Windows 10: Wired network connection keeps dropping

Discus and support Wired network connection keeps dropping in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Let me start by saying I have made no changes to the network recently. Out of the blue my desktop started dropping connection. Or at least that is what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SJMaye, Nov 15, 2018.

1. SJMaye Win User

Wired network connection keeps dropping

Let me start by saying I have made no changes to the network recently. Out of the blue my desktop started dropping connection. Or at least that is what I will call it. I have a number of computers and streaming devices through the house. Nothing else has been affected. Today my desktop did something it has never done before. It is on a wired network connection and it just quit connecting to websites. The network icon in the systray was normal. No warning symbol. I tried the MS network troubleshooter. Nothing. I tried disabling and reenabling the network adapter. Nothing. I rebooted the computer and everything worked again. At least for a few hours. Then it did it again.

Today it dropped like that 3 or 4 times. Can someone give me some pointers to troubleshoot this?

:)

SJMaye, Nov 15, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Internet Connection Keeps Dropping

Hello, are you always connected to the same router - or are you skipping to others? Suggest disabling these settings:

Wired network connection keeps dropping [​IMG]

Also check your channel is not congested, and signal strength is adequate. There are freeware tools which can show you this information.

You might have to change band (frequency) - and in one scenario where someone was renting a place it was suggested the owner was restricting Wifi bandwidth...!

I'm sure others more experienced in these issues will comment.

dalchina, Nov 15, 2018
  3. Gramps Win User
    Internet connection dropping

I had already tried this and it did not work. I did find an updated driver for my adapter (Realtek) and so far no more problems. Thanks for the suggestion!

Gramps, Nov 15, 2018
  4. Erson Mag Win User

Connection keeps dropping

Hi,

If your internet connection in Windows 10 keeps dropping, click this
    link
    for troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Erson Mag, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Wired network connection keeps dropping - Similar Threads - Wired network connection

2. Wired Network connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Network connection.: Back in the early 2000’s, I ran ethernet to multiple computers in my house. For a while I was able to use it to do a lot of file and printer sharing in the home network, but for the last few years it’s been a lot more iffy, and I’m currently looking at my new Windows 11...
  3. Wired Network connection.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wired Network connection.: Back in the early 2000’s, I ran ethernet to multiple computers in my house. For a while I was able to use it to do a lot of file and printer sharing in the home network, but for the last few years it’s been a lot more iffy, and I’m currently looking at my new Windows 11...
  4. Wired Ethernet Connection keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Ethernet Connection keeps dropping: I have been experiencing some network adapter issues for a week or so now. My system is an ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 GA402RJ, and my network adapter is a Realtek USB GbE Family Connector according to Device Manager. This laptop does not have an Ethernet port so I am using an...
  5. Wired Ethernet Connection keeps dropping

Wired Ethernet Connection keeps dropping: I have been experiencing some network adapter issues for a week or so now. My system is an ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 GA402RJ, and my network adapter is a Realtek USB GbE Family Connector according to Device Manager. This laptop does not have an Ethernet port so I am using an...
  6. Network keeps dropping

Network keeps dropping: I have a very irritating problem. My network drops recently every 15 minutes and I dont know why. It is stable before and I dont have this issue with my other device in the house. This is a desktop connected with LAN cable. I tried to un plug and plug back in the cable but...
  7. network keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network keeps dropping: I just upgrade to Windows 11 and somehow I manage to get everything and I was able to work properly even the interface is quite different. The only problem I have is my internet is keeps dropping for a while i dont know which is causing the issue but I need stable internet....
  8. Laptop keeps dropping network connection.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop keeps dropping network connection.: I have an ASUS ROG laptop and whenever I am playing video games online, my WiFi would randomly drop until I exit out of the game and reconnect. I have experienced disconnections about 3 to 4 times yesterday and have been looking for solutions. This isn't my WiFi because...
  9. Wired PC internet connection keeps dropping then reconnecting randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wired PC internet connection keeps dropping then reconnecting randomly: New Dell All-in-One PC. Windows 10. Wired connection to new Talktalk router. Fibre service. Last week I was getting a download speed of around 20mbps with uninterrupted connection. Now my speed is only 10mbps -- and the connection keeps dropping out -- then coming back...
  10. Wired Ethernet connection keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wired Ethernet connection keeps dropping: Suddenly for NO REASON Windows 10 drops the ethernet to "unidentified network" "No internet". The network utility comes back and gives a DNS error. I can ping out by IP address, I can ping the router- I CAN'T send a browser to the router's internal address for management-...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when logged on to a wired network computer keeps getting dropped or diconnected to network

2. wired network connection dropped

3. wired network connection drop