Windows 10: Wireless adapter not found in Device Manager

Discus and support Wireless adapter not found in Device Manager in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is for a Lenovo M90z. Intel Centrino 1000 adapter. All of sudden I lost my internet connection. Initially it stopped working and did appear in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jwblue, Jan 6, 2019.

1. jwblue Win User

Wireless adapter not found in Device Manager

This is for a Lenovo M90z. Intel Centrino 1000 adapter. All of sudden I lost my internet connection.

Initially it stopped working and did appear in Device Manager with an explanation point. In the properties I was getting a "This device can not start "Code 10" message. When I did a Windows troubleshoot it said there was an issue with the adapter and driver. I downloaded the driver from the Lenovo website but I received an error message that I can not roll back the driver to an earlier version. I had downloaded a more recent version from Intel. It is no longer available.

I did a Power Cycle like this

Completely discharging your PC might fix the unresponsive state of the network adapter. This might shake off any power surges that were registered in the adapter.

• Unplug your charger, power off your laptop, and remove your battery. If you are using a desktop PC, remove all the power cables.
    • Hold down the power button for at least 30 seconds and then wait around 10 minutes.
    • Put the battery back in, with the charger and reboot or plug back your power cables and boot your PC
    • Check if this fixed it

Then the Adapter did not appear in the Device Manager. Did I fry something with the Power Cycle?

:)

jwblue, Jan 6, 2019

2. Wireless Adapter not working

Hi Nabil,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Method 1:

Step 1: Update network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Update option.
    • Restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.
    Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.
    • Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer for automatic installation of network adapters and check if the changes are effective.

Hope this helps !

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 6, 2019
  3. TrustMe Win User
    wireless adapter not showing in device manager

To help you find the name and model of the wireless adapter

Click the Start button
    In the search box type control panel
    Click on the Control Panel that comes up
    Click on Device Manager
    There should be an Unknown Device in there. Right click on it and click on Properties
    Click on the Details tab near the top
    In the Property section, there is a down arrow to the right.
    Click on the down arrow and click on Hardware Ids
    In the Value section you will get two or three items that will come up.
    Highlight the first item in the list and right click. Click on Copy
    Open up your browser and go to Google. Right click in the search bar and click on Paste. Click on search.

Now you should be able to find the name and model on your wireless adapter. If you are still having trouble finding it,
    go back to the second item in the Value list and do the same thing.

TrustMe, Jan 6, 2019
  4. Vinodh.V Win User

Windows 10 Cannot enable wireless adapter

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience caused.

How are you trying to enable Wireless adapter?

We would suggest you to follow the below step and check if it helps:

• From the desktop press Windows flag key + R and type devmgmt.msc and click ok.
    • This will open device manager, now scroll down and expand network adapter, right click and select enable.
    • If you still have issues enabling wireless adapter, right click the uninstall it and reboot the computer and check if it helps.
    To know more about uninstalling device using device manager, refer to the below link:

Using Device Manager to Uninstall Devices and Driver Packages - Windows drivers

Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Wireless adapter not found in Device Manager - Similar Threads - Wireless adapter found

2. Wireless network adapter is hidden in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless network adapter is hidden in device manager: My Laptop Windows 10 can't connect to wifi can't find wifi option. When I check my wifi adapter in device manager it was missing, then when I click on View>>Show hidden devices. I saw my wifi adapter is disabled and I double click on it. It says "currently this hardware...
  3. Wireless network adapter is hidden in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless network adapter is hidden in device manager: My Laptop Windows 10 can't connect to wifi can't find wifi option. When I check my wifi adapter in device manager it was missing, then when I click on View>>Show hidden devices. I saw my wifi adapter is disabled and I double click on it. It says "currently this hardware...
  4. Wireless network adapter is hidden in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Xbox wireless adapter not recognized in device manager

Xbox wireless adapter not recognized in device manager: My wireless adapter suddenly stopped working, device manager says it is an unknown usb device. When i try to update the drivers, nothing happens and it says the best drivers are already installed. Ive had this problem for years. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could...
  6. Teredo Adapter Not Found in the Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Teredo Adapter Not Found in the Device Manager: I recently got the game pass and started playing Forza Horizon 4 everything was working amazing until one day i couldnt connect to the online mode. Ive gone tough alot of tutorials and came to the conclusion that i may not even have the Teredo Adapter installed. So i checked...
  7. Wireless Adapter disappeared on Device Manager...

Wireless Adapter disappeared on Device Manager...: Can you please help me with this problem I encountered... Suddenly my wireless stopped working and the driver just suddenly disappeared as well... I have already checked my Device Manager... and I have enabled the "show hidden devices" but nothing still appears on my...
  8. wireless adapter not showing in device manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wireless adapter not showing in device manager: My wireless adapter is not in device manager, I only have ethernet connection. help me figure this out, please! I want my wireless back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-adapter-not-showing-in-device-manager/d829b831-b7f2-4cea-82a5-1f020d7bfad1
  9. wireless adapter not showing in device manager

wireless adapter not showing in device manager: I have an Asus X555Q laptop. I replaced the hard drive and installed Windows 10 with a USB drive. I did not have a restore option. I downloaded all the drivers from Asus, but no matter what drivers I use, they do not find my wireless adapter. There were 2 drivers for...
  10. Wireless adapter not found Windows10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless adapter not found Windows10: The wi-fi adapter was acting funny so I decided to reinstall the driver. I unistalled it, cheked for new hardware and it came back up. But still windows says "We couldn't find wireless devices on this PC". I tried reinstalling again, I checked for updates online, restarting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Lenovo network adapter not working