Windows 10: Wired & Wireless Simultaneous Connection - Priority?

Discus and support Wired & Wireless Simultaneous Connection - Priority? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Apparently, I have to keep my WiFi on my PC on for some other use, but mainly I use a wired connection to my router for internet. How does Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JOSHSKORN, Jul 4, 2020.

1. JOSHSKORN Win User

Wired & Wireless Simultaneous Connection - Priority?

Apparently, I have to keep my WiFi on my PC on for some other use, but mainly I use a wired connection to my router for internet.

How does Windows 10 prioritize which connection to use (wired vs wireless) and how can I ensure that Windows 10 is forcing internet through the wired connection to avoid possible drops that happen with wireless but at the same time, leave open my wireless?

Basically, I'm experimenting with Miracast and apparently I have to have my WiFi turned on.

:)

JOSHSKORN, Jul 4, 2020

2. Automatic disconnect wireless connection upon a wired connection

Hi,

I have a problem with automatic disconnecting wireless connection upon a wired connection. This is my situation and solutions I took but none of them worked:

I start Lenovo laptop and when it boots, it connects to my home wireless network (I want this to happen; following settings are sets on that network: connect automatically when this network is in range, connect to a more preferred network if available).
    What I also want is that when, in specific situations, I plug LAN cable into it, that wireless connection would be automatically disconnected and automatically connected when I unplug it.

Following solutions were taken, but they didn't produce a wanted result:

• setting disable upon wired connect on enable on a wireless adapter
    • setting wired adapter on the highest priority
    • setting wired autoconfig service on automatic startup type
    • route print shows wired metric 10 and wireless metric 11
    The result that was produced: when I connect LAN cable it shows connections: first wired, second wireless, but both of them connected (both interfaces got IP address) and on windows tray it is still shown wireless connection icon not wired.

MarkoPavic, Jul 4, 2020
  3. lmblanes Win User
    Windows 10 - Wired and Wireless connection simulataneously

Dear All

I would like to use mi Wireless connection for OneDrive for business and Ethernet wired network for the rest.

Is there a way of achieving that?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Luis

lmblanes, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Gobbas Win User

1 wired + 1 wireless connection issues

Hi,

I have been trying to get my computer working in a home network through a router with a wireless connection, while at the same time having internet provided through a wire.

The reason this is an issue is because the wired does not go through the router while the wireless of course does.

The issue I am having is that when both are connected my internet connection comes through the wireless and not the wired.

What I want is for the wireless to connect to the network while the wired connects to the internet.

I am using windows 8.1

Thank you,

Gobbas, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Wired & Wireless Simultaneous Connection - Priority? - Similar Threads - Wired Wireless Simultaneous

2. Block simultaneous wired network connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Block simultaneous wired network connection: Hello,i want to block simultanous connection to domain and non domain connection for domain client , im tolking when user is using more than one wired network adapters.Thank you...
  3. Block simultaneous wired network connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Block simultaneous wired network connection: Hello,i want to block simultanous connection to domain and non domain connection for domain client , im tolking when user is using more than one wired network adapters.Thank you...
  4. Block simultaneous wired network connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Connect to Two Wireless networks with one adapter simultaneously

Connect to Two Wireless networks with one adapter simultaneously: So we have a need to connect to two wireless networks with one adapter. Basically we have one network for communicating locally between devices that does not have internet access by design. We then have a separate network with Internet access. Normally in this situation...
  6. Traffic routing on wired and wireless connections

Traffic routing on wired and wireless connections: I have satellite internet service with limited data. I use wired Ethernet as the always-on connection, but for higher data or bandwidth applications, i.e. large downloads or video streaming, I connect to a cellular hotspot. Is there a way to configure my adapters or other...
  7. wired to wireless connect

wired to wireless connect: currently I have two ISPs. one that I've connected to "internet" via ethernet wire. I have a second ISP that I can connect to wirelessly. How do I change from the current wired connection to the wireless connection, Win 10 64....
  8. No Internet connection on wired Ethernet or wireless

No Internet connection on wired Ethernet or wireless: I have a Windows 10 desktop that will not connect to the Internet either wired Ethernet or wireless. It previously connected fine through a D-Link DWA-140 USB wireless adapter. I swapped the adapter to an identical machine and it worked fine. I plugged in a known working...
  9. Updates and Wired / Wireless Connection Issues

Updates and Wired / Wireless Connection Issues: First, some background, I've been a PC tech for years and currently work as a programmer. I've built and configured hundreds of machines and I know how to systematically observe and troubleshoot issues. I own three machines, an HTPC on WIN 10, my development machine on Win...
  10. New computer, connects wirelessly not to the wire i connected

New computer, connects wirelessly not to the wire i connected: I had to get a new computer and everything was all peachy-keen until this morning when i put my old HDD in and added 16 more gigs of RAM. I restart and it keeps connecting wirelessly. Not only that, but it won't even recognize the hard wire in the back or that I have an...