Windows 10: wireless access point vs router, Whats The Difrence?

Discus and support wireless access point vs router, Whats The Difrence? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It is very difficult for you to tell the difference between a wireless access point and a router because they share a number of features.Herewe have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kiananet jam, Aug 2, 2020.

1. wireless access point vs router, Whats The Difrence?

It is very difficult for you to tell the difference between a wireless access point and a router because they share a number of features.Herewe have tried to explain exactly the difference between these two devices and provide you with a comparison of wireless access points with routers.

:)

kiananet jam, Aug 2, 2020

2. Configure Wireless Access Point

I have an existing network using a Buffalo N300 wireless router configured as 192.168.11 and 255.255.255

I have recently purchased a Sony Bravia TV with internet capability and would like to connect a second router – the Belkin F5D-8233 – as an access point for the TV. As I already have the router, it is cheaper than me purchasing the Sony wireless dongle.

Essentially, the Buffalo is connected to my PC in one room and provides the internet access. The Belkin would be in another room, connected via Ethernet to the TV.

I have set the Belkin up to use 192.168.11.10 with the same SSID and security settings as the Buffalo. I have also set it up as an Access point.

I have connected the Belkin and the Buffalo together via the Ethernet LAN ports to try and do an initial configuration but I cannot see the Belkin when I do this even though the LAN ports light up.

Can someone give me step by step instructions on how to configure the Belkin so that it gets internet access wirelessly in the other room?

I have been able to confure the TV so that it sees and connects to the Belkin but obviously this is of little use unless it can connect to the internet through that connection.

Thanks, any help appreciated.

Lowtrawler, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Schluter Win User
    How can I setup my wireless router as a wireless access point?

I see a lot of different ways to setup a wireless router as a wireless access point (to another router).

I have a U-Verse router and a netgear wireless router, is there anyway I can use the netgear router to pickup the wireless signal from the U-verse, and let me connect to the netgear router to receive internet?

cordless mouse Cordless Keyboard wireless routers

Schluter, Aug 2, 2020
  4. CUSACKOTG Win User

wireless access point vs router, Whats The Difrence?

access point from company router

Hello,

I wish to run an ethernet line from our router (which has an extra IP address i have been using on my MAC G3 notebook) to an access point on the 5th level of our building. The router is on the second level. Is it possible for my MAC to detect the access point and configure it using the IP address I usually use? My colleagues and I want to receive the wireless signal from the access point between levels 2- 5 (max distance 4om) but we are not sure how to configure the access point. Hopefully when we plug it into the (non-wireless router) via ethernet , my MAC will be able to detect it and then we can configure it..????

We intend to buy an apple AirPort Extreme base station wireless access point- it will run off the non wireless: ezxs16w linksys router.

Cheers in advance for any help- we don't really have a clue about basic networking...

Josh

CUSACKOTG, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

wireless access point vs router, Whats The Difrence?

1. wireless access point vs router, Whats The Difrence? - Similar Threads - wireless access point

2. Problem with Wireless adaptor or access Point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Wireless adaptor or access Point: Bought a new Gaming PC - It connects to my home internet for periods at a time. Shortly after connection it will disconnect and then refuse to connect to the internet until a troubleshoot has been completed and resolved the issue.The trouble shoot produces: “a network cable...
  3. What is the Microsoft Wireless Router Module?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is the Microsoft Wireless Router Module?: So a bunch of recent Windows updates came in recently, and looking through the list, several driver updates came in too. One that puzzled me was one called "Microsoft Wireless Router Module". Why is there a driver for a router, which is a device not even part of the PC?...
  4. Problem with Wireless Adapter or access point

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with Wireless Adapter or access point: I have bought a Lenovo Legion Y7000P-1060 laptop where Windows 10 Home was pre-installed. The problem that I am facing since day 1, every time that I start up my laptop is unable to connect to the wireless network of my home that I have to lunch troubleshooting which gives...
  5. Problem with wireless adapter or access point

Problem with wireless adapter or access point: I was unable to find an answer to this problem in the forum, but I did find something on my own and wanted to post it in case it helps others. I was unable to reply in the already existing thread. My new laptop kept dropping off of the wifi network randomly. I would run a...
  6. “Investigate router or access point issues”

“Investigate router or access point issues”: First things first here is my hardware and software I am running Windows 10 Home, version 1909 through bootcamp on my 15 inch macbook pro with 64-bit OS. 15.9/16 gb ram available and intel coretm i7-7700hq cpu 2.8 ghz for about a week now I have been struggling with...
  7. Problem with wireless adapter or access point

Problem with wireless adapter or access point: My wifi is frequently going down. It says I have signal but I can't do anything on the internet. I troubleshoot it and it says the problem found was: Problem with wireless adapter or access point. It also then has a green tick next to it saying fixed. I close the...
  8. Router/access point conflict

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Router/access point conflict: Message for both my Epson WF 4630 and Epson Artisan 730: A router/access point channel conflict has been detected. If you have problems printing or scanning improve your wireless network environment...
  9. router access point conflict with epson ET4550

router access point conflict with epson ET4550: My computer prints wirelessly to the printer. When I try to scan a document it says it cannot connect. I can send a scn from my printer to the computer. I have printed the network connection check from the printer and it sas there is a conflict. My hub is BT hub6 I...
  10. Problem with wireless adapter or Access point

Problem with wireless adapter or Access point: I lose wifi connection and I have to reboot to resolve problem at least one a day. How can I stop the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-wireless-adapter-or-access-point/21829029-40c9-4c87-a3c7-54c705d507c8