Windows 10: Wired mouse and keyboard lagging with fresh Windows 10 install

Discus and support Wired mouse and keyboard lagging with fresh Windows 10 install in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I built a desktop about a month ago, used it pretty lightly so far. Left it off for about a week, then powered up, and both mouse and keyboard were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mas.ajo, Feb 28, 2022.

1. mas.ajo Win User

Wired mouse and keyboard lagging with fresh Windows 10 install

I built a desktop about a month ago, used it pretty lightly so far. Left it off for about a week, then powered up, and both mouse and keyboard were lagging. Both logitech wireless. I tried a bunch of solutions before plugging in a wired mouse and wired keyboard. No change. Tried several other things before doing a clean install downgrade from Windows 11 to 10. ...and there's no change. It has to be some hardware issue right?After downgrade, installed only mobo drivers, no Nvidia, nothing.I ran this test:userbenchmark.comwith these results:https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/50840464Are there

:)

mas.ajo, Feb 28, 2022

2. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10
    I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, Feb 28, 2022
  3. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, Feb 28, 2022
  4. Wired mouse and keyboard lagging with fresh Windows 10 install

How to troubleshoot the USB receiver mouse lagging issue?

Hi there

We have this issue on one of our machines. It has a lag on the mouse as well occasionally on the keyboard as well. The mouse and keyboard are using a single USB receiver. It's random but yesterday it happen regularly.

What the troubleshooting steps so far:

* The machine has 2 USB ports and tried all of them it's same issue
    * Update the driver - it's pretty generic and it's updated
    * The trackpad is fine and built-in keyboard - no lagging
    * Tested those 2 USB mouse and keyboard on other machine - worked well - no lagging
    * Tested with other USB receiver mouse only and it's not bad as the current one but it can see the lagging.
    * Bought a new HP mouse and keyboard USB receiver, tested and it's same result.
    * Use the Bluetooth mouse and wired keyboard. Worked well - NO lagging so far for last 2 days !!!
    * Been escalated to Dell Support as well - but no news as yet

Not sure what causing this. Any ideas?

This is our environment:
    Dell Latitude laptop
    Dell monitor
    Windows 10 Version 2004
    Toshiba Dynadock docking station
    Microsoft USB mouse and keyboard
    HP USB mouse and keyboard
    Microsoft Bluetooth mouse
    Microsoft wired keyboard

I'm appreciated your help and pointer.

Thanks

dcpartners, Feb 28, 2022
Thema:

Wired mouse and keyboard lagging with fresh Windows 10 install

1. Wired mouse and keyboard lagging with fresh Windows 10 install - Similar Threads - Wired mouse keyboard

2. Windows 11 with WIRED USB MS keyboard & Logitech WIRED mouse typing/click lag ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 with WIRED USB MS keyboard & Logitech WIRED mouse typing/click lag ...: I have been largely ignoring a very annoying problem with keyboard lag and mouse clicks seemingly thrown away. It is never impossible to work, but it is chronic and just should not be happening! Specs: Windows 11 fully up to date with auto update on. New this year Dell...
  3. Windows 11 with WIRED USB MS keyboard & Logitech WIRED mouse typing/click lag ...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 with WIRED USB MS keyboard & Logitech WIRED mouse typing/click lag ...: I have been largely ignoring a very annoying problem with keyboard lag and mouse clicks seemingly thrown away. It is never impossible to work, but it is chronic and just should not be happening! Specs: Windows 11 fully up to date with auto update on. New this year Dell...
  4. Wired mouse and keyboard lagging with fresh Windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired mouse and keyboard lagging with fresh Windows 10 install: I built a desktop about a month ago, used it pretty lightly so far. Left it off for about a week, then powered up, and both mouse and keyboard were lagging. Both logitech wireless. I tried a bunch of solutions before plugging in a wired mouse and wired keyboard. No change....
  5. Wired mouse and keyboard lagging with fresh Windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wired mouse and keyboard lagging with fresh Windows 10 install: I built a desktop about a month ago, used it pretty lightly so far. Left it off for about a week, then powered up, and both mouse and keyboard were lagging. Both logitech wireless. I tried a bunch of solutions before plugging in a wired mouse and wired keyboard. No change....
  6. Lagging mouse and keyboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lagging mouse and keyboard.: Hello I have an Intel NUC-7i5NBH pc and I am using logitech MK235 Wireless Mouse and Keyboard combo on its USB port. But I am facing lagg in both mouse and keyboard. Example :- If I play any game , my keyboard's keystrokes are recieved after a delay or if I am typing it just...
  7. Wired keyboard and wireless mouse lagging

Wired keyboard and wireless mouse lagging: No idea how to even start checking what the issue is. When I start using my laptop Dell XPS 13 9310 in the morning - it works. But after some time something weird starts to happen. There is no CPU/Ram/anything spikes in the panels, no errors, no nothing. It's the latest...
  8. Wired Keyboard and Mouse are not working

Wired Keyboard and Mouse are not working: My wired Keyboard and mouse have stopped working and I have no idea why. I am using an HP 24 all in one PC. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wired-keyboard-and-mouse-are-not-working/71b9f286-b87b-4044-9884-2deb6481ddea
  9. Wired Mouse and Keyboard Freeze in Windows 10

Wired Mouse and Keyboard Freeze in Windows 10: I have been having trouble with the subject for a few weeks. My solution is to press the off button. The computer then shuts down. I restart and the problem is solved. But then it can return. I went through the Windows Integrity checklist at...
  10. Wired Mouse and Keyboard freeze.

Wired Mouse and Keyboard freeze.: I got this problem for about 2 months now. My keyboard and mouse keep freezing, I always plugged my keyboard and mouse on rear panel, it freezes after about 10 minutes of using. I tried to use new keyboard and mouse still freeze again. After it freeze, I plugged it to front...