Windows 10: wired network printer(s) not always awaken

Discus and support wired network printer(s) not always awaken in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Using two HP printers, wired but behind a wireless router, I cannot always call either printer to print. All is up to date All are wired/cat5e... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tlfmd, Oct 27, 2019.

1. tlfmd Win User

wired network printer(s) not always awaken

Using two HP printers, wired but behind a wireless router, I cannot always call either printer to print.

All is up to date

All are wired/cat5e cabling.

Fix is to turn off, turn back on.

Occasionally, the printer in use will go offline during a print job or between jobs.

Usually, a wirelwss connection can be made when the wired is hesitant.

Sometimes, the job will print 1/2 - 3 hours later

HP Laseerjet Pro 400 color m451dn

HP ColorLaserJet Pro MFP 277dw

:)

tlfmd, Oct 27, 2019

2. Network Printer NOT RECOGNIZED!

Hi Laura,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Is your printer is connected to wired or wireless network?

• Are you able to view your printer on your network location?
    I would suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Printer.

• Follow the on screen instruction.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Unable to print to a network printer when connected to both wireless and wired networks

Hi Eileen,

• As far as i'm aware nothing has changed
    • i have only tried to send test pages to the network printer so im assuming so yes
    • wireless printer works fine when connected to both networks. However the wifi doesn't connect auto when an Ethernet connection is established this has to be manually connected.
    I have tried the following:

• updated the print driver
    • changed the network port it was plugged into
    • ran windows updates
    • configured with a static
    • changed the wifi and Ethernet priority
    I will run through the trouble shoot steps as suggest and come back to you.

FYI - he has a number of extenders dotted around, a collegue mentioned it could be a subnet issue?

thanks, Ben

BenDavies12333, Oct 27, 2019
  4. wired network printer(s) not always awaken

Unable to print to a network printer when connected to both wireless and wired networks

Hi Ben,

Your printer may not connect properly due to incorrect printer or network sharing settings. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes in the settings prior to experiencing the issue?
    • Does this issue only happen when trying to print a certain document or it happens to all of them?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying use the wireless printer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this link.
    The methods provided on the link also includes the steps on how to run the troubleshooter that may help to resolve the issue.

For any results, just send us a reply.

Eileen Gal, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

wired network printer(s) not always awaken

1. wired network printer(s) not always awaken - Similar Threads - wired network printer

2. Wired Network connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Network connection.: Back in the early 2000’s, I ran ethernet to multiple computers in my house. For a while I was able to use it to do a lot of file and printer sharing in the home network, but for the last few years it’s been a lot more iffy, and I’m currently looking at my new Windows 11...
  3. Wired Network connection.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wired Network connection.: Back in the early 2000’s, I ran ethernet to multiple computers in my house. For a while I was able to use it to do a lot of file and printer sharing in the home network, but for the last few years it’s been a lot more iffy, and I’m currently looking at my new Windows 11...
  4. Is there an HP Wired Inkjet Printer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there an HP Wired Inkjet Printer?: I'm in the market for a new printer. My Canon which I had 2 years died on me because of the ink absorber.I used to buy HP inkjet printers all the time, but then I saw that the newer ones relied on the internet & wireless and didn't want it.Is there a "wired" HP inkjet...
  5. Is there an HP Wired Inkjet Printer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there an HP Wired Inkjet Printer?: I'm in the market for a new printer. My Canon which I had 2 years died on me because of the ink absorber.I used to buy HP inkjet printers all the time, but then I saw that the newer ones relied on the internet & wireless and didn't want it.Is there a "wired" HP inkjet...
  6. How to turn a Wired Printer into a Wireless Printer

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn a Wired Printer into a Wireless Printer: You have a wired printer sitting at home, but deep down, you’re most interested in having a wireless printer instead. The problem is, you do not have the extra cash to purchase that wireless printer, so what are your options? How to turn a Wired Printer into a Wireless...
  7. Help with my Win10's on a wired home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with my Win10's on a wired home network: I have 2 ea Win10s Home and 1 Win7 Pro on a wired home network. The 2 Win10s can see the Win7 just fine but they can't see each other. The Win7 can't see either Win10. Neither Win10 shows up as an icon in the "This PC" screeen. The network troubleshooter page say "No...
  8. Wired Network

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wired Network: Centurylink4343 is connected to my IP Address When I log in so do they I see the link go up the side of my house To a house address that dose not exist ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/wired-network/555bb853-f7fb-4a7b-9565-1a1ae230beb2
  9. Wired and WIFI Networks

Wired and WIFI Networks: Helloooo! I hope everyone is happy and healthy during these strange times! This is my first post, and I am a relative noob, so please be gentle :) I fully expect I might need to get someone in, for this problem. I am not trying avoid paying anyone. But seeing as I cant get...
  10. Wired Network

Wired Network: Hi SOrry if this has been asked before but I want to delete my Network and start a fresh. Can't for the life of me find how to do this. Any help or tips? 38180