Windows 10: Wired USB Mouse not stopped functioning again & Cursor occasionally double clicks randomly.

Discus and support Wired USB Mouse not stopped functioning again & Cursor occasionally double clicks randomly. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Targus Compact mouse has seized up again (this happened before with an older laptop I used) and started to disconnect and reconnect rapidly before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SomeoneZP, Oct 4, 2019.

1. SomeoneZP Win User

Wired USB Mouse not stopped functioning again & Cursor occasionally double clicks randomly.

My Targus Compact mouse has seized up again (this happened before with an older laptop I used) and started to disconnect and reconnect rapidly before it has completely stopped effecting the cursor. It still receives power from the USB port but won't connect and I have tried all of these:

Uninstalling all mice and restarting in Device Manager

Updating laptop BIOS

Checking for drivers on Targus website (Only returned useless user manual on downloads page)

Several searches for similar issues that end up not being answered or not matching my situation.

Uninstalling USB Root Hub

Checking the USB port

Using sfc /scannow & DisM Checker with Admin privileges.

Checking troubleshooter (nothing showed up relating to the mouse)

I haven't done anything relating to the internals or Windows restore, I'd like to avoid using them, is there anything else that may help or should I simply get a new mouse?

:)

SomeoneZP, Oct 4, 2019
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

Mouse started double clicking on single click file randomly.

Hi KathZ,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)
    • Does this issue occur on a different mouse?

This issue happens, if there is mouse/hardware issue or it can be settings issue. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps as mentioned below:

Method 1: Restore the defaults.

1. Press Windows
      and E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Go to View tab on the top.
    3. Click on Options > Click on Change folder and Search options.
    4. Click on Restore Defaults.
      Click on Apply and Ok.

Method 2: Change the Mouse settings.

1. Click on the Settings icon from the start menu.
    2. Click on Devices > Click on Mouse from the left panel of the window.
    3. Click on Additional Mouse Options from the right pane.
    4. This will open the Mouse Properties window, go to Buttons tab.
    5. Under the Double click speed, drag the slider to the left to slow down the double click speed.
    6. Next, go to Pointer options tab, uncheck the "Enhance Pointer Precision" to
      disable pointer precision to slow down the mouse.

For more information, I would suggest you to follow the
    steps
    provided in the post on 'Windows 10 mouse has started double clicking on single click randomly'.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Wolfe9999 Win User
    Issues with Win 10 Dell Desktop and wired mouse

I am having issues with my Win10 Dell Machine and my dell wired mouse. The mouse is randomly double clicking on a single click and right clicking on a left click. I have already done the basic steps as listed below.

1>Restarting the machine

2> Removing mouse and plugging it back in.

3> Moved mouse to different USB port.

4>Removed drivers for mouse and rebooted machine.

If this is the improvements Win10 brought I will happily revert back to Win7 without needless crap like Cortana(That you can't simply uninstall).

Wolfe9999, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Oulchura Win User

Wired USB Mouse not stopped functioning again & Cursor occasionally double clicks randomly.

Mouse pointer randomly stops

For quite awhile, I've been encountering a mouse pointer problem on my PC (Windows 10), and its driving me nuts *Mad because it never happened while I was on Windows 7.

The cursor occassionally or randomly stops moving when I move the mouse consistently.

Demonstration: https://i.imgur.com/03kbZJx.gifv

In the demonstration, I moved my mouse consistently towards right, but cursor stops moving at few instances while my mouse is still moving. To put this into what it feels like, it feels like something is pulling or stopping the cursor randomly, if cursor is stuck, it won't move if I move the mouse less than 2mm in all directions but it will move if I move the mouse greater than 2mm in all directions. Sometimes it happens more often and sometimes it happens less.

My mouse is Logitech G502, I believe my mouse has no problem because I tried it with my laptop (Same OS and Mouse driver) and it worked perfectly fine.

My mouse driver don't need update. (HID-compliant mouse, 10.0.10586.0)
    My GPU driver don't need update. (NVIDIA, 10.18.13.6519)
    I don't have Logitech Gaming Software installed.
    I tried different USB ports (2.0 or 3.0) and it makes no difference.
    The problem still happens in safe mode.
    Reinstalling Windows shall be my last resort.

Any suggestions?

Oulchura, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Wired USB Mouse not stopped functioning again & Cursor occasionally double clicks randomly. - Similar Threads - Wired USB Mouse

2. Mouse Random Double Click Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Random Double Click Problem: My mouse has started double clicking problem randomly from a while now, it happens at windows in generalI've already tried updating drivers, reinstalling drivers and unplugging and plugging it back in, none solved the problem....
  3. Mouse Random Double Click Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Random Double Click Problem: My mouse has started double clicking problem randomly from a while now, it happens at windows in generalI've already tried updating drivers, reinstalling drivers and unplugging and plugging it back in, none solved the problem....
  4. Mouse Random Double Click Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB mouse double click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB mouse double click: my mouse dbl clicks on it's own after my PC updated. i run Windows 10. Fix anyone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-mouse-double-click/800a6444-036f-4890-a389-eef9077a3fc3
  6. USB mouse double click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB mouse double click: my mouse dbl clicks on it's own after my PC updated. i run Windows 10. Fix anyone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-mouse-double-click/800a6444-036f-4890-a389-eef9077a3fc3
  7. USB mouse double click

8. Mouse Random Double Click Bug

Mouse Random Double Click Bug: My mouse has started double clicking randomly from a while now, it happens at windows in general, Chrome, Win Explorer, VLC, it's like it happens in the OS. I've already tried changing the mouse, updating drivers, reinstalling drivers and unplugging and plugging it back in,...
  9. Mouse occasionally double clicks - Windows 10

Mouse occasionally double clicks - Windows 10: I'm using an Inphic brand Mouse and I've enjoyed it for a little less than a year at the time I am typing this. The mouse worked great for this entire near-year up until a few days ago, the mouse started gradually increasing the chance that when I make a click, the mouse...
  10. Mouse randomly double-clicking on single click

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse randomly double-clicking on single click: Hi there. I have a generic logitech mouse and since I moved to Windows 10, it's been behaving really weirdly. I am not sure if its the issue with the mouse or is it due to something on Windows 10. When I click on an icon on the desktop with a single click, it sometimes...