Windows 10: Wireless Adapter works abnormally after Windows 10 2004 Update

Discus and support Wireless Adapter works abnormally after Windows 10 2004 Update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear all, my wireless adapter "Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168" doesn't work properly after I updated Windows to the 2004 version. The Internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by XianghuiL, Oct 4, 2020.

1. XianghuiL Win User

Wireless Adapter works abnormally after Windows 10 2004 Update

Dear all,

my wireless adapter "Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168" doesn't work properly after I updated Windows to the 2004 version. The Internet connection breaks down, works again for a few seconds, and breaks down again. After the driver update, it became worse, and no internet connection anymore. Network reset with "netsh" doesn't work also.

What more intolerable is, this problem brings even troubles to my other devices, which makes them getting trouble with the connection to the wifi hotspot.

My temporary solution is to disable the current Intel device and use a USB Wireless adapter. Do you have some information about when there is an update to fix this issue? Thanks!

My system info:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400

RAM: 24.0 GB

Windows 10 Version: 2004

Installed date: 2020/09/20

OS Version: 19041.508

:)

XianghuiL, Oct 4, 2020

2. Wireless Adapter not working

Hi Nabil,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Method 1:

Step 1: Update network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Update option.
    • Restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.
    Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.
    • Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer for automatic installation of network adapters and check if the changes are effective.

Hope this helps !

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 4, 2020
  3. wireless display adapter firmware update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To better understand the query, please answer the following questions:

1. What is the make and model of the wireless adapter?

2. Are you referring to updating the Wireless display adapter?

If so, I would suggest you to visit the manufacturer's website and check if there are any updates available.

However, you can try the steps below and check if you are able to update it manually from the computer.

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

3. If the wireless display adapter is listed, expand it.

4. Right click on the driver and check for updates.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

Windows Wireless Display Adapter-not connecting anymore

Hello Phillip,

Did you notice any changes on your PC prior to the issue? I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in this support article:
    Troubleshooting Wireless Display Adapters.

Since updating drivers did not work, in addition, you can try to reset the Wireless Adapter.

1. On the adapter, press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
    2. When the message " Ready to connect "shows, open the
      Action Center.
    3. Select Connect, and in the list of displays, select
      Microsoft
      Wireless Display Adapter.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Carlo Fer, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Wireless Adapter works abnormally after Windows 10 2004 Update - Similar Threads - Wireless Adapter works

2. Wireless Adapter not working after update to Window 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Adapter not working after update to Window 11: I just updated my Dell XPS8930 to Windows 11 Pro 22H2. The Killer Wireless-n/a/ac 1535 Wireless Network Adapter does not work. As far as I can tell I have the most recent driver installed 5/19/2021....
  3. Wireless Adapter not working after update to Window 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Adapter not working after update to Window 11: I just updated my Dell XPS8930 to Windows 11 Pro 22H2. The Killer Wireless-n/a/ac 1535 Wireless Network Adapter does not work. As far as I can tell I have the most recent driver installed 5/19/2021....
  4. Killer Wireless 1535 Wireless Network Adapter not working after 2H22 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Killer Wireless 1535 Wireless Network Adapter not working after 2H22 update.: Drivers are up to date, I've attempted network reset, disable/enable and an uninstall. Reverting back to previous windows update solves problem. Is there a way to get my network adapter to work on the newest update?...
  5. Killer Wireless 1535 Wireless Network Adapter not working after 2H22 update.

Killer Wireless 1535 Wireless Network Adapter not working after 2H22 update.: Drivers are up to date, I've attempted network reset, disable/enable and an uninstall. Reverting back to previous windows update solves problem. Is there a way to get my network adapter to work on the newest update?...
  6. Wireless adapter not working

Wireless adapter not working: Hi, my laptop has suddenly stop connecting to the Internet. I’ve tried multiple solutions but they haven’t worked- I have uninstalled and reinstalled my wireless adapter then restarted the laptop, I have disabled and then enabled the wireless adapter then restarted the...
  7. Microsoft wireless adapter v1, windows 10 2004, miracast not working, AC9560

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft wireless adapter v1, windows 10 2004, miracast not working, AC9560: Hi sir my windows is updated to 2004 and now the Wireless display adpaters nevers connect to my computer. Before it was fully working . I have updated the bios, same issue. Reset networks config, same issue Updated the wifi adpater drivers. intel AC 9560 ... same...
  8. Wireless Logitech f710 not working after new updates 2004 ??????!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Logitech f710 not working after new updates 2004 ??????!!!: Shafaq Naaz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-logitech-f710-not-working-after-new/288cc6f1-67b8-4ffc-9658-5b54f7f06ded
  9. Wireless gamepad f710 not working after windows 2004 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless gamepad f710 not working after windows 2004 update: I got the windows 2004 update yesterday and now I realized that my gamepad isn't working, it has always worked fine before this and I never experienced any problems with it, even though I updated the driver many times it's still listed under "other devices" for some reason...
  10. Wireless adapter disappeared after Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless adapter disappeared after Windows update: My friend has an odd issue. His internet stopped working after an update. It turned out that he no longer has a wireless adapter "installed." I went to HP's support site, but they only had drivers for Windows 8.1, and there were 5 different ones, at that. I tried installing...