Windows 10: Wired/Wireless Keyboard Stop Working Randomly! Only Windows Button can function! Can't type!

Discus and support Wired/Wireless Keyboard Stop Working Randomly! Only Windows Button can function! Can't type! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been having this issue where the keyboards just stopped working. and only the windows button, ESC buttons are working. But i can't type or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Miyakochan2021, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Wired/Wireless Keyboard Stop Working Randomly! Only Windows Button can function! Can't type!

I have been having this issue where the keyboards just stopped working. and only the windows button, ESC buttons are working. But i can't type or anything on the PC. Initially I thought it was because of wireless. So i tried 3 different keyboards. Wired, Bluetooth and Wireless with USB Receiver. Both Razer and Logitech experience the same issues, all using different ports when I did the tests. Thus this proves that it has something to do with my PC. What can I do to solve this?Also, this happens randomly, usually only solved with a restart.

:)

Miyakochan2021, Jul 28, 2021

2. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10
    I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, Jul 28, 2021
  3. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, Jul 28, 2021
  4. Sasqui Win User

Wired/Wireless Keyboard Stop Working Randomly! Only Windows Button can function! Can't type!

Need a new wireless keyboard - suggestions?

This is a for work - not gaming!

My work keyboard is a wireless logitech, lasted some 6 years and now has a case of sticking keys, so I need a new one. I really liked it, thought the key action isn't the greatest. It has been through millions of keystrokes.

I have a G5 gaming mouse (both work and home), I want to keep that.

So I'm looking for:

• Wireless and responsive
    • (USB and PS2 capable)
    • Assignable hot keys
    • Dedicated volume and playback buttons
    • Great feel (for lots of typing)
    • Intergrated wrist-wrest
    • Black (nice not to see gunk that builds up)
    • Under $100
    Anyone have any "passionate" suggestions? I plan to stop at staples to try some out. I am partial to Logitech.

Sasqui, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

Wired/Wireless Keyboard Stop Working Randomly! Only Windows Button can function! Can't type!

1. Wired/Wireless Keyboard Stop Working Randomly! Only Windows Button can function! Can't type! - Similar Threads - Wired Wireless Keyboard

2. keyboard and mouse intermitanly not working right wired and wireless

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard and mouse intermitanly not working right wired and wireless: only started yesterday, keyboard and mouse either not working or reacting slow and not moving. have tried wired and wireless. both react the same. there was a windows 11 update a few days ago and has started since then. PC say latest drivers are installed. logitech wireless...
  3. Functioning of keyboard button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Functioning of keyboard button: In my window 10 laptopMy window key and function key works switches means my window key work as a function Fn key and my window key work as a function Fn key..How i resolve it...
  4. Functioning of keyboard button

Functioning of keyboard button: In my window 10 laptopMy window key and function key works switches means my window key work as a function Fn key and my window key work as a function Fn key..How i resolve it...
  5. Wired and Wireless BT Keyboards stop working after wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired and Wireless BT Keyboards stop working after wake from sleep: Hey all, I'm desperate and need really need help with this. I'm stumped. I've followed several tech guides, videos, microsoft support pages, even upgraded to Windows 11 to try and resolve this issue. I've been grappling with this for about a year and half now and I don't know...
  6. Wired and Wireless BT Keyboards stop working after wake from sleep

Wired and Wireless BT Keyboards stop working after wake from sleep: Hey all, I'm desperate and need really need help with this. I'm stumped. I've followed several tech guides, videos, microsoft support pages, even upgraded to Windows 11 to try and resolve this issue. I've been grappling with this for about a year and half now and I don't know...
  7. Shift f not working on wired or wireless keyboard!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shift f not working on wired or wireless keyboard!: Razer diagnosed a fault with my wired Huntsman Elite keyboard, no key press is recorded when pressing shift then f. It doesn't produce a capital 'f'. While awaiting a replacement, I am using a Lotigech wireless keyboard, and guess what, the same issue! Shift f wont create a...
  8. Keyboards tried multiple, wired and wireless only doing shortcuts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboards tried multiple, wired and wireless only doing shortcuts: Like title says keyboards only doing keyboard shortcuts once I log into windows 10 pro. Tried clean install still to no avail. Found a thread from 2018 and I've tried everything and nothing works. When I pull up onscreen keyboard after it goes to shortcut keyboard the ctrl...
  9. Keyboard function stopped working

Keyboard function stopped working: Earlier this evening I must have had something sitting on top of my keyboard on my desktop Windows 10 PRO PC. My wife and I heard some beeps and tones. When later I went to type something, nothing happened. I use wireless USB keyboards. I thought the batteries died, so I...
  10. Keyboard buttons typing randomly

Keyboard buttons typing randomly: My Backspace, Enter, D, } and " keys are pressing different things. I tried using keyboard tester and its typing all over the place. Already did the troubleshooting for keyboard drivers and language and still nothing fixed it. Its a brand new laptop!...