Windows 10: Wireless (bluetooth) headphones disconnect, reconnect without sound if pc stops playing sound

Discus and support Wireless (bluetooth) headphones disconnect, reconnect without sound if pc stops playing sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows version: 10 pro, version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 (according to system information) headphone brand: 3sixT wireless bluetooth headphones... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlexIWalker, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Wireless (bluetooth) headphones disconnect, reconnect without sound if pc stops playing sound

Windows version: 10 pro, version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 (according to system information)

headphone brand: 3sixT wireless bluetooth headphones

Issue:

Headphones connect to laptop (surface laptop), listed in bluetooth settings as connected for voice,music

If I don't start playing any sounds (music, youtube etc) in the next ~30 seconds after connecting, the headphones alert me that they have disconnected and reconnected, but now they list only voice connected. Same thing happens if I was listening to something and stop/pause it for too long.

They are no longer available in the audio output changer in task bar when this happens.

The device manufacturer (3sixT) does not provide any custom drivers and they seem to use the standard bluetooth headphone drivers available on whatever system they are connected to.

These headphones connect without issues to my phone (android); issue only seems to be with my laptop.

Unable to find many discussions of similar issues, and those that I could used outdated advice / settings that no longer exist (one suggested something in power settings for the device under the device manager page, but that setting doesn't exist now...)

Any ideas how I can resolve? (EG, headphones don't disconnect and reconnect without sound if sounds stop playing?)

:)

AlexIWalker, Apr 14, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

wireless headphone connected but sound disconnecting repeatedly

Hi Armyn,

There are various factors why sound may disconnect while using wireless headphone. It can be due to outdated sound drivers or corruptions. To better isolate your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried updating you sound drivers?
    • Have you tried using another headphone and check if the issue still persist?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Hardware and Devices. This will identify and diagnose technical issues. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard and select
      Control Panel.
    • On the upper right part of the Control Panel window, type
      Troubleshooting
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Hardware and Devices and follow the prompt to proceed with the troubleshooter.
    • Restart your PC and check if the issue still persist.

Let us know if this works for you and if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 14, 2019
  3. gordon99 Win User
    Bluetooth headphone sound volume keeps changing.

I have a relatively new Bluetooth Pulse Echo headphone set and an Acer Aspire 3 notebook that has Windows 10 O/S. When I use the headphones with the notebook in wireless mode the sound volume alternates between normal and very low. I have run Windows Bluetooth fault finder and disabled sound enhancements to no effect. The headphones work fine in conjunction with my iPad however.
    Could anyone suggest a solution for this problem please?

gordon99, Apr 14, 2019
  4. Wireless (bluetooth) headphones disconnect, reconnect without sound if pc stops playing sound

Bluetooth headphones "disconnected" and will not reconnect

I recently bought new sony bluetooth headphones and they were working great (besides the fact that i had to go out and buy a dongle) until today when i noticed that only the "headset" would connect and there was not an option to input "headphones" like there
    was before. So then i went to "playback deceives and noticed that it listed "headphones" as disconnected. i right clicked on it and clicked "connect" but it didn't do anything. I disconnected and reconnect my "headset" to test if it was something with my
    Bluetooth but it disconnected and reconnect fine.

please help

Matthew2847, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

Wireless (bluetooth) headphones disconnect, reconnect without sound if pc stops playing sound

1. Wireless (bluetooth) headphones disconnect, reconnect without sound if pc stops playing sound - Similar Threads - Wireless bluetooth headphones

2. Bluetooth Headphone Sound Control Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Headphone Sound Control Issue: When using my bluetooth headphones with my laptop I have an issue with native os sound control. When using the keyboard controls to raise and lower the sound or the sliding the sound toggle on the taskbar my headphones are muted below a numerical value of 5. This issue is not...
  3. no sound through headphones; headphones stop Netflix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no sound through headphones; headphones stop Netflix: Microsoft Surface Pro Surface Pro with Windows 10 stopped playing Netflix when I plugged in earbuds. Now I can't get sound from earbuds with any application (such as Youtube) which has worked fine for several years....
  4. Choppy sound from Bluetooth headphones

Choppy sound from Bluetooth headphones: I use Bose AE2 Soundlink Bluetooth headphones and they worked fine at first but I have a problem now. When I leave my headphone idle for a while, the audio gets choppy. In other words when I play a soundtrack over the headphones, the audio cuts every moment. I have to...
  5. Bluetooth Headphones Sound Issue In-Game

Bluetooth Headphones Sound Issue In-Game: I just got my first set of Bluetooth headphones yesterday. The work very well with Windows so far, but when I play Forza they cut out. They'll start working for about a minute of the game then just stop. When I exit the game they then don't work again in Windows until I...
  6. Bluetooth headphones connected not as sound device

Bluetooth headphones connected not as sound device: Hello, I have got a pair of Panasonic RPHTX80B bluetooth headphones that I use with my Windows 10 laptop. All latest drivers and updates are installed. Now each time I turn them on, they are connected automatically. They appear in Bluetooth & other devices as "Connected",...
  7. USB disconnect sound keeps playing.

USB disconnect sound keeps playing.: Every 2 seconds the USB disconnect sound keeps playing. It even plays when I disconnect every single USB. Also my mouse sometimes shifts to the right, so I think this is something to do with my mouse but I don't know. This started happening after my PC restarted during an...
  8. PC won't play sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC won't play sound: I recently updated some of my audio drivers because my computer kept crashing (thread stuck in device driver error) and that appeared to be the only driver for which an update was available. Now I have no sound. My speakers won't play any sound of any kind (system sounds or...
  9. Bluetooth Headphones disconnect on first sound played (Sony WH-1000MX2)

Bluetooth Headphones disconnect on first sound played (Sony WH-1000MX2): Hi, this is a problem bothering me for a few days now. Out of the blue my Sony WH-1000MX2 disconnect whenever I try to play sound on windows. I switch on my headphones as usual, connect via "Bluetooth Devices" in notification area and get the "bluetooth connected"...
  10. No headphone sound

No headphone sound: Since the latest Win 10 update I can no longer get sound to come out of headphones. Before when I plugged in headphones the speakers were turned off automatically. Now nothing happens when phones plugged in except the speakers continue to give audio sound but nothing from...