Windows 10: Wired Network continually connects and disconnects

Discus and support Wired Network continually connects and disconnects in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I just got back from a vacation today and my computer refuses to let me stay on my network. The network itself is fine as I have 2 other computers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AHamsterPig, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Wired Network continually connects and disconnects

So I just got back from a vacation today and my computer refuses to let me stay on my network. The network itself is fine as I have 2 other computers that are using it as I type this. I've never had a problem like this before and I've been using this computer for a couple years now.

I updated my routers firmware and reset it with the button in the back to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

AHamsterPig, Aug 14, 2017

2. Ethernet Lan automatically disconnect and reconnect

I have problem with my ethernet lan.

whenever i open my laptop and connect to ethernet lan it continuously disconnect and reconnect for several times.

also, it does not connect to the network. every time i have to open troubleshooting problems>internet connection to connect to network. even after connecting to network after few hours and sometimes few minutes it disconnect and show unidentified network.

if i remove and insert my lan wire it again disconnect and reconnect for few times and show unidentified network.

to connect to network i have to use troubleshooting again in network and sharing options to connect to network.

i am facing this problem for last 3 to 4 days. i also tried reinstalling my drivers but no help.

i recently upgraded to windows 10 from windows 8.1.

i am using lenovo G505s.

vishal dixit, Aug 14, 2017
  3. WiFi network connection is disconnecting continuously

Hello Team,

I didn't resolve the problem. I mentioned that i troubleshooted my system as you mentioned. But till now problem is not resolved. I am using my system with same problem now also (WiFi disconnecting automatically).

chakrigonuguntla, Aug 14, 2017
  4. Wired Network continually connects and disconnects

Hi AHamsterPig. Welcome to the TenForums @AHamsterPig

Please find your NIC adapter in Device manager. Right click and select properties. There should be a Power Mgmt tab. Click on it.
    There is likely a check mark beside the line that says something like,"Allow the computer to shutoff this device to save power".

Remove the check mark and test.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 14, 2017
  5. Thanks for the welcome! Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately that didn't seem to work. Troubleshooting the problem acts as if the ethernet is not even connected. Could this be a failing mobo? Or maybe the ethernet cable is broken?

AHamsterPig, Aug 17, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    Lets see whats going on

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.
    Downloading MiniToolBox

Checkmark following boxes:

Flush DNS
    Reset FF proxy Settings
    Reset Ie Proxy Settings
    Report IE Proxy Settings
    Report FF Proxy Settings
    List content of Hosts
    List IP configuration
    List Winsock Entries
    List last 10 Event Viewer log
    List Installed Programs
    List Users, Partitions and Memory size
    List Devices (problems only)

Click Go and post the result.

Samuria, Aug 17, 2017
  7. There ya go.

Also oddly enough I woke up today and it doesn't seem to disconnect as often. I still get hiccups here and there but for the most part it's not too bad. I troubleshot the problem a bit earlier while it was acting up and this time it said "the DNS server is not responding." I'm much more hardware savvy than with networks so I have no idea what that means.

AHamsterPig, Aug 17, 2017
  8. wyldman68 Win User

Wired Network continually connects and disconnects

Maybe you should use the Google DNS server 8.8.8.8, to see if your ISP DNS server is having issues. I changed off of my ISPs DNS server because of that problem.

wyldman68, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Wired Network continually connects and disconnects

1. Wired Network continually connects and disconnects - Similar Threads - Wired Network continually

2. Wired Network connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Network connection.: Back in the early 2000’s, I ran ethernet to multiple computers in my house. For a while I was able to use it to do a lot of file and printer sharing in the home network, but for the last few years it’s been a lot more iffy, and I’m currently looking at my new Windows 11...
  3. Wired Network connection.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wired Network connection.: Back in the early 2000’s, I ran ethernet to multiple computers in my house. For a while I was able to use it to do a lot of file and printer sharing in the home network, but for the last few years it’s been a lot more iffy, and I’m currently looking at my new Windows 11...
  4. Continuous device connect and disconnect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continuous device connect and disconnect: My computer is trying to do a device connect/disconnect every few seconds. There are no problems on the device driver. I have updated the management engine software and the graphics driver. I have managed to stop the chiming, but the screen flickers. the event viewer is...
  5. Continuous device connect and disconnect

Continuous device connect and disconnect: My computer is trying to do a device connect/disconnect every few seconds. There are no problems on the device driver. I have updated the management engine software and the graphics driver. I have managed to stop the chiming, but the screen flickers. the event viewer is...
  6. Continuous device connect and disconnect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Wired network disconnects intermitently, no obvious reasons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired network disconnects intermitently, no obvious reasons: Hello,thank You in advance for Your time and effort.My computer stops receiving data from internet randomly. Sometimes it works for 3 days without problem. Sometimes it stops receiving 3 times in an half hour. Yesterday it had a record of 5-6 for the day while I was working...
  8. Wired network disconnects intermitently, no obvious reasons

Wired network disconnects intermitently, no obvious reasons: Hello,thank You in advance for Your time and effort.My computer stops receiving data from internet randomly. Sometimes it works for 3 days without problem. Sometimes it stops receiving 3 times in an half hour. Yesterday it had a record of 5-6 for the day while I was working...
  9. Wired network disconnects intermitently, no obvious reasons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Wifi network disconnects when wired network is attached

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi network disconnects when wired network is attached: Hi, I am currently struggling with the following problem: I have a Windows 10 Pro computer that has wired internet connection to the office network. And on top of that I need the computer to ALSO connect to my Sonoff Relay (ESP8266 Soft Access Point) over WiFi. So I...