Windows 10: Wired v. Wireless. Please advise.

Discus and support Wired v. Wireless. Please advise. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Like millions of others, I need to replace my 10 year-old Windows 7 desktop. Researching everywhere imaginable, I see that "wireless" mice and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Grandpa Jim, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Wired v. Wireless. Please advise.

Like millions of others, I need to replace my 10 year-old Windows 7 desktop. Researching everywhere imaginable, I see that "wireless" mice and keyboards are the "in" thing. Wired desktops and all-in-ones are becoming hard to find.
    I am so used to my trusty (wired) HP desktop that I am inclined to stay wired, and I like the idea of the all-in-one. Why have to turn keyboard and mouse on and off every day?
    Yet I notice that in Best Buy's accessories section there is ONE wired mouse and dozens of wireless mice, in an array of shapes, sizes--and prices. Likewise with keyboards. So apparently people are replacing their wired mice with wireless ones. My question is why.
    There must be some advantage in going wireless. Are they faster? More accurate? Is it actually necessary to turn them on and off every day? How often do batteries have to be replaced? If I purchased a wireless pc, could I change it to wired if I were inclined to do so? I'd like to understand. And would appreciate some advice.

:)

Grandpa Jim, Nov 10, 2019
  2. Mussels Win User

Wired or wireless?

RC is going to suggest you grab an expensive amped wireless AP.

i suggest something cheap, my preferred brand is TP link.

Mussels, Nov 10, 2019
  3. microsoft wired wireless optical desktop receiver2.1 mouse

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the Microsoft wireless optical desktop receiver 2.1 mouse. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the model number of the Optical mouse?

Meanwhile, please try the methods as referred in this article except
    method 4: Troubleshoot a wireless mouse
    that does not function correctly

In addition, we would also suggest you to perform the steps as mentioned in these article:

I have trouble connecting my wired/wireless
    device

My mouse isn't working

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 10, 2019
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Wired v. Wireless. Please advise.

Wireless to Wired...

Hi,

A wired network connects devices to the Internet or other network using cables. The most common wired networks use cables connected to Ethernet ports
    on the network router on one end and to a computer or other device on the cable's opposite end.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• What is the build and version of Windows that you’re using? To check, type
      winver in the Search box, select the resulting command and send us a screenshot of the information window.
    • What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
    • What is the make and model of your device?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

Wired v. Wireless. Please advise.

1. Wired v. Wireless. Please advise. - Similar Threads - Wired Wireless Please

2. Headphones not working: wireless and wired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones not working: wireless and wired: a long time ago i unplugged my headphones form the audio jack and then after i replugged them i couldnt hear anything, i restarted, shut down, updated audio drivers, ran windows diagnostics, ran wystem file checker but it still doesnt work. strange thing is its the same thing...
  3. Headphones not working: wireless and wired

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones not working: wireless and wired: a long time ago i unplugged my headphones form the audio jack and then after i replugged them i couldnt hear anything, i restarted, shut down, updated audio drivers, ran windows diagnostics, ran wystem file checker but it still doesnt work. strange thing is its the same thing...
  4. Blocking External storage - please advise!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blocking External storage - please advise!: Recently, I got permission from my management to block external storage for all the users using Bitdefender in the organisation and implemented it. After implementing it, some users complained that they have some files in their hard disk and some of them use pen-drive for...
  5. Can anyone advise please - W10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can anyone advise please - W10: W10 in it’s entirety. Having tried this Op System since February this year- There are so many reasons why this doesn’t function to my satisfaction. Other Users have expressed, in a clear itemised way on other sites & blogs why they are unhappy with W10 - that I...
  6. Please Advise Me

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Please Advise Me: Hi, Please advise me , i received Message About activate Win.10, I Have the same p.c. serial No. Same Microsoft Account . So ,what is the problem? Thank you for your reply...
  7. wired to wireless connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wired to wireless connect: currently I have two ISPs. one that I've connected to "internet" via ethernet wire. I have a second ISP that I can connect to wirelessly. How do I change from the current wired connection to the wireless connection, Win 10 64....
  8. BlueScreen Error - Please advise

BlueScreen Error - Please advise: Hi, My windows 10 PC keeps keeps restarting to due to Bluescreen errors. Tends to happen when I'm not even using my PC. PC is up to date with updates. Please help if possible. Thanks so much. I can provide minidump file at a later stage. Thanks. Mark Error message:...
  9. update outlook mail,,,please advise.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update outlook mail,,,please advise.: I am having a difficult time updating Outlook mail . New HP Stream Windows 10. I have updated and have the correct password and Ive registered my certificate twice. I still can not receive any new mail since end of Aug. My main concern is,,,,I purchased WordPress Peronal...
  10. BSOD Registry-Error. Please Advise

BSOD Registry-Error. Please Advise: Hello, I'm hoping I can get some assistance in addressing the BSOD I've been receiving lately. The reason stated is Registry_Error but no specific code is given on the blue screen. This is not happening in Safe Mode with Networking. I've uninstalled GPU Drivers. My...