Windows 10: Wired USB mouse and wireless keyboard not working in a specific USB port

Discus and support Wired USB mouse and wireless keyboard not working in a specific USB port in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been having this problem now where a USB port doesn't work with my wireless keyboard and wired mouse, I can't do anything with computer hardware,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ԧ, Aug 13, 2021.

1. Ԧ
    Ԧ Win User

Wired USB mouse and wireless keyboard not working in a specific USB port

I've been having this problem now where a USB port doesn't work with my wireless keyboard and wired mouse, I can't do anything with computer hardware, so don't tell me to replace it or something, this USB port is on the right of the laptop, and the 'alternative' one I'm using to type this is on the back, which has only 1 USB plug-in thingy. This is not a problem with these devices, hence why the keyboard works when I plug it into that other USB port.

:)

2. Why isn't my m325 wireless mouse connected to pc?

I did all the steps, except the wired keyboard and mouse step, since I am using a laptop. After all the steps it still doesn't work. Also I can't see my cursor and can't move it.

Non PC Expert, Aug 13, 2021
  3. SRNonStop Win User
    Mouse problem - No mice work, wireless or wired

On Windows 10, after previously working just fine, a reboot has rendered any and all mouse devices non-responsive. Only the touchpad works. I have tried numerous steps already...

1) Tried the mouse on another computer. Both wired and wireless work on other PCs, but not on the PC in question.

2) Tried a different USB port, none work despite recognizing the USB device and installing drivers.

3) Safe mode is no different. I have uninstalled the 3 Human Interface devices and allowed Windows to re-install them.

4) I have a wireless keyboard that shares the wireless mouse USB port, the keyboard works but the mouse does not.

5) I have checked for Windows updates, none are available.

6) I have rebooted, restarted and tried again numerous times.

7) Neither wired nor wireless work, on any or all USB ports. Other devices work in these same USB ports.

How can I restore mouse functionality that previously worked?

SRNonStop, Aug 13, 2021
  4. FGohh Win User

usb wired and wireless mouse stopped working

Wireless 2.4G mouse was working. Recently had a MS update and then the wireless mouse stopped working. Tried using a wired USB mouse and it too doesn't work. Using Device Manager, I am able to Uninstall the Dell USB Mouse that is listed under Other Devices
    which happens to be the wired mouse. Removing the USB connection and then plugging it back in, pops up a window Setting up Device followed by another pop up window indicated Device is Ready. However, the mouse still doesn't work.

Going back to the Device Manager, I can see the Device Status "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)"

Fortunately I am on an Asus laptop and under Mice and other pointing device, the Asus Supported Device still works which is the touchpad.

Really would be helpful if the wired or wireless mouse worked. By the way, same behavior applies for the Wireless mouse.

FGohh, Aug 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Wired USB mouse and wireless keyboard not working in a specific USB port - Similar Threads - Wired USB mouse

2. I have old wireless mouse and wired usb keyboard, now I want to convert wired usb keybord...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have old wireless mouse and wired usb keyboard, now I want to convert wired usb keybord...: I have old wireless mouse and wired usb keyboard, now I want to convert wired usb keybord into wireless keyboard using old wireless mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-old-wireless-mouse-and-wired-usb-keyboard/10374cd6-70c9-46fe-84d8-573dea872473
  3. External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...: So I have this legion 5 pro laptop and as what the title says, one of the usb port at the back is not recognizing my external keyboard or mouse.It started around January and got it fixed by then. Lenovo replaced the motherboard which fixed the problem. They think it was bad...
  4. External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...

External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...: So I have this legion 5 pro laptop and as what the title says, one of the usb port at the back is not recognizing my external keyboard or mouse.It started around January and got it fixed by then. Lenovo replaced the motherboard which fixed the problem. They think it was bad...
  5. Usb wireless mouse not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb wireless mouse not working: Hello,For the last few days I have been having trouble with my USB wireless mouse when using my pc with a second screen.Once an application is open I can use my mouse to access some of the apps functions but cannot close it. The mouse also cannot be used on the...
  6. Usb wireless mouse not working

Usb wireless mouse not working: Hello,For the last few days I have been having trouble with my USB wireless mouse when using my pc with a second screen.Once an application is open I can use my mouse to access some of the apps functions but cannot close it. The mouse also cannot be used on the...
  7. Usb wireless mouse not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working: ladies and gents of the community. Can you please explain to me how to follow solutions on this question/ I ask about a solution for "mouse and keyboard usb ports not working in dual booted windows 7" . The usb ports , the mouse and keyboard are working when boot up in...
  9. usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working

usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working: ladies and gents of the community. Can you please explain to me how to follow solutions on this question/ I ask about a solution for "mouse and keyboard usb ports not working in dual booted windows 7" . The usb ports , the mouse and keyboard are working when boot up in...
  10. Wireless keyboard and mouse stopped working on certain USB ports.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wireless keyboard and mouse stopped working on certain USB ports.: submitted by /u/Darth_Adas [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fqi8l8/wireless_keyboard_and_mouse_stopped_working_on/