Windows 10: Wireless Adapter shuts off when trying to connect to wifi

Discus and support Wireless Adapter shuts off when trying to connect to wifi in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Laptop is a pretty old ASUS running windows 10. By old i mean maybe 2016-2017. I was using it just fine yesterday, but all of a sudden it started doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Corsetd, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Wireless Adapter shuts off when trying to connect to wifi

Laptop is a pretty old ASUS running windows 10. By old i mean maybe 2016-2017. I was using it just fine yesterday, but all of a sudden it started doing this. Here are a few things I have tried:

• disabled the adapter for a few minutes then reenabled it
    • reset my wifi through cmd commands
    • factory reset my laptop.

nothing worked. Anyone ever have this issue or know how to fix this issue? Thanks a bunch.

https://reddit.com/link/eudpp7/video/krgx6btj37d41/player

submitted by /u/Corsetd
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Corsetd, Jan 26, 2020

2. USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi

Hello

I am having trouble making my new USB Wifi Adapter to work. The drivers are working fine but the issue is it is not connecting to wifi.

1. I am using Windows 10
    2. The adapter which I am trying to work is Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps
    3. I have also one USB mini wifi adapter attached to my other USB through which I am currently using internet

Wireless Adapter shuts off when trying to connect to wifi [​IMG]

From the above screenshot, the Wi-Fi 2 is which I am trying to connect. When I right-click on Wi-Fi 2 and click on Connect/Disconnect, It shows the already connected Wifi through USB mini adapter.

When I Disable WiFi and try to connect through WiFi 2 then it shows an error "Change settings, such as making a connection metered"

The device utility does not show any Wifi available connections though there are 2-3 wifi connection is there.

any idea how can I make connect to internet using my new Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps Wireless USB Adaptor - Wi Fi 2 on Windows 10 ?

oneandthree, Jan 26, 2020
  3. USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi

In my device manager, it shows that the drivers are there and the device is working fine.

when I try to update drivers, it says the best drivers are installed already.

Any other solutions?

Thanks

oneandthree, Jan 26, 2020
  4. simrick Win User

Wireless Adapter shuts off when trying to connect to wifi

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Wireless Adapter shuts off when trying to connect to wifi

1. Wireless Adapter shuts off when trying to connect to wifi - Similar Threads - Wireless Adapter shuts

2. Wireless Display Adapter app crashes when trying to connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Display Adapter app crashes when trying to connect: I have just downloaded the latest app from the store windows 11, insider, fully up to date.I just bought a brand new 4k wireless display adapter.If I connect to the wireless display from Windows and then start the app, it crashes immediately.If I disconnect the display and...
  3. Wireless Display Adapter app crashes when trying to connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Display Adapter app crashes when trying to connect: I have just downloaded the latest app from the store windows 11, insider, fully up to date.I just bought a brand new 4k wireless display adapter.If I connect to the wireless display from Windows and then start the app, it crashes immediately.If I disconnect the display and...
  4. WiFi adapter disables when I try to connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi adapter disables when I try to connect: Hello, I have a problem. I updated my Windows 10 and it failed, and I restarted my laptop and internet adapter is disabled for some reason, when I try to enable it, it works but when i try to connect to my WiFi it disables my WiFi adapter and this continues. I tried:*...
  5. WiFi adapter disables when I try to connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi adapter disables when I try to connect: Hello, I have a problem. I updated my Windows 10 and it failed, and I restarted my laptop and internet adapter is disabled for some reason, when I try to enable it, it works but when i try to connect to my WiFi it disables my WiFi adapter and this continues. I tried:*...
  6. WiFi adapter disables when I try to connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi

USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi: Hello I am having trouble making my new USB Wifi Adapter to work. The drivers are working fine but the issue is it is not connecting to wifi. I am using Windows 10 The adapter which I am trying to work is Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps I have also one USB mini wifi adapter...
  8. Wifi Adapter keeps shutting off

Wifi Adapter keeps shutting off: Using my phone to do this, I have been dealing with my wifi adapter doing this, it will last 10 mimutes at most before it shuts off and will not turn back on, troubleshooter keeps saying Windows 10 cant bind the IP protocal stack to the network adapter. It is a belkin Wifi...
  9. Wifi adapter shuts off while connecting

Wifi adapter shuts off while connecting: my wifi adapters are not working after a recent update. Whenever i try to connect its like my adapter is unplugged and plugged back in and it shows that i am not connected and no connections available but ive tried 2 different adapters ive downloaded new drivers and tried all...
  10. Wifi adapter auto switch off when trying to connect a wifi win 10

Wifi adapter auto switch off when trying to connect a wifi win 10: Hi, I am using win 10 and i am facing a problem with my pc's wifi, when i am trying to connect my pc with my mobile through hotsopt my pc wifi adepter goes disabled auto Thank 116670

Users found this page by searching for:

1. alfa awus036nha turns off