Windows 10: Wired Xbox 360 Controller no longer working after Windows Update

Discus and support Wired Xbox 360 Controller no longer working after Windows Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good morning, Last night I shutdown my Windows 10 PC and carried out the most recent update. This morning I am no longer able to use my wired... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hayden8472, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Wired Xbox 360 Controller no longer working after Windows Update

Good morning,

Last night I shutdown my Windows 10 PC and carried out the most recent update.

This morning I am no longer able to use my wired controller. I checked the drivers and normally I have Xbox 360 peripheral drivers installed. I followed the usual process to select the driver from a list and found that the xbox 360 drivers no longer exist. The only option is Xbox One drivers which do not work.

Tried downloading and installing all available xbox apps, driver packager for Win 7 64bit, even tried uninstalling the update and none of these worked.

:)

Hayden8472, Oct 9, 2020

2. Xbox 360 Wired Controller

Hi,

The drivers for Xbox 360 Controllers are automatically installed on Windows 10. If your Xbox 360 wired controller is not detected by your PC, try plugging it into a different USB port, and then test it again.

We also suggest that you install all the critical and important updates on your computer by following the steps on this

link

Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Oct 9, 2020
  3. xbox 360 wired controller software for windows 10

Hi Sigi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in installing the Xbox 360 Controller on Windows 10 Operating System. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

As you are unable to find the latest software for Xbox 360 to install on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article to install the software and check if it helps.

How to set up an Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

Section: Xbox 360 wired controller

For further assistance refer to: Xbox 360 wired and wireless controllers

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of setting up Xbox, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Wired Xbox 360 Controller no longer working after Windows Update

Wired XBOX 360 controller problem

When I plug my wired XBOX 360 Windows controller into my Dell XPS 13 which has only two USB ports, it no longer works or lights up. DON'T suggest anything driver-related, because the controller doesn't even try to install new drivers when I reconnect it
    after I deleted its drivers from my laptop. PLEASE HELP ME

KaelanHarwood, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

Wired Xbox 360 Controller no longer working after Windows Update

1. Wired Xbox 360 Controller no longer working after Windows Update - Similar Threads - Wired Xbox 360

2. xbox 360 wired controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    xbox 360 wired controller: my Xbox 360 wired controller start blinking and continuous vibration during game i tried re installing drivers but nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-360-wired-controller/2d23b6d0-1939-407a-ac0a-c6f6bda81c90
  3. xbox 360 wired controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox 360 wired controller: my Xbox 360 wired controller start blinking and continuous vibration during game i tried re installing drivers but nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-360-wired-controller/2d23b6d0-1939-407a-ac0a-c6f6bda81c90
  4. xbox 360 wired controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. XBOX 360 Controller wired no longer functional after Win 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX 360 Controller wired no longer functional after Win 11 upgrade: My wired XBOX 360 controller stopped functioning on both my PC and laptop after each updated to Windows 11. When I plug it in, it shows up as follows in Device Manager:I have tried different USB ports; uninstalling the "Unknown USB Device"; checking for updates; rebooting;...
  6. XBOX 360 Controller wired no longer functional after Win 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBOX 360 Controller wired no longer functional after Win 11 upgrade: My wired XBOX 360 controller stopped functioning on both my PC and laptop after each updated to Windows 11. When I plug it in, it shows up as follows in Device Manager:I have tried different USB ports; uninstalling the "Unknown USB Device"; checking for updates; rebooting;...
  7. Windows 11 and Xbox 360 Wired Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and Xbox 360 Wired Controller: Since upgrade to Windows 11 from 10, my Xbox 360 controller is not working. I've deleted and reinstalled the drivers. It seems to recognize the existence of the controller. If I open Steam, the app instantly recognizes that the controller is xbox 360 controller.However, the...
  8. Xbox 360 wired controller not working properly on windows 10

Xbox 360 wired controller not working properly on windows 10: Hello people. The issue: on my PC there is windows 10 pro, I use my xbox 360 controller to play games. The driver version is 10.0.18362.1 On my laptop there is windows 10 pro too, I've plugged in my xbox 360 wired controller, but computer recognizes it as audio device!...
  9. Xbox 360 wired USB controller not working but connecting

Xbox 360 wired USB controller not working but connecting: So I am trying to use a Xbox 360 Wired USB controller, I plug it in, the PC recognizes that and gives that little tone, but I get no notification of the drivers being installed. According to Microsoft it is supposed to happen automatically with windows 10. The controller...
  10. Xbox 360 wired controller not working on windows

Xbox 360 wired controller not working on windows: I had puchased a xbox 360(wired) controller few days ago, it works well initially for a week and then after that windows starts showing(on Connecting through usb) that it does'nt recognizing device. I had already doen this solutions which dont work- 1.When i connect it to...