Windows 10: Wired mouse and keyboard stop working for a split second every couple of minutes....

Discus and support Wired mouse and keyboard stop working for a split second every couple of minutes.... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an HP gaming desktop with an AMD Ryzen 5 processor and Radeon RX 580 graphics card, about one year old. I've been having an issue with it that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VULCAN_WITCH, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Wired mouse and keyboard stop working for a split second every couple of minutes....

I have an HP gaming desktop with an AMD Ryzen 5 processor and Radeon RX 580 graphics card, about one year old. I've been having an issue with it that has been there since the beginning but has lately seemed to accelerate and it's driving me totally crazy (as if other world events aren't enough for that).

I use a Kensington Expert Mouse trackball and a cheap no-name compact keyboard that I plug into an Anker USB hub and then into one of the USB 3.0 ports on my machine. Every couple of minutes or so, the keyboard or the mouse (probably both, though I'm not using both simultaneously generally) stop working for a split second. With the mouse, the cursor will be unresponsive, and then briefly fly around wildly as if the sensitivity controls for the Kensington driver are taking slightly longer to kick back in. With the keyboard, which doesn't have any driver to speak of, it will be unresponsive and, if I happened to be in the middle of pushing down a key, will spit out 10 or so of the character in question before I get control again.

One more piece of evidence I can offer is that previously I was also continuously hearing two noises right after each other when it would happen, that I learned were representing the sounds of devices being disconnected and reconnected, even though, in a physical sense, that certainly wasn't the case. I turned those sounds off but that might say something about what the problem is.

I've tried using different USB ports, and the problem persists. I also regularly use a 5-year-old MacBook Air with the exact same set up (by just moving the USB over to that one) and have never once had this issue thereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. It just happened so let me leave that line of e's to really illustrate. LOL.

Would greatly appreciate anyone's advice on what might be going on here and how to fix it because it's driving me mad! Thank you!

submitted by /u/VULCAN_WITCH
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/VULCAN_WITCH, Mar 24, 2020

2. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10
    I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Wired mouse and keyboard stop working for a split second every couple of minutes....

Mouse stops working seconds of minutes after plug in

I have this mouse Madcatz Cyborg Rat 5 and It had a problem. the sensor totally stops working, the buttons and scroll wheel still works, only the sensor.

I sent it to RMA and they repaired/returned it now, but not even 1 month after return, it's starting to do this again.

This time I tried troubleshooting it to see how to fix this and what's causing it before returning it to RMA again

I observed that It works right after you plug it in, then after a couple of seconds or minutes (depending on how long it was unplugged) the sensor would stop working. If you remove and replug it in immediately it will not work. I suspect this is the mouse overheating. Is such a thing possible? anyone else who has experienced this on any mouse?

It's gonna be RMA'ed again so no problem, I just wanted to know what's causing it. or maybe the possible fixes in case it happens again when its out of warranty.

edit: little typo on the title

lyndonguitar, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Wired mouse and keyboard stop working for a split second every couple of minutes....

1. Wired mouse and keyboard stop working for a split second every couple of minutes.... - Similar Threads - Wired mouse keyboard

2. Mouse and keyboard stop working for a second every now and then

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse and keyboard stop working for a second every now and then: Just like the title says, no matter what keyboard or mouse that I use (or USB ports) it always will randomly stop, for example the mouse will suddenly become unresponsive but then work fine for ~15 seconds or more. Edit: the sound also begins to freeze/stutter when the mouse...
  3. Mouse lags for a second every couple of seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse lags for a second every couple of seconds: Hello I have a problem that my mouse "Logitech G500s" Lags for a couple of seconds every 2 seconds randomly from 5 hours to 10 minutes it's really annoying but i observated something that whenever my mouse lags it disables Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V keybinds on mouse Not...
  4. Windows 10 MAJOR STUTTERING EVERY COUPLE SECONDS OR MINUTES !

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 MAJOR STUTTERING EVERY COUPLE SECONDS OR MINUTES !: Hello ppl.. Like the title say, i have this MAJOR STUTTERING and i have no idea what is causing it ! But what i'm sure of this wasn't there when i bought this pc.. everything is brand new. it's not problem in HDD or any other parts. I'm just bought it. it's 3 months...
  5. Wired Keyboard and Mouse are not working

Wired Keyboard and Mouse are not working: My wired Keyboard and mouse have stopped working and I have no idea why. I am using an HP 24 all in one PC. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wired-keyboard-and-mouse-are-not-working/71b9f286-b87b-4044-9884-2deb6481ddea
  6. USB Keyboard stops after a couple of minutes

USB Keyboard stops after a couple of minutes: Hi, so here how it goes. I have a lenovo v110-15IAP. I was using for a year a usb wireless keyboard with no issues. Stopped using it for a couple of weeks Vacation time and when I was back it wasn't working like before. I can type normally for a minute, but then I have...
  7. My wireless mouse&keyboard stop working in every 10 seconds

My wireless mouse&keyboard stop working in every 10 seconds: I'm using Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900 mouse and keyboard. It moves smoothly when I continuously use it but it lags if there is 10 seconds pause of using. For example, If I read an article on the web site and I scroll down the page after 10 seconds then it doesn't...
  8. Mouse freezes for ~half a second every couple seconds.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse freezes for ~half a second every couple seconds.: This issue has been bugging me ever since a couple of weeks ago when I added another graphics card to my PC. I did not install any drivers for it and I actually removed it about a week ago and it did not fix the problem. I've updated my graphics card drivers, then rolled them...
  9. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10: Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10 I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 --- Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me...
  10. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10: I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 --- Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated. Keyboard and Mouse are wired -...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard and mouse disconnects for a split second