Windows 10: Wired PC internet connection keeps dropping then reconnecting randomly

Discus and support Wired PC internet connection keeps dropping then reconnecting randomly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; New Dell All-in-One PC. Windows 10. Wired connection to new Talktalk router. Fibre service. Last week I was getting a download speed of around 20mbps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PeterDaltony, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Wired PC internet connection keeps dropping then reconnecting randomly

New Dell All-in-One PC. Windows 10. Wired connection to new Talktalk router. Fibre service.

Last week I was getting a download speed of around 20mbps with uninterrupted connection.

Now my speed is only 10mbps -- and the connection keeps dropping out -- then coming back on. It carries on like that with no steady service.

The only thing that changed prior to this was a Windows update -- and I installed a driver for a Wacom device. Concerned that it was this last change that has wrecked my connection I uninstalled the Wacom driver. But it has not helped.

I am only getting half the previous speed and a dysfunctioning connection.

At one point I got an error message saying the ethernet cable had been disconnected! another time I dashed into setting and found wi fi had been randomly turned on. My wi fis connection speed is also 10mbps -- the same as it was before this current situation.

Hope some of these screenshots might help:

Wired PC internet connection keeps dropping then reconnecting randomly 4bc2392b-5c27-436e-a7f1-9e4d97da7507?upload=true.jpg

Wired PC internet connection keeps dropping then reconnecting randomly 0654110c-30bd-4f81-8cf9-b64ea8ef45c7?upload=true.jpg

:)

PeterDaltony, Jul 13, 2019
  2. altae Win User

My internet keeps dropping out!

I suggest you connect your laptop to the router with a ethernet cable. If the wired connection is stable you know that there is nothing wrong with the internet connection itself and with your LAN. Next step would be to go to the website of your laptop manufacturer and look for the latest WLAN drivers. Install them and test whether it improves the reliability of your WLAN connection. Then post back the results.

altae, Jul 13, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Internet Connection Keeps Dropping

Hello, are you always connected to the same router - or are you skipping to others? Suggest disabling these settings:

Wired PC internet connection keeps dropping then reconnecting randomly [​IMG]

Also check your channel is not congested, and signal strength is adequate. There are freeware tools which can show you this information.

You might have to change band (frequency) - and in one scenario where someone was renting a place it was suggested the owner was restricting Wifi bandwidth...!

I'm sure others more experienced in these issues will comment.

dalchina, Jul 13, 2019
  4. Wired PC internet connection keeps dropping then reconnecting randomly

wifi keeps dropping/disconnecting and reconnecting randomly

the Wifi on my laptop keeps dropping to just one bar and i can't connect to the internet, and then return to normal after a few seconds. sometimes after dropping to one bar the wifi disconnected or it says "no internet access", and then reconnects itself
    again (but sometimes if this one happens i i have to reconnect manually). some other times this happens continuously, drop-disconnected-reconnect-drop-disconnect-reconnect etc.

but when i went to my cousin's home and use his wifi, this does not happen (or so it seems). at first i thought the problem was from my internet provider, but when i checked my phone everything's normal and not disconnected or anything.

i have tried some solutions like changing the power management and resetting the wifi autoconfig service but nothing happened. my wifi drivers are already up to date. i also did a full scan with antivirus (avast) but nothing came up.

my laptop is Asus X550JX

any help will be appreciated, thank you.

MichaelKristian, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

Wired PC internet connection keeps dropping then reconnecting randomly

1. Wired PC internet connection keeps dropping then reconnecting randomly - Similar Threads - Wired internet connection

2. Wired Ethernet Connection keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Ethernet Connection keeps dropping: I have been experiencing some network adapter issues for a week or so now. My system is an ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 GA402RJ, and my network adapter is a Realtek USB GbE Family Connector according to Device Manager. This laptop does not have an Ethernet port so I am using an...
  3. Wired Ethernet Connection keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wired Ethernet Connection keeps dropping: I have been experiencing some network adapter issues for a week or so now. My system is an ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 GA402RJ, and my network adapter is a Realtek USB GbE Family Connector according to Device Manager. This laptop does not have an Ethernet port so I am using an...
  4. Windows 10 Wired Ethernet Connect Drops Occassionally and Reconnects

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Wired Ethernet Connect Drops Occassionally and Reconnects: This has been going on for a while now. And I want to preface this with I am pretty positive it's nothing to do with my ISP because I have an aftermarket wireless card that works just fine although when gaming on wireless I do get packet loss which from my reading is normal....
  5. Internet Connection keeps on dropping

Internet Connection keeps on dropping: I just got a new PC and use an ethernet cable for connecting to the internet. Well the internet keeps on losing connection every 20 seconds. I tried restarting my router, my PC and I also unplugged and plugged the cable multiple times but nothing seems to have fixed the...
  6. Internet connection keeps dropping

Internet connection keeps dropping: My internet connection keeps dropping. I have changed my network to private, changed my hardware settings to not allow computer to turn off my network card, I have updated my driver for my network card. The problem only happens on this windows 10 computer, all of my other...
  7. Wired Ethernet connection keeps dropping

Wired Ethernet connection keeps dropping: Suddenly for NO REASON Windows 10 drops the ethernet to "unidentified network" "No internet". The network utility comes back and gives a DNS error. I can ping out by IP address, I can ping the router- I CAN'T send a browser to the router's internal address for management-...
  8. Wired network connection keeps dropping

Wired network connection keeps dropping: Let me start by saying I have made no changes to the network recently. Out of the blue my desktop started dropping connection. Or at least that is what I will call it. I have a number of computers and streaming devices through the house. Nothing else has been affected. Today...
  9. wifi keeps dropping/disconnecting and reconnecting randomly

wifi keeps dropping/disconnecting and reconnecting randomly: the Wifi on my laptop keeps dropping to just one bar and i can't connect to the internet, and then return to normal after a few seconds. sometimes after dropping to one bar the wifi disconnected or it says "no internet access", and then reconnects itself again (but sometimes...
  10. Internet Connection Keeps Dropping

Internet Connection Keeps Dropping: I appreciate that this is a common Internet topic but I simply can't find a solution. Before upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 I ran the check which advised that my system is compatible and then updated it. Everything ran fine for about a day, but since then my Wifi Internet...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internet connection dropping in and out

2. wired connection keeps disconnecting on windows 10

3. laptop dropping internet with wired in phone

4. wired connection keeps dropping