Windows 10: Wireless adaptor not working?

Discus and support Wireless adaptor not working? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is the basic desktop specs I have Dell Inspiron 660 Desktop 3rd gen Quad Core i5-3340 3.1Ghz 12G It looks like I may have bad wireless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by qualitie, Sep 7, 2015.

1. qualitie Win User

Wireless adaptor not working?

This is the basic desktop specs I have

Dell Inspiron 660 Desktop 3rd gen Quad Core i5-3340 3.1Ghz 12G

It looks like I may have bad wireless adaptor card even though the windows diagnostics show it is fine. It is able to detect one of my routers (have 2 in the house) but is unable to connect. Had reset router multiple times and other computers in the house are able to pick up and connect fine. What are the steps/tests I should undertake to confirm the wireless adaptor card is the problem. Can I replace it myself, am ok with basic troubleshooting. Will be glad to provide more information. Please advice.

:)

qualitie, Sep 7, 2015
  2. Tom_Tams Win User

Windows 10 update error 0x8024401c

Hi,

My problem seemed to be with my Ethernet network adaptor. I installed a wireless adaptor and the problem went away. The Ethernet adaptor is a Realtek PCIe GBE Family controller and the wireless adaptor that I installed to take it's place is a DWA 130 Dlink
    adaptor.

Tom_Tams, Sep 7, 2015
  3. Window 10: dual network adaptors usage.

Original Title: dual network adaptors

I have a wired public network ip adaptor and a wireless private network ip adaptor. Can I somehow force windows to use the wireless adaptor (which is faster) for the internet, or will it do that automatically?

thanks in advance

jamesregan49, Sep 7, 2015
  4. brummyfan Win User

brummyfan, Sep 7, 2015
Thema:

1. Wireless adaptor not working? - Similar Threads - Wireless adaptor working

2. Microsoft Wireless display adaptor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Wireless display adaptor: Greetings,I am trying to update firmware by physically connecting to laptop into HDMI and USB Port on the Laptop, but it is not detecting in the wireless adaptor application and Laptop. even I tried to reset but could not.So, I updated windows updates and latest Microsoft...
  3. Wireless Network Adaptor not Starting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Network Adaptor not Starting: Hello,I have laptop with Windows 10 Pro, namely Lenovo ideapad Z560. The wireless adaptor doesn't start even after installing its driver several times. Please do needful.Device OS Specification Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 OS build 19045.2728;Wireless Adaptor...
  4. Microsoft Wireless Adaptor Support

Microsoft Wireless Adaptor Support: Hello,We have a Wireless Display adaptor that continually resets or doesn't power on at at. Reset button doesn't help...How do I contact Microsoft support? Its less than a year old and our vendor says it should have a 1 year warranty. The support page isn't loading the PC...
  5. Xbox Wireless Adaptor Issues

Xbox Wireless Adaptor Issues: Hello, Really struggling this Christmas morning to get my gift to work. My Wireless Adaptor shows no signs of life no light on the USB. I am plugging it in to my PC through the extension? USB strip that came along with the controller. One thing to note is that this worked...
  6. Wireless Network Adaptor problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Network Adaptor problems: Every few months I lose internet connection on my computer and I get the same error message about problem with the network adaptor. I have the following message: Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adaptor is experiencing driver or hardware-related problems. I...
  7. XBOX wireless adaptor not working anymore

XBOX wireless adaptor not working anymore: i have 2 xbox wireless adaptors that were both working for my 2 wireless controllers but hasnt been working the last 2 weeks. it doesnt come up on device manager and the adaptors dont even light up anymore even when i press button on the device...
  8. LAN and Wireless Network Adaptor not working, Win10

LAN and Wireless Network Adaptor not working, Win10: Hi all, I did a silly thing and now both my LAN and Wireless Network adaptors are not working. On both I have the following 'device status' "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device Code 56." Using a second laptop, I've downloaded and installed...
  9. Problems With Wireless Adaptor Installation

Problems With Wireless Adaptor Installation: HI , I am trying to install my Edimax EW-7711UAN Wifi USB adaptor on my Win 10 laptop. When I plug it in, it does not appear in Network Connections but it does appear in Device Manager under network adaptors only with a question mark. The device status reads: Windows is...
  10. Problems With Wireless Adaptor Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems With Wireless Adaptor Installation: HI , I am trying to install my Edimax EW-7711UAN Wifi USB adaptor on my Win 10 laptop. When I plug it in, it does not appear in Network Connections but it does appear in Device Manager under network adaptors only with a question mark. The device status reads: Windows is...