Windows 10: Wireless adapter disappeared after Windows update

Discus and support Wireless adapter disappeared after Windows update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; That links to some software that I don't want to install lest I risk getting a virus. always good to be careful ...... But I see you tried the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GuyInDogSuit, May 25, 2016.

1. Kbird Win User

Wireless adapter disappeared after Windows update

always good to be careful ......

But I see you tried the driver at MediaTek which is actually one newer ie 5.0.57.0 vs 5.0.56.0

Did you by chance look to make sure the card isn't physically disconnected ie the laptop was dropped and the connector dislodged?

not your model but this is the idea....

Removing and Replacing the Wireless Module for HP Pavilion x360 Notebook PCs | HP® Customer Support

Kbird, Sep 4, 2016

2. Well, seeing as how it worked under Ubuntu, no, I don't think it was disconnected.

GuyInDogSuit, Sep 4, 2016
  3. Kbird Win User
    Reinstall Linux or buy a USB AC Wifi Dongle ?

Move back to Win8 ?

sorry I can't help more.....

Kbird, Sep 4, 2016
  4. Wireless adapter disappeared after Windows update

None of those are viable solutions. Need to stay on Windows, hate Windows 8, can't afford a WiFi dongle right now. Would love to fix this problem without resorting to those solutions.

5. Kbird Win User
    Kbird, Sep 4, 2016
  6. This is a clean install. Where would I get an older one?

7. Kbird Win User
    Kbird, Sep 4, 2016
  8. Kbird Win User

Kbird, Sep 4, 2016
  9. 1607 build 14393.105

I am on my desktop PC.

I've done that. No go.

10. Kbird Win User
    Is that the laptop or Desktop WINVER ? that is the very latest 1607 Update

Then try the links for 1511 TH2

if you download the file from windowsiso , once you have it RC on the ISO and choose Open with File Explorer , this will mount the ISO and it will look like a DVD/CD in File Explorer , then get your Virus and Malware scanner to check the ISO/CD Drive. To Unmount the ISO ,just RC the Drive in File Explorer and Choose Eject, like a normal CD . Once done you can use RUFUS to copy the ISO to a USB Drive for install or Burn the ISO to a DVD.

KB

Kbird, Sep 5, 2016
  11. It's the laptop.

GuyInDogSuit, Sep 5, 2016
  12. Kbird Win User
    Then the only thing I can think of since win8 is Out and so is a cheap Dongle , is to try and downgrade since you appear to have tried all the drivers available.

Does a friend have a Dongle to try?

KB

Kbird, Sep 5, 2016
  13. Wireless adapter disappeared after Windows update

I found an old wireless-G dongle, had to track down the drivers for it. It works, but I need to get this damn chip working.

GuyInDogSuit, Sep 5, 2016
  14. Kbird Win User
    Keep Googling *Smile , No more I can do as far as I can tell.......

probably you already seen these ? lots of issues with HP and RaLink Wifi it seems...

On HP

Hi, I have a notbooke g7 and had quite the same problem: my Ralink board disappear after a while or when coming back of sleep or simplel alleatory. Well the solution the worked out for me was to keep the last version 5.057 and install over the old 5.045 from here too, since that no more problem even though the driver version is the 057 but evrythin looks like ok, why???? say that I had corruption???? everthing new and fresh from original win 8 and no problems, well before got fixed I even need to "dong" the place of the ralink board, looking like it was "failing".....

it was here
    Windows 10 driver issue -Ralink RT5390R 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adap... - HP Support Forum - 5265936

and another with your problem too
    Solved: WiFi not working after Windows 10 install - HP Support Forum - 5211728

supposedly the latest HP driver , same version number as MediaTek's , no idea if HP "alters" the file for there laptops in some way

Drivers Software - HP Support Center.

Night.

KB

Kbird, Sep 5, 2016
  15. sp71571 is the one I've tried repeatedly, even right after a fresh install of Win10. No go. Don't know what the issue is with this particular chip.

GuyInDogSuit, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Wireless adapter disappeared after Windows update - Similar Threads - Wireless adapter disappeared

2. Wireless adapter keeps disappearing and appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless adapter keeps disappearing and appearing: I don't know if my laptop adapter is broken now or is something that has to do with my DNS. From time to time my wireless connection/adapter keeps disappearing and after I left it for quite sometime, it'll appear again. I'm fine when it happens in my home because I can just...
  3. Wireless adapter keeps disappearing and appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless adapter keeps disappearing and appearing: I don't know if my laptop adapter is broken now or is something that has to do with my DNS. From time to time my wireless connection/adapter keeps disappearing and after I left it for quite sometime, it'll appear again. I'm fine when it happens in my home because I can just...
  4. Wireless adapter just disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless adapter just disappeared: Hello, I've tried all known troubleshoots that I could find on the internet about dealing with a code 45 wireless adapter error but haven't got any luck. At the last attempt of uninstalling and restarting my machine, the wireless adapter vanished from my devices list and...
  5. Wireless Adapter and Bluetooth are disappeared after update with KB4534132 3rd request

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Adapter and Bluetooth are disappeared after update with KB4534132 3rd request: On 31JAN2020, I have downloaded Windows 10 update KB4534132 to my Fujitsu laptop. After installation, both wireless and bluetooth adapters are disappeared. I have run the troubleshooters at Windows Settings and I cannot find them from Device Manager. Many people...
  6. Wireless Adapter and Bluetooth are disappeared after update with KB4534132

Wireless Adapter and Bluetooth are disappeared after update with KB4534132: On 31JAN2020, I have downloaded Windows 10 update KB4534132 to my Fujitsu laptop. After installation, both wireless adapter and bluetooth are disappeared. I cannot find them from Device Manager. My laptop cannot connect to any wifi network and any bluetooth device now....
  7. Wireless Adapter disappeared on Device Manager...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Adapter disappeared on Device Manager...: Can you please help me with this problem I encountered... Suddenly my wireless stopped working and the driver just suddenly disappeared as well... I have already checked my Device Manager... and I have enabled the "show hidden devices" but nothing still appears on my...
  8. Wireless network adapter keeps disappearing after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wireless network adapter keeps disappearing after Windows 10 update: I have an Asus model Q502LA , my Intel Wireless Software network adapter/ driver keeps disappearing. Which prevents me from getting on the internet without an Ethernet connection. Sometimes I am able to reinstall itit whi solves the problem, but recently this no longer works....
  9. my wireless adapter has disappeared

my wireless adapter has disappeared: I tried downloading the driver again and reinstalling but every attempt ends in the installer shutting itself down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wireless-adapter-has-disappeared/0d9eb620-b400-45c9-a96d-6af50ea4ea77
  10. Wireless Network Adapter disappeared after Windows 10 upgrade

Wireless Network Adapter disappeared after Windows 10 upgrade: Hey, So after 2 failed attempts at installing Windows 10 on an Acer Aspire Z5801 PC, I finally managed to succeed. However, a new problem appeared after installation.. The Wireless network adapter went completely missing. Windows does not detect its existence at all,...