Windows 10: Wired Xbox360 Controller is powered but not working/recognized windows 10

Discus and support Wired Xbox360 Controller is powered but not working/recognized windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, today i got a wired xbox360 controller and connected it to usb port, the ring around X button on the controller lights up green which i take... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by b1acksoul, Feb 8, 2019.

1. b1acksoul Win User

Wired Xbox360 Controller is powered but not working/recognized windows 10

Hello, today i got a wired xbox360 controller and connected it to usb port, the ring around X button on the controller lights up green which i take it's powered up but windows 10 doesn't recognize it, i can't find it in device manager or in control panel. X Button doesn't bring up the status... i searched the internet for solutions but it didn't help me much, also there is important additional information which i'll list them all below. please take a look at them.

First off it's worth mentioning that it is a SECOND HAND Controller but the guy guaranteed it's fully functional so i don't think that the controller is damaged or broken plus it's powered up which means it at least should have some level of functionality.

however the light ring slightly flashes, it doesn't completely turn off tho just slightly flashes. i don't know if it's related.

i have tried connecting to via all different usb ports(4 ports back and 2 ports on front) it completely lit up on 3 of them. one time the ring blinked every 2,3 seconds which i take it probably was a non powered usb or something, one time it WASN'T RECOGNIZED(missing drivers?) tho when i plugged it again on the same port it lit up properly but still no functionality.

I Tried installing xbox360 accessories status, didn't solve the problem. the status doesn't show any green bars.

I Checked device manager, and another important thing comes into play now...

sometime ago i had a normal dual shock controller and i wanted to use it's shocks so i searched the internet and found a driver, i forgot it's name but if needed i can find it again. so i installed it, i don't know if is faulty or outdated so it doesn't recognize my controller.

i'll post a screenshot of device manager down below:

Wired Xbox360 Controller is powered but not working/recognized windows 10 65fd6e07-7a0e-4286-89b5-52069276f310?upload=true.jpg

i saw some instructions to update the drivers and via browse my computer... option and pick xbox360 controller for windows and i tried using let me pick from a list of available drivers... option to update the drivers but i couldn't find "xbox 360 controller for windows" on any of them.

do i have missing drivers? did i install outdated faulty drivers? any suggestions?

All Suggestions would be appreciated.

:)

b1acksoul, Feb 8, 2019

2. Xbox360 controller will not work on Windows 10

Original Title: Game controllers

I have an Xbox360 controller that will not work on Win10.

I plug in a wired controller to a USB port but nothing happens.

HELP.

Terry eb Woods, Feb 8, 2019
  3. My Xbox360 controller is not recognized

When I plug in my Xbox360 controller, I get a message saying the USB device is not recognized. The Controller is listed under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" Under Properties it says

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed." Is there a solution to this problem? My friends would probably kill me if I tried to play Dark Souls with a keyboard

matthewbyrnes, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Wired Xbox360 Controller is powered but not working/recognized windows 10

Xbox 360 wired controller not working on windows

I had puchased a xbox 360(wired) controller few days ago, it works well initially for a week and then after that windows starts showing(on Connecting through usb) that it does'nt recognizing device.

I had already doen this solutions which dont work-

1.When i connect it to usb 3.0, then it recognizes but it deoesn't work.

2.Update USB drivers

3.download xbox360 controller software from microsoft.

Another thing i want you came to your notice that when i connect Xbox360(wirelss) controller to windows using Bluetooth receiver than that controller was working well.

vasu kashyap, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

Wired Xbox360 Controller is powered but not working/recognized windows 10

1. Wired Xbox360 Controller is powered but not working/recognized windows 10 - Similar Threads - Wired Xbox360 Controller

2. Wired Controller Connection not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Controller Connection not working: Hello,I am currently using a DS4 Duelshock 4 Controller, and it is connected through a cable into my pc. Light comes on signalling that it is charging, it comes up in "Devices and Printers" but still wont give an input. As well as that I have another DS4 controller that isn't...
  3. Wired Controller Connection not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wired Controller Connection not working: Hello,I am currently using a DS4 Duelshock 4 Controller, and it is connected through a cable into my pc. Light comes on signalling that it is charging, it comes up in "Devices and Printers" but still wont give an input. As well as that I have another DS4 controller that isn't...
  4. Wired Controller Connection not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. wired controller not working on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wired controller not working on pc: just bought a wired cotnroller to play with on pc and i tried to connect it with the cbale that comes with the controller and it doesnt work. i hold down the button and it doesnt even flash. please help...
  6. Wired Headphones not working/recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wired Headphones not working/recognized: Hi there, So I had been using wired headphones for my computer for all my life. Recently one of my headphones had died so I was forced to use my wireless headphones AirPods for my computer. I recently just got a new pair of headphones and they do not work for me anymore....
  7. Windows 10 won't recognize Xbox 360 wired controller

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won't recognize Xbox 360 wired controller: My xbox 360 controller is not recognised.When I plug it to the USB port the controller turns green for one second and then a message showing the device not recognised. Also, when i plug it(tried both 3.0 and 2.0 usb ports) it says in device manager that "Unknown USB...
  8. xbox360 wireless controller adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    xbox360 wireless controller adapter: Have a xbox360 wireless controller adapter, in Dev Manager it showed as xbox360, but after a repair upgrade it now shows as unknown, despite numerous attempts to install the driver it remains unchanged any ideas please ? Thanks 158453
  9. Changing Xbox360 controllers order on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Xbox360 controllers order on Windows 10: So if we take Rocket League as example. I wan't to play split screen with a friend that's gonna be using an Xbox360 controller. When i plug in the controller, it connect as First player so the game think i want to play with the controller as First player. I need a way to...
  10. Wired Xbox One controller no longer recognized, but still receives power. Driver problem?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wired Xbox One controller no longer recognized, but still receives power. Driver problem?: I've recently realized that my Xbox One controller is no longer recognized by Windows 10. I have tried three different cables & every USB port on my PC and all have the same result; the controller vibrates (which indicates it is receiving power) but it is not recognized by...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how is a wired controller powered

2. xbox wired controller powered on but not responding