Windows 10: Wireless adapter driver working intermittently

Discus and support Wireless adapter driver working intermittently in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Asus computer running Windows 10. Sometime in September the wireless adapter driver stopped working. I've done several fixes updating the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Warm_fuzzies, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Wireless adapter driver working intermittently

I have a Asus computer running Windows 10. Sometime in September the wireless adapter driver stopped working.

I've done several fixes updating the driver, uninstalling the driver, using other drivers found on the computer already. The weird part is that it sometimes works, but only for a few days. And it's not always the same driver that works. Basically I try all the drivers that are compatible already on my computer- sometimes one of them will work, sometimes none of them will. A few days later I'll be able to get it to work again.

NONE of the fixes have allowed bluetooth to work.

Ethernet works fine when I connect it.

Does this sound like a software issue or a hardware issue? Any ideas? I had no updates when it happened so I couldn't roll it back.

:)

Warm_fuzzies, Oct 21, 2020

2. Wireless Adapter not working

Hi Nabil,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Method 1:

Step 1: Update network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Update option.
    • Restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.
    Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer for automatic installation of network adapters and check if the changes are effective.

Hope this helps !

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Windows 10 driver adapter not working

Hi Lewis,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to uninstall the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Device Manager
      from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select
      Uninstall
    • Restart the computer for automatic installation of network adapters and check if the changes are effective.
    Update network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Device Manager
      from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Update option.
    • Restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Oct 21, 2020
  4. John Win User

Wireless adapter driver working intermittently

Problems with the widows 10 wireless network adapter driver

I am quite sure it is not a Windows bug, rather I would say the card has gone intermittent and that was confirmed by the troubleshooter saying the card was not properly installed (but you have already uninstalled / installed the card). You might see if there is a newer driver available.

May I suggest at this point you try an inexpensive wireless USB adapter and see if this works reliably (probably will)

Thema:

Wireless adapter driver working intermittently

1. Wireless adapter driver working intermittently - Similar Threads - Wireless adapter driver

2. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter disconnects intermittently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter disconnects intermittently: We have two different Microsoft wireless display adapters the standard and the 4K version. Both have the same issue of loosing connection after 3 to 5 seconds. I have downloaded the Wireless Display adapter app from the Microsoft store and checked the firmware both stated in...
  3. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter disconnects intermittently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter disconnects intermittently: We have two different Microsoft wireless display adapters the standard and the 4K version. Both have the same issue of loosing connection after 3 to 5 seconds. I have downloaded the Wireless Display adapter app from the Microsoft store and checked the firmware both stated in...
  4. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter disconnects intermittently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wireless adapter not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless adapter not working: Hi, my laptop has suddenly stop connecting to the Internet. I’ve tried multiple solutions but they haven’t worked- I have uninstalled and reinstalled my wireless adapter then restarted the laptop, I have disabled and then enabled the wireless adapter then restarted the...
  6. Wireless adapter not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless adapter not working: Hi, my laptop has suddenly stop connecting to the Internet. I’ve tried multiple solutions but they haven’t worked- I have uninstalled and reinstalled my wireless adapter then restarted the laptop, I have disabled and then enabled the wireless adapter then restarted the...
  7. Wireless adapter drivers will not install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless adapter drivers will not install: Currently using an Asus PCE-AC68 Wireless adapter which works fine. Just upgraded to PCE-AC88 which I installed into the same PCI-e socket I had the AC68 in. Computer does not recognize the AC88 in Device Manager and the driver install .exe will not execute so no install...
  8. Broadcom 802.11n Wireless SDIO Adapter driver not working?

Broadcom 802.11n Wireless SDIO Adapter driver not working?: Hi, I notice in my computer that Broadcom 802.11n Wireless SDIO Adapter is not working and not updating too. error message : This Device Cannot Start. code10 {operation failed} The requested operation was unsuccessful. pls help me out...
  9. Wireless internet working intermittently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless internet working intermittently: I have been having issues with internet access on my Asus laptop for a few months now, though recently it has got worse. A few weeks ago I got a message on my laptop about having to update Windows 10 as the version I had was no longer supported. It could be a coincidence but...
  10. Wireless network adapter drivers

Wireless network adapter drivers: Hi guys, Sorry for bothering again, but my PC's gone mad. I just installed, used and closed Bluestacks 4, thay my PC says my Network Adaptor's not working. When I click on the globe icon with a no sign on it, I see only one option - Flight Mode. On trouble shooting, it says...