Windows 10: Wireless and other mice won't work

Discus and support Wireless and other mice won't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My external mouse for my laptop stopped working. I have now purchased 2 more (first was the same brand so then I went with another). In all 3 cases,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BrianMathews2, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Wireless and other mice won't work

My external mouse for my laptop stopped working. I have now purchased 2 more (first was the same brand so then I went with another). In all 3 cases, they will not operate and when opening device settings, it says the drivers are corrupted. Then I click update driver and it tells me that I have the latest driver and it won't overwrite. I've deleted the devices and then re-installed - nothing works. Even plugged in a "wired" mouse just to test and the same thing happens. I have no idea what to try next since it's clearly not worth $100-200 repair fee to install a $20 mouse.

:)

BrianMathews2, Oct 7, 2019
  2. KJA_60 Win User

Wireless and Bluetooth mice not working

I already posted this on HP, so I just copied and pasted it here...

I have always used a wireless mouse on my HP laptop. Suddenly it no longer works. I tried the reciever in every USB port. I tried another mouse - it didn't work either. I tired a flash drive in every USB port and it worked.

I tried the mouse on another laptop and it worked. I checked the mouse settings and the mouse does not show up in the hardware list. I tried downloading driver software, no luck. I bought a new bluetooth mouse to bypass the
    USB port. It connects just fine, but does not work and does not show up in the hardware list.

The mouse does show up on the devices list in Control Panel.

I tried a system restore to a point before a Windows update (one of the programs affected was Logitech), but it didn't work.

The only thing that I know happened before this situation was my cat jumping up and laying on my keyboard. Is there something that could have been turned off?

Update:

I have an update, even though it is really no help.

I keep searching for answers and found another thread with a similar problem. I tried the suggestion posted even though it was for a USB mouse, not a wireless mouse.

This is the link to the thread...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/external-mouse-won-t-work/td-p/...

I went through the process and opened the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI). I got to the mouse section and the first thing I noticed is that this test does not work on Bluetooth devices. I turned off my Bluetooth mouse,
    reconnected my USB wireless mouse and it worked! Passed the test!

I restarted the computer and the mouse still doesn't work. I am very confused.

KJA_60, Oct 7, 2019
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Oct 7, 2019
  4. Wireless and other mice won't work

google and you tube stiil won t work

google and you tube stiil won t work

radelovric, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

Wireless and other mice won't work

1. Wireless and other mice won't work - Similar Threads - Wireless mice won't

2. Two sets of wireless keyboard and mice stopped working with laptop they worked with for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two sets of wireless keyboard and mice stopped working with laptop they worked with for...: I have a Microsoft Sculpt wireless keyboard and mouse that I connect via USB. After over a year with not one issue, the mouse started acting erratically and the keyboard was responding slowly or not at all. Changed batteries twice. Changed USB ports. Tried on another computer...
  3. Two sets of wireless keyboard and mice stopped working with laptop they worked with for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two sets of wireless keyboard and mice stopped working with laptop they worked with for...: I have a Microsoft Sculpt wireless keyboard and mouse that I connect via USB. After over a year with not one issue, the mouse started acting erratically and the keyboard was responding slowly or not at all. Changed batteries twice. Changed USB ports. Tried on another computer...
  4. Two sets of wireless keyboard and mice stopped working with laptop they worked with for...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. 2.4Ghz wireless mice are stuttering and lagging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2.4Ghz wireless mice are stuttering and lagging: My Asus Keris wireless mouse (has both Bluetooth and 2.4ghz modes) is randomly stuttering and lagging in 2.4ghz mode no matter what I use my PC for productivity or in game. I only got thr mouse a week ago. It works as normal in wired and Bluetooth mode. My logitech g pro...
  6. Using 2 Wireless Mice

Using 2 Wireless Mice: Is it possible to connect (wirelessly) a second wireless mouse to the same USB port and have them both work simultaneously? Thanks 171499
  7. Using 2 Wireless Mice

in Windows 10 Support
    Using 2 Wireless Mice: Is it possible to connect (wirelessly) a second wireless mouse to the same USB port and have them both work simultaneously? Thanks 171499
  8. Recommendation for wireless mice

Recommendation for wireless mice: I'm trying to look for a wireless mouse to replace the one I have right now. However, it seems that despite my seemingly low requirements, I can't find something that seems satisfactory. Right now, I'm using a Dell WM514p which, while good enough, doesn't have back/forward...
  9. Regarding wireless keyboards and mice

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Regarding wireless keyboards and mice: For 25 years I've turned on monitor, speakers, and computer every day. Now I'm considering an all-in-one desktop. Just one AC plug, just one button! But I find that most of them now use "wireless" keyboards and mice. My questions: Do these have to be turned on and off every...
  10. Microsoft Wireless Mice not working on W10 Upgraded Toshiba Laptops

Microsoft Wireless Mice not working on W10 Upgraded Toshiba Laptops: Dear Colleagues, I've been tearing my hair out with this one for 2 days now. I have 2 toshiba laptops (Satellites) which I've just upgraded to W10. They both worked perfectly. One has a Microsoft Wireless Mouse 3500 and the other a Microsoft Wireless Sculpt Mobile Mouse....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mice and other pointer driver

2. mice and other pointing devices

3. pointing device manager

4. mice and other pointer devices