Windows 10: Wireless adapter not detecting all networks in range

Discus and support Wireless adapter not detecting all networks in range in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using Windows 10 Pro v1909 with a TP Link WN881ND PCIe wireless network adapter. Since the middle of this week it has been refusing to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HappySocks, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Wireless adapter not detecting all networks in range

Hi,

I'm using Windows 10 Pro v1909 with a TP Link WN881ND PCIe wireless network adapter. Since the middle of this week it has been refusing to detect, let alone connect to, either of my home wi-fi networks a dual band Netgear modem and dual band extender. All other wi-fi devices in my home are continuing to connect correctly. The problem PC is also noticeably not displaying any of the usual networks from neighbours, apart from one about which I have no configuration details.

Here's what I have tried so far:

• Windows Network Diagnostics. This finds no issues with the adapter, but successfully resets it anyway, but cannot find any networks.
    • Manually disabling and re-enabling the adapter through Device Manager.
    • Uninstalling the device through Device Manager including ticking the "delete driver files" checkbox and re-installing drivers downloaded from TP-Link to a USB.
    • Systematically altering each configuration option available for the adapter in Device Manager.
    • System Restore to the only available restore point.

None of this has made any difference. Do I have a hardware problem?

:)

HappySocks, Mar 15, 2020

2. Which network adapter?

My friend recently came over to my house with his laptop. Before I could connect him to my lan he detected several wireless networks in the area. I want to connect to these wireless networks, but I don't know what kind of adapter I need. I searched his laptop model and this is his network adapter http://www.intel.com/network/connectivity/products/wireless/wireless_n/overview.htm

It seems he could get both N, and G signals

what would any of you guys suggest?

Network_guy, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Wireless Network adapter missing from PC

Hi See if this helps!

• Open Device Manager, open the drop-down Network adpaters
    • Right-click Network adapters
    • Select Scan for hardware changes
    • If you can't see your Wireless adapter, go to step 11
    • If you can see it, right-click on the adapter
    • Select Uninstall ( this should only uninstall you driver software,
      not delete it
      )
    • Now right-click Network adapters again
    • Select Scan for hardware changes. This should re-detect your wireless adapter)
    • Once detected, restart you machine
    • Make sure your Wireless adapter in Network And Sharing Center is Enabled. Now try what you have to.
    • If you cant find you your Wireless adapter device, you may need to properly install a wireless adapter driver. You'll have to do it perfectly, or have a service person do it for your machine

garybear89, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Wireless adapter not detecting all networks in range

Wireless Adapter not working

Hi Nabil,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Method 1:

Step 1: Update network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Update option.
    • Restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.
    Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.
    • Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer for automatic installation of network adapters and check if the changes are effective.

Hope this helps !

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Wireless adapter not detecting all networks in range

1. Wireless adapter not detecting all networks in range - Similar Threads - Wireless adapter detecting

2. Wireless Adapter not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Adapter not detected: I opened up my laptop to upgrade the ram and when I was finished, everything was working except for the wifi. The option to select wifi from settings is gone and I can only use ethernet. I went into the bios diagnostics and tested the wireless module and it said the wireless...
  3. Wireless Adapter not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Adapter not detected: I opened up my laptop to upgrade the ram and when I was finished, everything was working except for the wifi. The option to select wifi from settings is gone and I can only use ethernet. I went into the bios diagnostics and tested the wireless module and it said the wireless...
  4. Wireless Network adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Network adapter: Hi I tried to unistall my wireless network adapter via device manager, but after restarting my laptop it didn’t reinstall the wirelesd network adapter so I can not connect to any wifi-network. Can someone please help me? Thanks in advance...
  5. Wireless Network adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Network adapter: I recently had trouble with my Realtek 8821ae wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-e nic. Every hour or so my internet would get cut out and it would be a massive problem. The only way I could fix this is by restarting my computer only to face the same problem again. My computer is a...
  6. Wireless network adapters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless network adapters: The wifi card i have in my custom built PC is a qualcomm atheros QCA61x4, and recently it hasn't been working. For the past few months I've been utilizing a wired connection, but I moved and now use wifi, but I cannot detect any networks and therefore can't use the internet...
  7. Wireless Adapter Range

Wireless Adapter Range: Hello again. I had recently stumbled upon a quite unfortunate problem with my Laptop's Wireless Adapter. My laptop kept disconnecting from the network. Recently I discovered why that is. When I move close to the Wifi Router, the network does not disconnect, however, moving...
  8. wireless network adapter

wireless network adapter: my wireless network adapter keeps disconnecting i've taken all the recommended steps so far but have had no success fixing the problem. Other devices work fine on it, ethernet works fine on the device in question but wireless connection disconnects over and over and over...
  9. Wireless Network Adapter

Wireless Network Adapter: Acer Laptop, O/S: win 10 64 bit, the Qualcomm Atheros Wireless Network adapter is not working; tried to reinstall driver but failed (error 10). What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-network-adapter/e5121563-83e5-4bba-9296-23feb77f6b12
  10. No wireless network adapter

No wireless network adapter: I have a Microsoft Surface Go in S mode with no wireless internet driver. How do I resolve this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/no-wireless-network-adapter/347e8aea-f3aa-4922-98b5-805beae67dfe