Windows 10: Wired Network Connection Lost After PC Randomly Restarted

Discus and support Wired Network Connection Lost After PC Randomly Restarted in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was watching a youtube video when my desktop PC decided to restart. When it booted back up I no longer had a wired connection.Steps I've taken to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DucksOnQuackG, Mar 31, 2023.

1. Wired Network Connection Lost After PC Randomly Restarted

I was watching a youtube video when my desktop PC decided to restart. When it booted back up I no longer had a wired connection.Steps I've taken to repair the issue some tried multiple times and in various ordersPower cycled modem and routerChecked for router firmware updates.Uninstalled my network adapter's driver, reinstalled, tried updating to latest from mobo manufacture website.Clean Installed Windows.Updated Mobo BiosHooked up a brand new Cat7 network cable.Tried plugging the desktop straight into the modem to bypass router.Ran all cmd commands to reset winsock, flush dns, release ip,

:)

DucksOnQuackG, Mar 31, 2023

2. Lost internet connection after connecting TV and PC

Hi Sam,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you using wired or wireless connection?
    I suggest you to run network troubleshooter and check if it helps. It is an automated tool which can find and automatically fix some common networking problems. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.

• In the search box, type Troubleshooter and then click
      Troubleshooting.

• Under Network and Internet.

• Click on Network adaptor and Click on Next button.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Mar 31, 2023
  3. Aquinus Win User
    Windows 10 Ethernet connection randomly disconnects

I suggest checking out the event log in Windows. It's likely going to tell you why (to some degree,) why the network connection was lost. I haven't had this issue with wired connections but, with wireless it has almost always come down to drivers or a strange software bug which boiled down to how the driver operates.

Aquinus, Mar 31, 2023
  4. Wired Network Connection Lost After PC Randomly Restarted

Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Mar 31, 2023
Thema:

Wired Network Connection Lost After PC Randomly Restarted

1. Wired Network Connection Lost After PC Randomly Restarted - Similar Threads - Wired Network Connection

2. Wired Network connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Network connection.: Back in the early 2000’s, I ran ethernet to multiple computers in my house. For a while I was able to use it to do a lot of file and printer sharing in the home network, but for the last few years it’s been a lot more iffy, and I’m currently looking at my new Windows 11...
  3. Wired Network connection.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wired Network connection.: Back in the early 2000’s, I ran ethernet to multiple computers in my house. For a while I was able to use it to do a lot of file and printer sharing in the home network, but for the last few years it’s been a lot more iffy, and I’m currently looking at my new Windows 11...
  4. Wired Network Connection Lost After PC Randomly Restarted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Network Connection Lost After PC Randomly Restarted: I was watching a youtube video when my desktop PC decided to restart. When it booted back up I no longer had a wired connection.Steps I've taken to repair the issue some tried multiple times and in various ordersPower cycled modem and routerChecked for router firmware...
  5. Wired Network Connection Lost After PC Randomly Restarted

Wired Network Connection Lost After PC Randomly Restarted: I was watching a youtube video when my desktop PC decided to restart. When it booted back up I no longer had a wired connection.Steps I've taken to repair the issue some tried multiple times and in various ordersPower cycled modem and routerChecked for router firmware...
  6. Lost network connection after I restarted my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost network connection after I restarted my laptop: I lost internet connection after I restarted my laptop, how can I get back online https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-network-connection-after-i-restarted-my/f09e1c9a-b173-4e46-b393-6b1e0275c4c5
  7. Lost network connection after I restarted my laptop

Lost network connection after I restarted my laptop: I lost internet connection after I restarted my laptop, how can I get back online https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-network-connection-after-i-restarted-my/f09e1c9a-b173-4e46-b393-6b1e0275c4c5
  8. W10 does not reconnect to wired network after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 does not reconnect to wired network after restart: I'm not sure that it was after an update but it might have been. I have a wired network connecting to a NAS and another PC. I am finding that when I boot up, the network connection has not been restored properly, so that I cannot see the NAS and the other PC in Explorer and I...
  9. W10 does not reconnect to wired network after restart

W10 does not reconnect to wired network after restart: I'm not sure that it was after an update but it might have been. I have a wired network connecting to a NAS and another PC. I am finding that when I boot up, the network connection has not been restored properly, so that I cannot see the NAS and the other PC in Explorer and I...
  10. W10 does not reconnect to wired network after restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing