Windows 10: Wireless card keeps disappearing

Discus and support Wireless card keeps disappearing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My wireless adapter has been dropping out intermittently and with increasing frequency these last few months. When it drops out, the adapter is missing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Truman05, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Truman05 Win User

Wireless card keeps disappearing

My wireless adapter has been dropping out intermittently and with increasing frequency these last few months. When it drops out, the adapter is missing from network settings and the device manager. Usually a few hard reboots would bring it back, but at some point last month nothing would do. After a factory reset of the laptop, everything went back to normal, but now it dropped out completely again, same as last time. Even when I reinstall the WLAN driver and restart, it doesn't show up in device manager with (hidden devices neither).

Any help would be appreciated, I'm out of ideas and at this point I think it might be hardware related. Thanks!

:)

Truman05, Apr 3, 2019
  2. Steve C Win User

Realtek Card Reader Keeps Disappearing

I just discovered reports of a bad block on the card listed in event viewer before it disappears. I'll try and correct that and try another card. Have also posted to Dell forum.

Steve C, Apr 3, 2019
  3. Aspire V5 122p and the disappearing Wireless Card

Hi Scott,

I realize that you are facing issues with the wireless card. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to update the network driver from Device Manager to check if that helps.

You may update the Network driver from Device Manager manually and check the status.

1. Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

2. Expand “Network Adaptor”.

3. Right click on the video driver and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists then you may reinstall the network driver to check if that helps.

Follow these steps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.

• In the list of devices, you should see Network Driver.

• Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall". Follow the onscreen directions to complete the process.
    In the Action menu of Device Manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes”
    option. This will force the default device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer to check the status.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Apr 3, 2019
  4. Wireless card keeps disappearing

(SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

Wireless card keeps disappearing

1. Wireless card keeps disappearing - Similar Threads - Wireless card keeps

2. Wireless adapter keeps disappearing and appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless adapter keeps disappearing and appearing: I don't know if my laptop adapter is broken now or is something that has to do with my DNS. From time to time my wireless connection/adapter keeps disappearing and after I left it for quite sometime, it'll appear again. I'm fine when it happens in my home because I can just...
  3. Wireless adapter keeps disappearing and appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless adapter keeps disappearing and appearing: I don't know if my laptop adapter is broken now or is something that has to do with my DNS. From time to time my wireless connection/adapter keeps disappearing and after I left it for quite sometime, it'll appear again. I'm fine when it happens in my home because I can just...
  4. Wireless adapter keeps disappearing and appearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Is it a failing wireless card?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it a failing wireless card?!: So...what exactly is going on? Here're two of many scenarios.One, I pull up a website. All good. I then click to navigate somewhere on said site and my browser suddenly says the site can't be reached. Not good. Upon either waiting several seconds or, more often, me refreshing...
  6. Is it a failing wireless card?!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it a failing wireless card?!: So...what exactly is going on? Here're two of many scenarios.One, I pull up a website. All good. I then click to navigate somewhere on said site and my browser suddenly says the site can't be reached. Not good. Upon either waiting several seconds or, more often, me refreshing...
  7. wireless card driver

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wireless card driver: how can I install wireless card driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-card-driver/8da5bddb-e82a-461b-be37-a40738b5d805
  8. Integrated wireless card disappeared

Integrated wireless card disappeared: Today I turn on the PC, I started and I noticed that I could no longer connect to a WiFi network. The settings didn't show the wireless option and it was actually as if my computer didn't have the wireless card. My PC is a desktop computer with the Aorus x570 Ultra with an...
  9. Replace wireless card with wireless + Bluetooth?

Replace wireless card with wireless + Bluetooth?: I have decided to fix up my older laptop instead of buying a new one. I recently added RAM & a new hard drive, 1TB, 7200 RPM with Advanced Formatting. I would like to know if I can replace my wireless card with with a wireless/Bluetooth card. I currently have a Realtek...
  10. Realtek Card Reader Keeps Disappearing

Realtek Card Reader Keeps Disappearing: I've just updated my Dell Inspiron 7537 laptop to Windows 10. All is working fine apart from the built in Realtek card reader. When the PC starts, the card reader appears as a drive and I can read/write to the card. However, the reader will randomly show no content in file...