Windows 10: wireless Cannon printer mb2160 won't print says 'set up problem' test page does work

Discus and support wireless Cannon printer mb2160 won't print says 'set up problem' test page does work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; wireless Cannon printer mb2160 won't print says 'set up problem' test page does work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KylieJack1, Apr 28, 2021.

1. wireless Cannon printer mb2160 won't print says 'set up problem' test page does work

wireless Cannon printer mb2160 won't print says 'set up problem' test page does work

:)

KylieJack1, Apr 28, 2021
  2. 7.62 Win User

Setting up wireless printing.

Hi all

I have a lexmark printer that works fine when plugged in using USB, and I also have a wireless router that supports a onboard print server.

I cant seem to get the printer to work from the router? I have installed the correct drivers, but it just wont resolve.

Any suggestions?

3. Cannon Printer wont connect to Router

Cannon Printer wont connect to Router

I am trying to get my Cannon Pixma MG6650 to print Wireless using my Router its a Netgear N300.

I have the correct drivers from Cannon but when i run through the Setup at the end it says it cant find it on the Network.

Cannon told me to go to this link:
    https://www.canon.co.uk/support/con...6650.aspx?type=faq&faqdetailid=tcm:14-1193197

but this is not much help since this is the first time i have ever had to set up a Wireless Printer. I am NOT a newbie to PC's. It works fine via a USB. But this was not why i bought it.

Its Windows Ten 64 Pro. I go through all the Cannon Setup Programe and it detects the Access Point but when it get to the end of the Setup with the Printers on Network list it is not on it.

I have tried what it says to do if the Setup can't find it clicking Next, Update, Setting printer could not be found on the list. It still will not work.

Cannon said do this:

First please press the HOME button:

1. Select ‘Setup’ and press OK

2. Select ‘Device Settings’ and press OK

3. Select ‘LAN Settings’ and press OK

4. Select ‘WLAN Setup’ and press OK

5. Select other connection methods and select ‘Standard’

6. Select your access point

7. Enter your password and connect

The password is located on the back of your router.

Once you have connected your printer to the wireless network, please download and install the drivers on every computer you would like to use with your printer, select the wireless connection method in order to print wirelessly.

The link for the drivers were sent to you in a previous email.

-------------------------------------------

I go through all the Cannon Setup Programe and it detects the Access Point but when it get to the end of the Setup with the Printers on Network list it is not on it.

I have tried what it says to do if the Setup can't find it clicking Next, Update, Setting printer could not be found on the list. It still will not work.

I have ran a Program called Advanced IP Scanner. It shows My Router, Network Adapter, Ipad,
    Cannon Printer the IP's and MAC Address.

When i Ping the Printer from the Program i get: Request Timed Out, Packets Sent = 4 Received = 0 Lost = 4 100% Loss.

I am at a Loss.

COMPMAN2010, Apr 28, 2021
  4. wireless Cannon printer mb2160 won't print says 'set up problem' test page does work

Printer will print test patterns, but not documents.

I have a Cannon Pixma MG5520 that can print a test pattern just fine, but when I try to print a document in just prints out that number of blank pages. I have not used that printer in a few months, and when I put new ink in it and printed out a test pattern,
    it seems to print just fine. but when I tried to print a document, it will only print out at best a watermark, but usually the pages are blank. I have already upgraded the drivers off of Cannon's website.

I'm at a loss.

CharlesFerraris, Apr 28, 2021
Thema:

wireless Cannon printer mb2160 won't print says 'set up problem' test page does work

1. wireless Cannon printer mb2160 won't print says 'set up problem' test page does work - Similar Threads - wireless Cannon printer

2. My wireless printer was working. And now it says "attention required". It prints a test...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wireless printer was working. And now it says "attention required". It prints a test...: My wireless printer was working. And now it says, "attention required". It prints a test page with no problem. There is nothing in the que to print. Not sure what to do to correct this....
  3. My wireless printer was working. And now it says "attention required". It prints a test...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wireless printer was working. And now it says "attention required". It prints a test...: My wireless printer was working. And now it says, "attention required". It prints a test page with no problem. There is nothing in the que to print. Not sure what to do to correct this....
  4. My wireless printer was working. And now it says "attention required". It prints a test...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Printer prints only test page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer prints only test page: My printer only prints test page. I dont have enough knowledge to computer so I will explain it with the best of my experience. The printer works fine before upgrading computer but now it is not working fine. The printer prints test page but when I print using office...
  6. Printer prints only test page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer prints only test page: My printer only prints test page. I dont have enough knowledge to computer so I will explain it with the best of my experience. The printer works fine before upgrading computer but now it is not working fine. The printer prints test page but when I print using office...
  7. Printer prints only test page

8. my printer prints the test page but otherwise will not print.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my printer prints the test page but otherwise will not print.: I tried to troubleshoot but it did not find a problem, i followed the advise to restart the print spooler, but it did not help. The only change made between the time when the printer printed my docs and now when it does not print was that windows updated itself. What can I do...
  9. Cannon Wireless Printer

Cannon Wireless Printer: Hello, My name is Alesha. I have a Dell 7th Gen laptop. I am trying to connect a wireless printer Canon TS3122. I can not figure how to connect it. I hope someone can help me?...
  10. Print test page seems to work but does not actually print

Print test page seems to work but does not actually print: I have a new Windows 10 (1903) machine with a USB-attached receipt printer (Ithaca BankJet 2500 for information's sake). I connect it using a USB printer port. It looks like it installs fine, but when I try to print a test page, it goes through the motions (you can see the "1...