Windows 10: Wireless Capability and Other Internet Problems

Discus and support Wireless Capability and Other Internet Problems in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'd like to know why in the world the Wireless Capability turned off for no absolute reason. I've had a lot of problems with only HP Microsoft Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JaydenFenderson, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Wireless Capability and Other Internet Problems

I'd like to know why in the world the Wireless Capability turned off for no absolute reason. I've had a lot of problems with only HP Microsoft Windows 10 and 8 computers just disconnecting from the internet randomly, deleting all my connections randomly and now the WORST of them all, Wireless Capability turned off for no reason.

I've had this HP Pavilion Laptop for almost 4 years now. Never have I ever had a problem like this that couldn't be fixed. I looked up on my phone and it said I had to press F12, which was Airplane Mode. Since none of the stuff worked, I had to Factory Reset my laptop, but thank goodness, I was getting close to 60% finish in resetting before the computer died from lack of charge and thank goodness, it undid the changes and fixed everything and none of my data was lost. What I wanna understand is why in the world would the computer turn that darn feature off for no reason??

:)

JaydenFenderson, Apr 9, 2019

2. Wireless capability won't turn on

Thanks to you all for your suggestions but none of them solved my problem. To make matters worse I learned at Toshiba's website that my Satellite A665 is not listed as Windows 10 ready device.

Fortunately I also found an answer to my problem, and that was to turn on the wireless capability using the software switch: TBSWireless.exe located in the Program Files/Toshiba/TBS directory.

Now I plan to go back to my Windows Home Premium.

Benjamin0811, Apr 9, 2019
  3. wireless capability

I have an HP elitebook and my troubleshooter is telling me that my wireless capability is turned off. It suggests to push the wireless button on my computer, which I cannot locate or to use the function keys. I have no idea what the function keys are
    much less where to find and/or use them.

LauraHenry, Apr 9, 2019
  4. Wireless Capability and Other Internet Problems

wireless capability is turned off

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do you have any third party security program installed on the computer?

Please try the following methods and check if that resolves the issue:

Method 1: Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter and Network Adapter Troubleshooter

Step 1: Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Internet Connections on the computer. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.

• In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.

• Click on “Internet Connections”.

• Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: Run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Network Adapter Settings on the computer. It also checks if the network adapter drivers are up to date or not. It may
    also provide you some clue about the hardware failures happening to the Network Adapter. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.

• In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.

• Click on “Network Adapter”.

• Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Once after running the troubleshooters, check troubleshooting reports and let’s know the details. You may also try out the suggestions given by the troubleshooter and check if that helps.

You may also try uninstalling and reinstalling the latest Network Card Drivers from the computer/network card manufacturer’s website and check the status of the issue.

Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the Network Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Network Adapter Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Network Adapter from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may
      select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2:

Go to the Computer or Network Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Network Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

You may also refer to the articles given below, try the suggestions given in them and check if that helps:

Wired and wireless network problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/...3&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

(applicable for windows 10 also.)

Please wait while the system check for the updates. If updates are found, click on Install updates.

You may also refer the article below:

No wireless networks are available after you upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3084164

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

Wireless Capability and Other Internet Problems

1. Wireless Capability and Other Internet Problems - Similar Threads - Wireless Capability Internet

2. Turn on wireless capability

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn on wireless capability: Hello,I’ve reset my laptop and all is good apart from the internet. I went through the set up process but couldn’t connect to the internet. When I try to connect to WiFi in settings, the laptop tells me that WiFi is disabled and I can’t enable it. Any ideas??...
  3. Turn on wireless capability

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn on wireless capability: Hello,I’ve reset my laptop and all is good apart from the internet. I went through the set up process but couldn’t connect to the internet. When I try to connect to WiFi in settings, the laptop tells me that WiFi is disabled and I can’t enable it. Any ideas??...
  4. Turn on wireless capability

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. "Wireless capability is turned off"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Wireless capability is turned off": Hello guys,I am currently running a Dell Windows 11 laptop, and every now and then the internet just shuts off and doesn't connect at all. I try to turn it back on via Quick Settings however when i turn it off, it just says "not available" underneath it. I don't really know...
  6. Problem connecting to internet wireless

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem connecting to internet wireless: I have a problem connecting internet wi-fi after this installation: 2023-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5022287I have Windows 11 Enterpreis version 21H2.I' ve already tried to update driver but nothing resolved the issue....
  7. Problem connecting to internet wireless

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem connecting to internet wireless: I have a problem connecting internet wi-fi after this installation: 2023-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5022287I have Windows 11 Enterpreis version 21H2.I' ve already tried to update driver but nothing resolved the issue....
  8. Enable Internet capability

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Enable Internet capability: When I turned my computer on this morning, I wasn't able to connect to the Internet so I used the troubleshooter. It told me to turn on wireless capability using the switch. I then use the switch to turn it on, it doesnr work. I then try the function keys and they also don't...
  9. Wireless capability is turned off

Wireless capability is turned off: Hi my dell Vostro 3546 laptop with windows 10 is having trouble with its witeless connectivity. The wife toggle button is turning off on its own in few minutes every time i turn it on and it doesnt show the available networks after i turn it on. i have tried all the...
  10. wireless capability

wireless capability: i have a windows 10 samsung pc and it said my wireless capability is turned off i cant find the switch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-capability/8bcb3392-10ff-4d37-b994-6d2f6afd06d4