Windows 10: Wired Mouse/Keyboard Turn Off When Windows Boots

Discus and support Wired Mouse/Keyboard Turn Off When Windows Boots in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As of 3/1/2019, my wired mouse and keyboard stop working when Windows boots. They light up and turn on when my computer is booting, but as soon as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AGuyOTI, Mar 1, 2019.

1. AGuyOTI Win User

Wired Mouse/Keyboard Turn Off When Windows Boots

As of 3/1/2019, my wired mouse and keyboard stop working when Windows boots. They light up and turn on when my computer is booting, but as soon as Windows launches they power down.

I’ve tried different usb ports on my computer and tried different mice (both wired and wireless) and nothing works. When I plug them into a different computer they work fine, so I’m pretty sure the problem is with Windows.

Without a functioning mouse and keyboard, I can’t do any debugging on my actual computer. I also can’t reinstall Windows via disc, as it came pre-installed on my PC so I don’t have a physical disc or USB or anything.

Everything was working perfectly yesterday, so I assume Microsoft pushed some sort of update that messed everything up.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

AGuyOTI, Mar 1, 2019

2. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Mar 1, 2019
  3. devnull Win User
    Keyboard and mouse not recognized after boot-up!

Thanks, but how would I be able to do any of the things that you suggest when Windows is not recognizing either my keyboard or my mouse?

I'll mention that I do intend to purchase a *wired* USB keyboard and mouse today and try them, but I'm not optimistic that they will be recognized by Windows either.

devnull, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Wired Mouse/Keyboard Turn Off When Windows Boots

replacing wireless keyboard & mouse w/wired both

Hello,

One of the possible reasons why you are getting this issue is that the device you're trying to install is not compatible with the version of Windows you're currently running. However, we still need to identify
    and isolate this issue you're experiencing. Kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of the wired keyboard and wired mouse you're using?
    • Do you get any error messages?
    • Have you checked all the keyboard's/mouse plugs to make sure that there are no loose connections?
    • What about connecting the mouse and the keyboard to your computer by using a different USB port?

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Wired Mouse/Keyboard Turn Off When Windows Boots

1. Wired Mouse/Keyboard Turn Off When Windows Boots - Similar Threads - Wired Mouse Keyboard

2. The computer turns on but boots then screen and keyboard and mouse go off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The computer turns on but boots then screen and keyboard and mouse go off: I have attempted to re-boot and also fresh reset and re-install windows 11 and seem to be running into an issue. When attempting to boot the computer goes to dell screen then goes black and the keyboard and mouse go off or unresposive along with the display. It will not boot...
  3. The computer turns on but boots then screen and keyboard and mouse go off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The computer turns on but boots then screen and keyboard and mouse go off: I have attempted to re-boot and also fresh reset and re-install windows 11 and seem to be running into an issue. When attempting to boot the computer goes to dell screen then goes black and the keyboard and mouse go off or unresposive along with the display. It will not boot...
  4. Mouse and keyboard turns off randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and keyboard turns off randomly: my mouse and keyboard turns off randomly sometimes also by audio for no reason idk was is causing this. Sometimes is just the mouse turns for a few seconds then sometimes my keyboard and mouse any idea why this happens also i checked my that my usb is not faulty....
  5. Mouse and keyboard turns off randomly

Mouse and keyboard turns off randomly: my mouse and keyboard turns off randomly sometimes also by audio for no reason idk was is causing this. Sometimes is just the mouse turns for a few seconds then sometimes my keyboard and mouse any idea why this happens also i checked my that my usb is not faulty....
  6. Keyboard and Mouse turn off on boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and Mouse turn off on boot: My keyboard and mouse are functioning, I have tried them on multiple devices and they work in the lenovo bios menu but do not work when I get to the log in screen to enter my pin. The keyboard and mouse are both wired and RGB so they light up when the computer is turned on...
  7. Keyboard and Mouse turn off on boot

Keyboard and Mouse turn off on boot: My keyboard and mouse are functioning, I have tried them on multiple devices and they work in the lenovo bios menu but do not work when I get to the log in screen to enter my pin. The keyboard and mouse are both wired and RGB so they light up when the computer is turned on...
  8. Keyboard and Mouse turn off on boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Mouse and Keyboard turning off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and Keyboard turning off: Hello, So for last few days I've had this problem with my keyboard which was turning off randomly and only way to fix it was reBoot. I've tried pretty much everything that I read on internet: Device Managerdrivers update/uninstall, disable power saving on each of them etc...
  10. Need help with wired keyboard/mouse shutting off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help with wired keyboard/mouse shutting off: I had an issue in the past with my usb headset turning off during my workshift from home after about 8 hours a while back and I found where to go to tell Windows to not turn it off. (I hope that made sense.) I know It's not in the normal Settings. I now have an issue with...