Windows 10: Wired Mouse not working and it seems to be because of Windows 10.

Discus and support Wired Mouse not working and it seems to be because of Windows 10. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My wired mouse is not working on neither my desktop nor my brand new laptop. Both have Windows 10. Very rarely will it work and only for one click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DSG2013, Sep 14, 2019.

1. DSG2013 Win User

Wired Mouse not working and it seems to be because of Windows 10.

My wired mouse is not working on neither my desktop nor my brand new laptop. Both have Windows 10.

Very rarely will it work and only for one click after I've tried to click multiple times.

It used to work on my desktop but after an update I believe, this started happening. I got a new mouse but it does the exact same thing.

I haven't been using my desktop because of it, because how can you use a desktop without a mouse.

Got a brand new laptop, HP Pavilion with Windows 10. The wired Mouse acts the same way. I have to fight with it.

Another thing, on both desktop and laptop, when the mouse does work, highlighting is complicated. I'll click and hold the button, but then the computer apparently lets go and if I'm in a document, it will jump what I had been interrupted in highlighting to where it lets go making it out of context or very confusing.

Please help! I am very frustrated with this. I'll try and contact support directly but it's the weekend currently.

:)

DSG2013, Sep 14, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 14, 2019
  3. FGohh Win User
    usb wired and wireless mouse stopped working

Wireless 2.4G mouse was working. Recently had a MS update and then the wireless mouse stopped working. Tried using a wired USB mouse and it too doesn't work. Using Device Manager, I am able to Uninstall the Dell USB Mouse that is listed under Other Devices
    which happens to be the wired mouse. Removing the USB connection and then plugging it back in, pops up a window Setting up Device followed by another pop up window indicated Device is Ready. However, the mouse still doesn't work.

Going back to the Device Manager, I can see the Device Status "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)"

Fortunately I am on an Asus laptop and under Mice and other pointing device, the Asus Supported Device still works which is the touchpad.

Really would be helpful if the wired or wireless mouse worked. By the way, same behavior applies for the Wireless mouse.

FGohh, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Wired Mouse not working and it seems to be because of Windows 10.

How do I change scroll direction of a mouse NOT listed under Mice?

Thanks; yes, those are great directions and did work to change the direction of the wired mouse that came with the computer. But the mouse I'm using doesn't show up as a mouse in the hardware list, so I can't follow the rest of those steps. I need the mouse to appear on the list of mice in order to complete this sequence.

salishsong, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

Wired Mouse not working and it seems to be because of Windows 10.

1. Wired Mouse not working and it seems to be because of Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Wired Mouse working

2. Wired Keyboard and Mouse are not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wired Keyboard and Mouse are not working: My wired Keyboard and mouse have stopped working and I have no idea why. I am using an HP 24 all in one PC. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wired-keyboard-and-mouse-are-not-working/71b9f286-b87b-4044-9884-2deb6481ddea
  3. Wired Mouse Not Recognised

Wired Mouse Not Recognised: My wired mouse was working fine and one day when i reconnected it it started to have this problem. I tried all the solutions like uninstalling the driver and reinstalling but didn't work even though mouse is being powered. Please Help! I Tried in different port didn't work...
  4. Wired Mouse not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wired Mouse not working: My wired gaming mouse is not working properly.....every day it works for few hours then suddenly the led starts blinking and cursor stop moving....it gets back to normal again after restarting the system ..but then again after few hours same thing happens. I've bought a new...
  5. Wired & Wireless Mouse stops working or keeps glitching, Windows 10

Wired & Wireless Mouse stops working or keeps glitching, Windows 10: I previously asked a question about my wired mouse not working, and even trying a wireless mouse not working. This is the link to that conversation:...
  6. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10: Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10 I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 --- Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me...
  7. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10: I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 --- Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated. Keyboard and Mouse are wired -...
  8. Wired Mouse and Keyboard Freeze in Windows 10

Wired Mouse and Keyboard Freeze in Windows 10: I have been having trouble with the subject for a few weeks. My solution is to press the off button. The computer then shuts down. I restart and the problem is solved. But then it can return. I went through the Windows Integrity checklist at...
  9. Wired and wireless mouse not working after reinstallation of windows

Wired and wireless mouse not working after reinstallation of windows: Everything else works. Lan card works, USB wired keyboard works, USB flash drives works. ONLY the most critical tool - MOUSE, either the wired one or the wireless one, I've tried different ports. It just returns with error message suggesting that the system couldn't detect...
  10. USB wired Mouse not working when I deleted Windows 10 because I thought I had a virus.

USB wired Mouse not working when I deleted Windows 10 because I thought I had a virus.: USB wired Mouse not working when I deleted Windows 10 because I thought I had a virus. I reinstalled WIndows 10 and theUSE wired mouse has stopped working, every thing else is good. The mouse works fine on another laptop????...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i tried to add a new wired razer usb mouse to my computer it says there is not enough power on my usb?