovered on Network ?

Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

Wired Laptop not discovered on Network ?

1. Wired Laptop not discovered on Network ? - Similar Threads - Wired Laptop discovered

2. Wired Network connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Network connection.: Back in the early 2000’s, I ran ethernet to multiple computers in my house. For a while I was able to use it to do a lot of file and printer sharing in the home network, but for the last few years it’s been a lot more iffy, and I’m currently looking at my new Windows 11...
  3. Wired Network connection.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wired Network connection.: Back in the early 2000’s, I ran ethernet to multiple computers in my house. For a while I was able to use it to do a lot of file and printer sharing in the home network, but for the last few years it’s been a lot more iffy, and I’m currently looking at my new Windows 11...
  4. Network discover issues after reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network discover issues after reset?: I have 2 PCs wired on same network. Primary PC is windows 11, secondary PC and Windows 10.They were able to discover each other on my network up until I unenrolled from the Microsoft Insider Program on the primary pc. I've already scoured the support forums, network discovery...
  5. Wired Network

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wired Network: Centurylink4343 is connected to my IP Address When I log in so do they I see the link go up the side of my house To a house address that dose not exist ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/wired-network/555bb853-f7fb-4a7b-9565-1a1ae230beb2
  6. Network PC discovered by wifi laptop but USB printer attached to Network PC not seen ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network PC discovered by wifi laptop but USB printer attached to Network PC not seen ?: Network Host PC seen on wifi laptop but USB printer attached to host PC not seen by wifi laptop. My printer is wired via USB cable to my network host computer. When I access the network from my wifi laptop said printer is not there? I have worked through all the settings...
  7. Wired and WIFI Networks

Wired and WIFI Networks: Helloooo! I hope everyone is happy and healthy during these strange times! This is my first post, and I am a relative noob, so please be gentle :) I fully expect I might need to get someone in, for this problem. I am not trying avoid paying anyone. But seeing as I cant get...
  8. Network computers not being discovered

Network computers not being discovered: Hi, I really hope somebody can help me. I have 3 computers A and B and C as follows A Win 10 Pro ver 1803 (MAIN) B Win 10 Pro ver 1809 (SLAVE) C Win 10 Pro ver 1809 (NUC) all connected by ethernet cable to a switch, the switch is then ethernet connected to the...
  9. Network Discover issues

Network Discover issues: Three of my four workgroup PCs discover all the others, but one only discovers itself and one other. One of these has full access to all the shares on all the others, but none of the others have any access except to themselves and to the Netgear ReadyShare. I have...
  10. Wired Network

Wired Network: Hi SOrry if this has been asked before but I want to delete my Network and start a fresh. Can't for the life of me find how to do this. Any help or tips? 38180